Become a Patron!

Is there a Need for a Official VU CookBook ?

Is there a Need for a Official VU CookBook

• I dont know .

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
And how would we go about getting it made ?

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It sure would make it easier to find stuff

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So you're asking if it's ok to publish the recipes create by members of VU into an easy to read document that you'd charge $1 for?
I have no intention of collecting the D.I.Y recipes from here and selling them .

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Sure get a website use Pay Pal and sell for as much as you like, and you can sell in the unlisted vendor section.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The Point I was tryng to get to was a collaboration of the Best/most liked by the Cooks them selfs . Not something for me to leech a dollar or 2 off of there efforts .
Besides , I do not have the skills to do something like this....and make it worthy of being able to say it came from VU .
It should have some style....Not just be a plane PDF..

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
maybe a spreadsheet with links to the orignal post for the recipe that can be done in like a google excel sheet so it can be listed by recipe name and then second column a link to the forum thread. It could be kept alphabetical that way and easier to get to the thread.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have no intention of collecting the D.I.Y recipes from here and selling them .

When your poll No choice is stated as:

" No , I Hate haveing everything in one easy to use source ."

It's understandable to me the tone of some of the responses you have received.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

I can fix that if you would like, I understand some may not have the same sense of humor as me

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
The Point I was tryng to get to was a collaboration of the Best/most liked by the Cooks them selfs . Not something for me to leech a dollar or 2 off of there efforts .
Besides , I do not have the skills to do something like this....and make it worthy of being able to say it came from VU .
It should have some style....Not just be a plane PDF..
OK then but this was in your poll (I would buy that for a dollar) .

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Hummmm sorry i tryed to change that for ya but i cant edit the entrys .

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
maybe a spreadsheet with links to the orignal post for the recipe that can be done in like a google excel sheet so it can be listed by recipe name and then second column a link to the forum thread. It could be kept alphabetical that way and easier to get to the thread.
Now that would really be helpful! I've spent hours on hours looking through recipes on this site and still finding more all the time.

BTW This is the Best/Most Helpful forum that I've been on! Most of the time if you ask a question and post it....you never get a response. But the VU is different. There are actual people who respond and not just a bot lol! And the VU forum actually have people on it that know what they are talking about, and don't load you up with hot air:huh:

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OK then but this was in your poll (I would buy that for a dollar) .
Dammmm it , Am I the only one that seen that damm movie .

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can fix that if you would like, I understand some may not have the same sense of humor as me
Hummmm sorry i tryed to change that for ya but i cant edit the entrys .

Darn!

I guess that means you cannot also change:

" Hell Ya !"
to
" Hell Ya ! I don't care if some folks stop posting their favorite recipes here"

I guess some also don't have the same sense of humor I have.;)

Ron

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think it would be nice to have some sort of database that would allow you to search for recipes by flavor profile, or by what flavors you have in your inventory.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Darn!

I guess that means you cannot also change:

" Hell Ya !"
to
" Hell Ya ! I don't care if some folks stop posting their favorite recipes here"

I guess some also don't have the same sense of humor I have.;)

Ron
I am sorry if you are a contributer to the D.I.Y here and I offended you. I did not mean to .

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I took that as sarcasm all the way with an intentional comical humor behind it! - I liked it! Made my day when I read....funny shi!! LOL

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is why I would like to see the Cooks Contribute to a Collection . It is important , to keep it legit . I am sure there are mixs people are proud of and I think thay should get the credit for there findings and that the people that made them get noted as there makers . This would include improvements and notes , if the Cooks want to add them .
I also agree that anything that was collected should have the proper credit given, and only included if the creator of the recipe wanted it submitted.I would never want to try to claim someone else's work for my own. I might take a recipe and do my take on it, but credit would be given to the OP.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"Is there a Need for a Official VU CookBook​

And how would we go about getting it made ?"

It's not clear what the conc
ept you're proposing is.

Just from reading your posts, the misspelled basic words and lack of a clear idea; I'd say this might not be the project for you.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I also agree that anything that was collected should have the proper credit given, and only included if the creator of the recipe wanted it submitted.I would never want to try to claim someone else's work for my own. I might take a recipe and do my take on it, but credit would be given to the OP.
So many people taking credit for others work is happining so often on the Net is one of the reasons I have for wanting to see this done.
Credit ware Credit is due . and if it was published here it may be a help to many .

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Give it a shot now Steve, let me know if it won't open.

Nope still not able to view it

The open folder can no longer be viewed.

The folder that you were viewing no longer exists or you no longer have permission to access it. You have been moved to My Drive.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same are you sharing the folder? Try logging out of Google and try your own link. Can you access the folder?

jlw917

Member For 4 Years
Id really like to see a mixing mag tou know like tou could just go to the news stand and get it there are mags for everything else and mixing is pretty much its own culture aside from vaping

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well James, I do not think you meant any offense. The thing is that there are so many of us on here who post recipes and I think you would get a mixed reaction from this....Not right or wrong...just the fact that everyone feels differently about things. I understand your reasoning. When I post on here I don't expect it to stay here, it is the internet after all. And I honestly could care less if I get credit for something or not. But I don't consider myself a master by no means. I just love sharing what I have found and reading others input on flavors and trying out there recipes. I also respect everyone here and realize that not everyone feels as I do.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey a DIY'er named a Recipe after me should I ask for Royalties? Have her copyright the mix? :stars2:

Marc411

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Several tabs on the workbook Steve, just page through them to find the recipes. Two tabs, one all TFA and the other mixed suppliers.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did not see the tabs on the bottom! That is what you are referring to correct?

VU Sponsors