Become a Patron!

Is the nightcore I2 a good charger? What about samsungs 25r's (?)

TheRenegadeBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The battery charger i got from a local shop quit working overnight and i lost my receipt so im looking into getting 2 samsungs 25r(?) And a nightcore i2 charger to have batterys while 2 are charging.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Nightcore makes a good charger and the 25R's are well known and respected batteries.

Me, I prefer the Xtar Chargers using an SP4 right now.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd personally recommend the D2, but I like being able to see the voltage and amp rate while charging.

That being said I'm sure the I2 is a perfectly good charger.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

theycallmehydro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I currently run a Nightcore i4 (The 4 battery charger) and I love it! Its fast and efficient. It also doesn't over charge the batteries, now I sometimes have problems when putting the batteries in (I have to wiggle them a bit to get there to get picked up by the charger but its not that big of a deal). I'd recommend getting the i4 If you have more than 1 build tho, but If you have just a single vape or don't vape that much the i2 should do great too!

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the I2 and 4 pairs of 25Rs. I have had no problems with it at all.

I2-25R.jpg

TheRenegadeBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks all for your info! I ordered th i2 and just waiting to recive it. It was 10 plus 2 day shipping with prime (i created a new account and got the trial cause fuck 99 a year lmao) i decided to hold off on the 25rs cause they wernt eligible so ill probably buy them when i decide to buy something else from amazon

It turns out it was only the wall charger that went stupid because the car charger works fine! So now i have a car/motorcycle battery charger and a home haha

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As much as I'm happy with the Samsung 25R's, the Sony VTC5's are supposed to be MUCH better. They're the next batteries I'm gonna buy. Just gotta buy them from a reputable dealer because I understand there are a lot of fakes going around.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As much as I'm happy with the Samsung 25R's, the Sony VTC5's are supposed to be MUCH better. They're the next batteries I'm gonna buy. Just gotta buy them from a reputable dealer because I understand there are a lot of fakes going around.
I don't know.

I have 25Rs and HE4s and I've never noticed much of a difference in life at all, if any, between them. Maybe if I was running a mechanical mod it'd be a different story?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Probably. I'm using an iStick 100W right now. If (when) I upgrade to a 200W mod I figure the Sony's will be a better option. Right now the 25R's are perfectly fine.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably. I'm using an iStick 100W right now. If (when) I upgrade to a 200W mod I figure the Sony's will be a better option. Right now the 25R's are perfectly fine.
I want an iStick 100 watt! I'm seriously considering buying one this week.

What kind of tank are you using?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tobeco Super Tank RDA. I have dual 40/28 fused Claptons in it right now. The flavor is beyond any other tank I've ever used before. The only other tank I'd consider at this point is the Aromamizer.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking about going with the Crown, but I'll look at the Super Tank too. IIRC the Super Tank is relatively inexpensive as well.

I'm a bit of a noob at building, but I'd want it to have a decent RDA too. How's the Super Tank RDA in comparison to the Subtank Mini RBA Plus?

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have both. The Super Tank is a lot more versatile with the types of builds you can put on it. They both use the same wicking process.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here are pics of my most recent builds on both:

Super Tank RDA:
Juiced.jpg

Juice-Hole.jpg

Subtank Mini Plus:
FC2.jpg

FC.jpg

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, you'll get a lot better with you builds as you practice.

Here's a pic of my first build ever (seriously). This is about 3 or 4 months ago:
DSC_0019.jpg

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Super Tank looks slightly easier to build.

I'm not an expert by a long shot, but getting 26g kanthal to stay put in the Subtank's posts with those tiny screws is a bit tricky.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, there is a tight size limitation with the Kanger. One of it's drawbacks. I wanted a decent flavor coil for it, and ended up having to go to a high gauge fused Clapton. 2x 30g core with 40g outer. It's definitely good flavor, though.

VU Sponsors