Become a Patron!

Is vaping safe with kids around?

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you post a long term study evaluating the affects of e cig vapor and children?
Plenty of material out there for Glycerol / VG, PG etc. Nicotine can be lethal, but in the minute concentration in vapour is simply not an issue. More important to safety is securing juice bottles, using quality regulated mods with safety features etc. Don't forget that the vast majority of the "fog" you see is water vapour.

The health issues for me are vaping too hot and producing acrolein, like stinky fog machines do, and personal health associated with unknown impact of flavouring accumulating in the lungs, or raising blood sugar levels too high. Diabetics might suffer with certain Vapes, but have read about experiences where diabetics had no issues here either...

Last edited:

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Plenty of material out there for Glycerol / VG, PG etc. Nicotine can be lethal, but in the minute concentration in vapour is simply not an issue. More important to safety is securing juice bottles, using quality regulated mods with safety features etc. Don't forget that the vast majority of the "fog" you see is water vapour.
I said e-liquid, not some of its parts. Can you post a study showing the long term affects on children's lungs inhaling second hand e cig vapor? No, it isn't just water vapor. Water vapor doesn't form a film on my windscreen...

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
PS I don't blatantly vape in front of kids, and use the same etiquette as I do with smoking when out and about. However, this is cultural and not to do with safety.

decisively_unsure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I said e-liquid, not some of its parts. Can you post a study showing the long term affects on children's lungs inhaling second hand e cig vapor? No, it isn't just water vapor. Water vapor doesn't form a film on my windscreen...
Maybe you can contribute and let us know where you see the risks? City air and candy are more dangerous to kids.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe you can contribute and let us know where you see the risks? City air and candy are more dangerous to kids.
So, because sone things may be worse, it's ok to expose children to other possible unknown risks? What affects do PG, VG, food flavorings and trace nicotine have on developing lungs? No one knows...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 4 year old niece went to her doctor with her mom of course... and the doctor asked my niece..
IS THERE ANY SMOKER IN THE HOUSE, SHE REPLIED MY UNCLE DOES!!!!!!
She saw me once VAPING at the patio.... Tsk tsk tsk..
From a 4 year old, bad UNCLE

Vape On

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Masturbating kills kittens Ive heard also but I see alot of strays everywhere I go....you people need to masturbate more I guess....

Dont believe what people say or think or even bother to care for either, its the evidence that matters and until then do what you feel is right.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Makes me laugh how kids are raised today. Back in the day if I would have even brought up the fact that both of my parents smoked I would have been slapped across the head and told to know my place. Now the tail wags the dog. We've raised an entitlement generation that's offended by everything and needs safe spaces where ever they go. Sad, really sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Makes me laugh how kids are raised today. Back in the day if I would have even brought up the fact that both of my parents smoked I would have been slapped across the head and told to know my place. Now the tail wags the dog. We've raised an entitlement generation that's offended by everything and needs safe spaces where ever they go. Sad, really sad.

Amen! They are also a bunch of masturbaters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I do not want to witness the oncoming generations they raise and become the leaders of tomorrow....I can only imagine how powder coated and bubble wrapped the world will be...a Mammy World United.

ATXSwoon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sure I'm gonna ruffle some feathers with this based on how this thread is going, but i agree with iSubOhm. Blowing clouds around those who don't vape or smoke is a real dick move. Now being a decent human being would be to ask "Do you care if I vape?" because not everyone wants to inhale your flavor or have it swirling around them. Yes, society has given everyone a very negative view of any type of smoke expelled from a persons mouth weather it's cigarette (which is deserved) or vape, I have people I'm around a lot that prefer if I don't vape in their homes just because of the lingering clouds which is totally understandable! Be respectful. When I'm vaping at work and someone walks in they always swat the clouds away (even vapers themselves!) It's human reaction. As the original post stated it is a bit of a dick move vaping (especially with nic) so close to kids and what not, so don't be lazy, take a step or two or turn your head and blow it away from them. They didn't make the choice to vape. I'm not saying it's harmful, I'm saying it's irritating. I know I'm not the only one here who's had their contact lenses irritated after vaping heavily in a closed in space. One of the perks of vaping is being able to do it where you weren't able to smoke cigarettes. But that doesn't give you a free pass to blow it in peoples personal space who aren't okay with it. To answer the original question, yes it's safe to vape around children, to date there have been no studies done to negate that fact, but it's to be done at your own risk as your own personal choice of what to do around your kids. That being said, we're all adults here so you're all free to make your own decisions on right and wrong. This is just my experiene and opinion with it.

