Become a Patron!

Is the Digiflavor Drop RDA Discontinued?

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hope not. I love the drop and want more as well.
If you find a site, let me know.

I'm a QP design fanboy (Kali V2) but I use Drops on various mods for different flavors. Out off all the RDAs, budget/normal/highbrow, it murders the rest.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I like the drop because they didnt over complicate it. N it throws clouds of flavor.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got the all black Drop. It's a fantastically constructed RDA. It just looks and feels so solid. I used it for a while before I got into single coil RDAs. I'll have to revisit it some time..

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have y'all not heard about the Dovpos Varient? It fixes a few of the problems that plagued the Drop. Plus it's about $10 less than the Drop's initial price.

If anyone in this thread wants a standard SS Drop, I'd be willing to sell mine for cheap!.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have y'all not heard about the Dovpos Varient? It fixes a few of the problems that plagued the Drop. Plus it's about $10 less than the Drop's initial price.

If anyone in this thread wants a standard SS Drop, I'd be willing to sell mine for cheap!.
What are the flaws?

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the drop because they didnt over complicate it. N it throws clouds of flavor.

Out of all of my RDAs, look what sits on my Paranormal.

That says a lot.

235aa2098fa917c5eb001ce13965a85c.jpg

I got the all black Drop. It's a fantastically constructed RDA. It just looks and feels so solid. I used it for a while before I got into single coil RDAs. I'll have to revisit it some time..

Ugh, I loathe single coils.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor

My biggest problem with the Drop is not enough airflow. The Variant has even less airflow than the Drop.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What are the flaws?

I didn't say the Drop was a bad RDA. I actually love it, it was my daily driver for nearly a year. But the orings on that RDA were horrendously tight, every single one of them, even after installing the updated orings. Pulling the coils a couple millimetres towards the center of the deck can cause extra hot spots and extra coil distortion too. The Variant tried to address those problems, and it has new features that make it more appealing (but those are more subjective reasons).

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That 'experiment' he conducted is pretty interesting, and it's effected how I build. Basically, it taught me how air mostly travels in a straight line in a vacuum. But one thing always bugged be about the experiment, the walls on his mock RDA are way too thick. The extra thickness of the wall allows for the air to better 'concentrate' into a solid stream. Which enables the air to go farther into the deck in a straight line (a with less 'bending' up towards the coils/drip).

Another thing I learned from that video: The Vapor Chronicles got lucky when it came to designing of the Drop. There is no way in hell Brian knew the AF was going to interact with the coils so perfectly when he designed it. If he originally intended the coils to be close to the center of the deck, he put the posts in the wrong place lol But damn if he didn't hit gold with it!

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
That 'experiment' he conducted is pretty interesting, and it's effected how I build. Basically, it taught me how air mostly travels in a straight line in a vacuum. But one thing always bugged be about the experiment, the walls on his mock RDA are way too thick. The extra thickness of the wall allows for the air to better 'concentrate' into a solid stream. Which enables the air to go farther into the deck in a straight line (a with less 'bending' up towards the coils/drip).

Another thing I learned from that video: The Vapor Chronicles got lucky when it came to designing of the Drop. There is no way in hell Brian knew the AF was going to interact with the coils so perfectly when he designed it. If he originally intended the coils to be close to the center of the deck, he put the posts in the wrong place lol But damn if he didn't hit gold with it!
One Morten is a con man. His demos are complete BS. Airflow doesn't travel in a straight line. His air chamber is far from accurate and nowhere near scale. When airflow come into a chamber it goes up towards the vacuum source. Simple physics says it follows the path of least resistance.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Wrong. In his earliest experiments he was using cardboard instead of the plexiglass, it shows you the wall thickness actually doesn't change a thing, but nevertheless I do agree that some side airflow RDAs have a tendency to partially mute the flavor if you don't pull the coils up just a tiny little bit higher... a strong example, that would easily demonstrate this finding, would be the Goon RDA.

How accurately all the modelling works is depending on air speed and how turbulence gets affected by the scale of the mockup versus the real-world sizes/dimensions. For example, depending on air speed, a non negligible part of the flow on the downwind side of the coil will collide with the posts in the Goon RDA, thus sustaining a high pressure zone surrounding a whirl that remains trapped in the corner between the posts and the bottom of the deck. Remember he injects vapor to get the flow to become visible in his experiments. Vapor has a tendency to quickly become near invisible after it passes the first whirl, that occurs on the downwind side of the coil. So this would explain why the second whirl, that occurs in the corner between the posts and the bottom of the deck, fails to become visible in the experiment. Here is a picture that shows what happens on the downwind side of a cylinder shaped object if the air speed is optimized to make the whirl perfectly stable. This illustrates the so-called Coandă effect, that causes part of airflow to sort of 'cling' to the metal surface of a coil, evenly, and that also creates stability in the downwind area affecting flavor performance as a result.

CylinderImage.jpg

VU Sponsors