Become a Patron!

Istick tc100w carbon accents

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I decided to give my istick a couple accents with some cf wrap. Not a skin kit, just had some extra cf wrap from previous projects and thought it would help with the flat black. It turns out it's a bit more comfortable to hold, the mod isn't as sensitive to temp changes (hot/cold). Also helps prevent the paint from wearing at the two points where I grip it most of the time.

kWmgLMu.jpg

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Niiiice. :)

You shouldn't post your original Fluoro-Blue Bachelor rings though. :eek:

I catch a ration every time I say I like mine. :p

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lmao yea I know, not as 'matchy' as the black ones. I don't mind the blue. Not to mention that glass is on there TIGHT with a capital T. I thought I was going to break it the first time I took it apart to clean it, barely got the top unscrewed. Haven't managed to get the glass apart from the bottom yet and rather than break the glass I just left well enough alone. :p I know me, I have a tendency to be a gorilla with things sometimes and rarely does it end well.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Nano came reverse of my full size... with the blacks installed and the blue as spares.
I got the full size apart for initial cleaning, but couldn't get the Nano fully apart to install the Blues. Just the top ring, the bottom is still the black.

Another couple of builds and I'll try again. It'll probably be lubed up by then. :)

I've only had three or four tanks that were a problem... but it's worrisome to need a gorilla grip. Haven't cracked a glass yet... fingers crossed.

Go back a couple of months in the Bachelor thread (here or ECF, I forget)... I started a near shit storm by saying I liked having a new color of O-Rings. :rolleyes:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I had a helluva time first time around getting the top to come off. Not much to grab onto, the swing away lid for filling it wanted to slide open and then was putting pressure on the hinge pin. I tried using a couple of those rubbery hot pads that can be used to loosen tight jar lids, those may have helped. All in all it took a good 20min or so to finally get it to budge. Everything is slick with nothing to get a grip on.

VU Sponsors