*steps off soap box*

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sure I'm gonna ruffle some feathers with this based on how this thread is going, but i agree with iSubOhm. Blowing clouds around those who don't vape or smoke is a real dick move. Now being a decent human being would be to ask "Do you care if I vape?" because not everyone wants to inhale your flavor or have it swirling around them. Yes, society has given everyone a very negative view of any type of smoke expelled from a persons mouth weather it's cigarette (which is deserved) or vape, I have people I'm around a lot that prefer if I don't vape in their homes just because of the lingering clouds which is totally understandable! Be respectful. When I'm vaping at work and someone walks in they always swat the clouds away (even vapers themselves!) It's human reaction. As the original post stated it is a bit of a dick move vaping (especially with nic) so close to kids and what not, so don't be lazy, take a step or two or turn your head and blow it away from them. They didn't make the choice to vape. I'm not saying it's harmful, I'm saying it's irritating. I know I'm not the only one here who's had their contact lenses irritated after vaping heavily in a closed in space. One of the perks of vaping is being able to do it where you weren't able to smoke cigarettes. But that doesn't give you a free pass to blow it in peoples personal space who aren't okay with it. To answer the original question, yes it's safe to vape around children, to date there have been no studies done to negate that fact, but it's to be done at your own risk as your own personal choice of what to do around your kids. That being said, we're all adults here so you're all free to make your own decisions on right and wrong. This is just my experiene and opinion with it.

*steps off soap box*
See, now that's an opinion. No judgements like you should do this and if you don't this you're a douche. No problem with this at all. It's clear, concise, and to the point. Some people here should take note.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hate to say it but kids these days are a bunch of coddled pussies, I have seen it first hand, take the phone away and the world stops, all the 16-18 year olds I know have no want to do anything, they don't even have a car or a want to get a license. All of them just sit around on facebook and text friends all night, it nothing less than disturbing.....

When I was 16 I had my license on the day I turned.

I doubt any of us hot box our cars with the windows up with the kids in it, I doubt anyone here says hey little billy come over here and let me blow this huge plume in your face.

I'm pretty sure everyone on here respects others when vaping, when I'm at bucks outside I still sit at the far end and blow it away from folks, now if I'm in a smoking area and some stupid fuck gets his tits hurt because of my vape while he's smoking that's a different story, I will kindly not give a flying fuck.....

But as usual the OP has turned into a shit show just like all these touchy posts about vaping around others, in the end I highly doubt my remaining little bit of lingering vape is going to harm shit and I'm gonna go with it, no I don't vape around your kids and blow it in your face, but once someone opens their stupid fucking mouth and tells me what to do with my own space that's where we have the problems.

Anyway all my opinion of course:)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hate to say it but kids these days are a bunch of coddled pussies, I have seen it first hand, take the phone away and the world stops, all the 16-18 year olds I know have no want to do anything, they don't even have a car or a want to get a license. All of them just sit around on facebook and text friends all night, it nothing less than disturbing.....

When I was 16 I had my license on the day I turned.

I doubt any of us hot box our cars with the windows up with the kids in it, I doubt anyone here says hey little billy come over here and let me blow this huge plume in your face.

I'm pretty sure everyone on here respects others when vaping, when I'm at bucks outside I still sit at the far end and blow it away from folks, now if I'm in a smoking area and some stupid fuck gets his tits hurt because of my vape while he's smoking that's a different story, I will kindly not give a flying fuck.....

