Become a Patron!

istick pico settings

I have 4 istick pico devices, all are fairly old. Two of the devices draw the way I want but the other two are difficult and require deeper inhale.

I have moved a battery and tank between the four and the 'v' setting on the two that require a deeper inhale show 0 whereas the two that I like show about 5v. Can someone tell me how I change the 'v' setting on these devices?

Using the same battery and same tank, ones I like show:
0.36 ohms, 4.84v 65W
0.37 ohms, 4.9v 65W
The two that require a deeper inhale show:
0.47 ohms, 0v, 65W
0.42 ohms, 0v, 65W

Newtsche

Member For 5 Years
Five Picos here, still my favorite form factor. Low center of gravity with Nautilus and Triton minis. MTLer.

I'll try to dig up settings info but pretty busy the next couple days. Hopefully someone can help you before then.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's no v setting. In watts mode the v shows how much voltage will be applied at the selected wattage. In bypass mode it shows current voltage of the battery
All other modes are temp control, voltage is not displayed.
If you are in watts mode and all function is normal except for a weak hit it, might be a chip or firmware issue. You could reflash the firmware if you have a computer to connect USB.
Can't think of any other reason volts would not display and the mod actually works.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try putting a couple in bypass mode and see if the chip is correctly reading battery voltage. Don't need to actually fire mod.
Click fire 3 times to enter menu. Use the +/- buttons to change modes.
If it's not reading voltage check the positive contact inside battery chamber for damage, corrosion, gunk. Clean contact and cap with alcohol and q tip and recheck.
I'm sure you're aware if you tighten cap too much you can damage the positive on the battery, make sure the battery positive is not caved in.
Hope this helps find the trouble.

Thank you for all the responses. I placed in bypass mode with a new battery reads 0.45 ohms, 3.81v 65W seems to hit a little better. Switch battery to a 'good' pico, shows 0.34 ohms, 4.7v, 65W, still hits better than 'bad' pico.

I've cleaned contacts as best as I could with a qtip. The bottom looks a little brown/dull. Should I unscrew the bottom and try to clean contact better (attaching photos, no tank is 'bad', one with the tank is 'good').

I attempted to upgrade firmware. Installed 'update eleaf 1.20' program, attached device using usb but device not recognized. I have battery in the device and tried pressing fire hoping it might show up. Plug in 'good' device and try the same but not recognized. Not sure if issue is with computer hardware/software or device(s).

Attachments

• pico1.jpg
    pico1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • pico2.jpg
    pico2.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 4

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for all the responses. I placed in bypass mode with a new battery reads 0.45 ohms, 3.81v 65W seems to hit a little better. Switch battery to a 'good' pico, shows 0.34 ohms, 4.7v, 65W, still hits better than 'bad' pico.

I've cleaned contacts as best as I could with a qtip. The bottom looks a little brown/dull. Should I unscrew the bottom and try to clean contact better (attaching photos, no tank is 'bad', one with the tank is 'good').

I attempted to upgrade firmware. Installed 'update eleaf 1.20' program, attached device using usb but device not recognized. I have battery in the device and tried pressing fire hoping it might show up. Plug in 'good' device and try the same but not recognized. Not sure if issue is with computer hardware/software or device(s).
The bad one appears to be older copper contact. Good one is gold plated, same as mine.
Initially thought chip not reading but that's not the case, just seems to be poor battery contact.
Google up DIY copper cleaner and try a bit of that on the q tip and check voltage again.
20221009_112637.jpg

VU Sponsors