Become a Patron!

Is there another way to trim coils without using a cutter?

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't have a cutter atm and if there is another way i don't have to spend a the money on it. Its not that I don't have one but my tool kit is some where else and the ones I use for model kits arent that great (plus it been forever since I have build models).

Thanks

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started out on a Griffin RTA. I didn't frequent online vaping forums back them.and had no idea what I was doing. I bought some round wire and cotton at the shop and took it all home with me. I watched a video and realized that I didn't have a few things. For a jig I just used a nail. To cut the wire, I used a fingernail clipper.

I was so clueless back then. I remember watching the guy prime up his coils by putting juice on them. I over did it and thought the holes under the coils need filling too lol. I was so mad when it started coming out of the airflow slots. Juice was $23 for a little 15ml bottle. Ridiculous. I got it working after that and was pretty happy.

On some decks people just grab the excess leads and wiggle them around until they snap off. I never perfected that technique tho. Mine always snap off away from the screw. Then there's still a little stubby piece to wiggle.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Still use nail clippers even though I have a special fancy coil kit. No wait I traded it for a Ruby clone. Never mind that is how much I used the building kit. So...clippers.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im not sure how well the nail clippers work on alien coils. But lets see next week

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This style works good. Wally World has them.
b094230b87856775cc638fe9c3d579c6.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you have a Harbor Freight near you this is cheap enough and good Quality.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I hear Semtex also works. Remember to cover your ears before use.
I had to look THAT up...

Semtex​

Semtex
Semtex is a general-purpose plastic explosive containing RDX and PETN. It is used in commercial blasting, demolition, and in certain military applications. Semtex was developed and manufactured in Czechoslovakia, originally under the name B 1 and then under the "Semtex" designation since 1964, labeled as SEMTEX 1A, since 1967 as SEMTEX H, and since 1987 as SEMTEX 10.
seems like overkill to me...
when you could Just get a little pet helper.
go threw wire.gif
"" i show ya what ya do..""

VU Sponsors