But as usual the OP has turned into a shit show just like all these touchy posts about vaping around others, in the end I highly doubt my remaining little bit of lingering vape is going to harm shit and I'm gonna go with it, no I don't vape around your kids and blow it in your face, but once someone opens their stupid fucking mouth and tells me what to do with my own space that's where we have the problems.

Anyway all my opinion of course:)
I love it when they come to my bar and sit at a table and start texting god knows who. Hey, morons you are all friends try talking to each other. It's called having a conversation. No social skills whatsoever. I always go over and say what are you guys doing texting each other? Lol.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love it when they come to my bar and sit at a table and start texting god knows who. Hey, morons you are all friends try talking to each other. It's called having a conversation. No social skills whatsoever. I always go over and say what are you guys doing texting each other? Lol.

Yea it's strange, I went to the mall for Christmas shopping and it was really quiet in the food court, like weird quiet. Why? I look around and zombies on their phones, 10 year olds!!!! Nobody's talking anymore. People walking texting slobber hanging out of their mouths, fucking crazy. Go to eat and a family of 5, 3 of which are under the age of 6 with iPads propped up on the table doing whatever and the parents are doing.....you guessed it fucking with their phones.

Hell in a hand basket I tell ya:)

Ok anyway I've been off topic....carry on.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Hahaha.... I work in technology and we all laugh our asses off at todays 16-20 year old bunch for that exact reason. All huddled together and sending messages with broken English, rather than turning to talk to one another.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hahaha.... I work in technology and we all laugh our asses off at todays 16-20 year old bunch for that exact reason. All huddled together and sending messages with broken English, rather than turning to talk to one another.
How else could they muster up enough courage to ask each other out if they didnt text??:D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a good friend that likes to entertain. His wife and him are constantly having company over. They have a rule. As soon as you walk in the house either him or his wife will hand you a basket. If you have never been there before they will explain to you the house rules. Please put your phone in the basket. We are getting together to enjoy each others company. Feel free to check your phone anytime. If you ar not ok with this that's fine please feel free to leave and there will be no hurt feelings on our side. I enjoy getting invited there and everyone always has a great time.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We did that with keys at a party a few times. :)

Ya'll do realize the youngins officially see us as the old crotchety miserable assholes now, right?

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well... that would be condensation no?

Sent from my Phablet

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
We did that with keys at a party a few times. :)

Ya'll do realize the youngins officially see us as the old crotchety miserable assholes now, right?
Im not that old (25) but I was raised with the old age disciplinary way and mentality...Im a kid raising kids but you wont find me using a male breast bottle to soften the world for my kids, they will be raised just as I was...and I really dont care what others think, playing along never got me anywhere, its actually what boosted me further in life.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Masturbating kills kittens Ive heard also but I see alot of strays everywhere I go....you people need to masturbate more I guess....

This made my night.

Sent from my Phablet

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Well that was way back then in "those days." The only constant is change my friend.

Sent from my Phablet

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well that was way back then in "those days." The only constant is change my friend.

Sent from my Phablet
You would agree if you visit your kids school and see many kids treating their parents like dogs, and nobody will do anything about...even the parents seem to have no hold on them because kids have more right then the parents guiding/raising/paying their way into the world and now kids use "I'll call DCF or w/e" to get what they want and make sure they have all the freedom they can possibly have. Something went wrong in the last decade or so with raising kids, and I feel its by everyone involved/suffering...its their own faults, I will not deal with it or let that happen, if the kids is threatening you then I reply just as my parents did... Do you think it would be better elsewhere? Then leave but dont expect to come back afterwards. Hold on Ill get the phone now for you.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You would agree if you visit your kids school and see many kids treating their parents like dogs, and nobody will do anything about...even the parents seem to have no hold on them because kids have more right then the parents guiding/raising/paying their way into the world and now kids use "I'll call DCF or w/e" to get what they want and make sure they have all the freedom they can possibly have. Something went wrong in the last decade or so with raising kids, and I feel its by everyone involved/suffering...its their own faults, I will not deal with it or let that happen, if the kids is threatening you then I reply just as my parents did... Do you think it would be better elsewhere? Then leave but dont expect to come back afterwards. Hold on Ill get the phone now for you.
I think you misinterpreted my point of that post. Or I misinterpreted the person I quoted.

