Become a Patron!

Is this the right place for this post?

I order knockoff Ni 200 Coil Heads for MELO 2 Clearomizers from a certain vendor at a certain price. I've read the (very short) forum rules. If I read them correctly, this would be the place to ask what others vapors pay for these. Did I get that right?
Thanks.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I order knockoff Ni 200 Coil Heads for MELO 2 Clearomizers from a certain vendor at a certain price. I've read the (very short) forum rules. If I read them correctly, this would be the place to ask what others vapors pay for these. Did I get that right?
Thanks.

Welcome to VU :wave:

This part of the forum is to buy, sell and trade stuff among private individuals.

I would guess this is link the right place to post a question about coil prices: All Tanks / Factory Coils

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a moderator, but this is typically reserved for buying and selling. A little more searching, and you'll find a subforum dedicated to sub-ohm tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might have an issue getting a response as not many people vape Ni200 these days. How much did you pay?

$9.69 For a ten pack. I've tried the different resistance coils for this tank and this is the one I prefer.

"these days." Seems to indicate that there may be information to make me rethink this. Care to elaborate?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$9.69 For a ten pack. I've tried the different resistance coils for this tank and this is the one I prefer.

"these days." Seems to indicate that there may be information to make me rethink this. Care to elaborate?

First of all, you should be using the ni200 coils in temp control mode, if you already didn’t know. I don’t remember the exact issues with nickel because it’s been so long but if you google it you’ll come up with a bunch of stuff.

I used nickel for a while as that and titanium were the only wire available for temp control. Ever since stainless steel came on the scene, I have not used ni200.

As for the price, 10 coils for $10 is a good deal if they work well. Lots of people use knock off smok coils and they seem to work well enough.

First of all, you should be using the ni200 coils in temp control mode, if you already didn’t know. I don’t remember the exact issues with nickel because it’s been so long but if you google it you’ll come up with a bunch of stuff.

I used nickel for a while as that and titanium were the only wire available for temp control. Ever since stainless steel came on the scene, I have not used ni200.

As for the price, 10 coils for $10 is a good deal if they work well. Lots of people use knock off smok coils and they seem to work well enough.

Cool. I tend not to stay up to date. I find something that I like and use it till it breaks. When I started with TC about 2 years ago NI was the way to go. Can you explain (or point me to a good post ) as to why steel is better? Can I find knock offs at aw low a resistance (.15) using SS? Thanks all for your replies!

So I found .18 SS coils for my mind, but they are not knock off and cost 2x what I pay for the NI coils. What makes SS worth 2x the price?

VU Sponsors