Sent from my Phablet

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had a lot going on I didn't read the full post. My apologies

Sent from my Phablet

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Im not that old (25) but I was raised with the old age disciplinary way and mentality...Im a kid raising kids but you wont find me using a male breast bottle to soften the world for my kids, they will be raised just as I was...and I really dont care what others think, playing along never got me anywhere, its actually what boosted me further in life.

I grew up half in New Orleans (for school) and half in southern Mississippi (weekends and summers). It was normal to start driving at 14 and having a skiff at 10. I was shocked when my exes son has never been fishing at the age of 17. Or to hear him brag about wild nights on mine craft. If I was up all night at 17, I was with a girl, playing music in a club or out on a boat.....with a girl. The whole social landscape is behind different. Hell, I have a sister whose 24 and even she is shocked at some of it.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Sent from my Phablet
That's true Snowflake but change isn't always for the better.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
According to deuces you're nothing, but a kid. Lol

Sent from my Phablet

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's true Snowflake but change isn't always for the better.

I already stated I misread your full post.

Sent from my Phablet

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
According to deuces you're nothing, but a kid. Lol

Sent from my Phablet
Not true, I never brought up age. You are the old soul well beyond your age, snowflake.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I grew up half in New Orleans (for school) and half in southern Mississippi (weekends and summers). It was normal to start driving at 14 and having a skiff at 10. I was shocked when my exes son has never been fishing at the age of 17. Or to hear him brag about wild nights on mine craft. If I was up all night at 17, I was with a girl, playing music in a club or out on a boat.....with a girl. The whole social landscape is behind different. Hell, I have a sister whose 24 and even she is shocked at some of it.

You should be glad he's not out getting herpes from these trashy girls these days.

Sent from my Phablet

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You should be glad he's not out getting herpes from these trashy girls these days.

Sent from my Phablet
It would have been nice for him to sweat and know what real hard work is; before, he got to the age that it was sink or swim. Not to mention, being able to socialize in reality is more important than some computer game.

- what do you have against herpes?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It would have been nice for him to sweat and know what real hard work is; before, he got to the age that it was sink or swim. Not to mention, being able to socialize in reality is more important than some computer game.

Tell him to hit me up, I make mods and tools for most games PC/PS3/Xbox :D

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looking back at some of the crazy shit I have been around like motorcycle

My Nephew has been in his room now for 10 years playing games that look like Yogi Bears Redroom nutsack.. They are not trendy they are not new .. Why does he do it? Because for him his level of friendship is inside a imaginary world. He cannot function at all in the real world he barely will take a shower without extreme protest. I have seen it get worse and worse society is not ready for technology in the way it has been introduced..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looking back at some of the crazy shit I have been around like motorcycle

My Nephew has been in his room now for 10 years playing games that look like Yogi Bears Redroom nutsack.. They are not trendy they are not new .. Why does he do it? Because for him his level of friendship is inside a imaginary world. He cannot function at all in the real world he barely will take a shower without extreme protest. I have seen it get worse and worse society is not ready for technology in the way it has been introduced..

No, the scary shit is the kid is supersmart. I really hope that with college he is able to break that and see technology for what it should be. He is ambitious so, hopefully he can direct that in a productive way.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To the op.

I vape in my car and my home with my children. In the car I crack the window, blow it straight out the window (we never smoked in the car with the kids) and it never builds up on my windshield. I sit in the same room as my children and vape, I blow it towards the wall or floor.

If someone is asshole enough to blow smoke, vape, or anything else straight in someone's face child or not, they don't deserve respect back imo because that's disrespect to the max.

And as an aside with kids and safety, from day one with the cig alikes, we told our kids very firmly they were never ever to touch, look at, even smell our vapes or equipment or anything else we may have left out. They were 2&3 at the time and you know? To this day they never ever have touched them. Even when their chores include cleaning off a table or something with a pv on it, they will tell me to move it so they can clean.

I never had to tell them twice not to touch it because I warned them it was extremely dangerous for children and would make them so sick they'd have to go to the hospital. Maybe I'm an ass for unnecessarily scaring them but it worked and we've never once had an issue

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, the scary shit is the kid is supersmart. I really hope that with college he is able to break that and see technology for what it should be. He is ambitious so, hopefully he can direct that in a productive way.

Its way beyond that man you can see if everywhere around you the Mental Illness that technology is causing is yet to be defined dealt with and even acknowledged..

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I fear of every girl that throws herself at me most likely has herpes or chlamydia lol. And working hard and sweating is definitely a good thing as well as knowing what it's like to do that for a living.. buuut.. unfortunately times are changing and hard labour isn't always a requirement these days. So many people make something of themselves from their own homes.. which is great, but I also feel like it can put a damper on the jobs that need to be worked by individuals that are actually very important. And about the socializing part.. my brother and sister are both very introverted. Never leave their comfort zones.. that's where I was completely different. I always have this need to be socializing with people.. and I don't mean on Facebook or instagram. I like going out and meeting and chatting with people.. especially women as long as they give me a challenge lol. But you're right, it's something that's not common in this generation.

Sent from my Phablet

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

College is a waste of time today. Brain washing and creating more liberal robots.

Sent from my Phablet

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I fear of every girl that throws herself at me most likely has herpes or chlamydia lol. And working hard and sweating is definitely a good thing as well as knowing what it's like to do that for a living.. buuut.. unfortunately times are changing and hard labour isn't always a requirement these days. So many people make something of themselves from their own homes.. which is great, but I also feel like it can put a damper on the jobs that need to be worked by individuals that are actually very important. And about the socializing part.. my brother and sister are both very introverted. Never leave their comfort zones.. that's where I was completely different. I always have this need to be socializing with people.. and I don't mean on Facebook or instagram. I like going out and meeting and chatting with people.. especially women as long as they give me a challenge lol. But you're right, it's something that's not common in this generation.

Sent from my Phablet
This isn't about you them or me.... It's a generational trend. Your fear of any human with girl parts definitely needs to be worked on... Perhaps professionally.
And working hard physical labor may not be a professional requirement, but, I don't trust any grown man that doesn't know what a good sweat from hard work is like. The things it teaches you are far beyond anything any class taught by anyone can teach.
Education is not just a classroom exercise. The fact that so many younger people don't see that is a biproduct of the failure of my generation to teach it.

iSubOhm

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To the op.

I vape in my car and my home with my children. In the car I crack the window, blow it straight out the window (we never smoked in the car with the kids) and it never builds up on my windshield. I sit in the same room as my children and vape, I blow it towards the wall or floor.

If someone is asshole enough to blow smoke, vape, or anything else straight in someone's face child or not, they don't deserve respect back imo because that's disrespect to the max.

And as an aside with kids and safety, from day one with the cig alikes, we told our kids very firmly they were never ever to touch, look at, even smell our vapes or equipment or anything else we may have left out. They were 2&3 at the time and you know? To this day they never ever have touched them. Even when their chores include cleaning off a table or something with a pv on it, they will tell me to move it so they can clean.

I never had to tell them twice not to touch it because I warned them it was extremely dangerous for children and would make them so sick they'd have to go to the hospital. Maybe I'm an ass for unnecessarily scaring them but it worked and we've never once had an issue
Perfect example of how someone should be. And I may have over exaggerated when I said directly into the face.. But if I had small child and I was on the couch and they were on the couch.. I wouldn't even think about hitting my mod unless it was in the other direction & I knew it wasn't going to produce a large cloud and dissipate before it reached my child or any other child's space. Which I don't have a single device that doesn't blow a big cloud. So I'd go to a different room or away, outside, etc..

Sent from my Phablet

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hate old people thread???
Eh I'm trolling!!!