Become a Patron!

I’m an Expert ask me (almost) anything Challenge (Closes 3/15/19) 9 PRIZES 9 Winners!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
There are plenty of “experts” on VU – both real and imagined – and in this challenge we aim to prove it. And hopefully have a little fun along the way.

BE AWARE: This challenge is NOT meant to actually provide expert advice, so if you are new and looking for answers to vaping questions, don't look here!

This challenge will be a friendly free for all, your objective is to keep the masses entertained by asking questions about “almost” anything that comes to mind, or answering those questions in an entertaining manner (please read the rules below carefully for this one please)...on top of that before you answer you must state what makes you an expert...

Anyone can post a question; Just open your post with #Q …….

OR

Anyone can answer any question within the thread as an “expert”

Open your post with a quote [reply to member asking] then start with what makes you an expert and lead with #A

As an example:

Member A posts #Q ….What is the center of the moon made from?

(Member B replies to member A, must be reply quote and say way you are an expert)

I happen to be an expert because …..I’ve read comic books about this very subject.

#A…..Cheese, A strong farmhouse cheddar to be precise.

Rules and Restrictions

1. Forums global rules which apply at all times: here are the forum rules if you need a refresher....(http://vapingunderground.com/threads/rules-of-the-forum.255/)
  2. Arguing over people’s responses is not welcomed and will lead to disqualification, we want to keep the challenge free flowing for everyone rather than playing ping pong.
  3. Trolling or unfriendly “bashing” or starting “flame wars” will be tagged and disqualified from the challenge.
  4. You can only answer a question from another member once. A member may not post multiple questions at the same time. You must wait until there have been at least two qualified answers to a question before posting another.
  5. Avoid asking the same question over and over, questions will be monitored by the team and removed if duplicated.
  6. Questions and answers must be in written text form (memes are not the form of communication for this challenge)
  7. If you find someone’s response funny or entertaining please like their post, this will help the challenge team with the award decisions.
  8. You cannot answer your own question.
  9. There’s a reason packets of peanuts contain a warning “may contain nuts”...for obvious reason assume all responses within this are complete and utter bollocks, please don’t rely on, or importantly try any of the information contained in this challenge.
  10. No this challenge is not meant to be serious.
  11. Please don’t use this challenge as an opportunity to “bash” vape companies or try to get your fellow members in the shit with political driven drivel, this is meant to be light hearted fun.
  12. Challenge Team Members have chosen to excuse themselves from all prizes, however are free to contribute as much as they like.

For more info on challenges please see http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how’s-it-all-work-see-here.433027/

How the prize is selected for this Challenge

The VU challenges aren’t about who is best or winning. We want to award our amazing community for their input and insights; as such we have engaged sponsors who share our vision of community work as a token of our appreciation.

The team will, subject to prize availability, collect the questions and answers and vote on the best out there to roll at random. We will take into account (but may not rely on) the number of likes posts have on them when we do this.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sponsor and Prize Information

————————-

Community Sponsor: Wotofo

Wotofo are kindly offering 3 individual prize packs for our community. Each pack includes the following products

Wotofo_Faris_RDTA_10.jpg (9 prizes) Wotofo Faris RDTA

1x Faris RDTA
https://www.wotofo.com/products/wotofo-faris-rdta

1x Pack framed staple coils
https://www.wotofo.com/collections/wires/products/wotofo-framed-staple-clapton-prebuilt-coils-10pcs

1 x Agleted Organic Cotton
https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-agleted-organic-cotton.html

Wotofo Shipping Info

If you are selected for an award please PM WotofoOfficial to arrange free shipping “quote expert challenge” we will let them know In advance the member names

You will need to provide shipping information including name, full address (including country), contact number and email for tracking purposes

——————————

Community Sponsor: 3CVAPE

3CVAPE are kindly offering 2 individual prizes for our community. Each prize consists of;

1 x Sahara RDA
https://www.instagram.com/3cvape/?hl=en

39610653_732196757130893_277253294441627648_n.jpg

3CVAPE
Shipping Info

If you are selected for an award please PM 3CVAPE Official to arrange free shipping quote “expert challenge”.... we will let them know In advance the member names

You will need to provide shipping information including name, full address (including country), contact number and email for tracking purposes

——————————-

Community Sponsor: CoilArt

CoilART are kindly offering the following prize for our community;

1 x Lux 200W Kit
http://www.coilart.net/lux-200-kit

Luxe.jpeg

CoilART Shipping Info

If you are selected for an award please PM CoilART Vapor to arrange free shipping quote “expert challenge”.... we will let them know In advance the member names

———————————

Community Sponsor: Heaven Gifts

Heaven Gifts are kindly offering 3 individual prizes for our community. Each Prize consists of;

1 x Suorin Air pod Kit
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Suorin-Air-Starter-Kit.html

Sourin Heavens Gifts.jpeg

Heaven Gifts Shipping Info

If you are selected for an award please first PM heavensgifts then contact [email protected] to arrange free shipping quote “expert challenge”.... we will let them know In advance the member names

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I will start the new challenge with this question:

Why is the bottom feed method of vaping called Squonk?

HINT: Answer must contain information (real or imagined) on why you are an expert on the subject :)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

A# I happen to be an expert because I read a lot in my non squonking times. Squonk means misaligned. So SQ for squeeze. And the bottle is misaligned or off center in the mod. Bottle on one side, battery on the other.

I hope I did this correctly

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
AskMe#1 - Why is the bottom feed method of vaping called Squonk?

I am an Expert
because I researched that Squonk mods date back to around 2009, which was ultimately a DIY project made by a vaper known as Carlos49. The popular name didn’t have any backing until an E-Cigarette Forum (ECF) member, Jack Murray, described the innovative design and referenced the device with the term “squonk”. While the first actual squonk mod was made late 2009 as a DIY project using a Radio Shack plastic box called the JuiceBox, it only landed in the hands of nearly 250 people. Though demand was high, Carlos didn’t deliver the rest of the squonk mods that were pre-ordered (scammed ECF members). Later in 2010, the idea was led to create REO Squonk Mod by another member. That’s when Squonkers splashed in the market and became widely popular.

This has nothing to do with the Squonk is a mythical creature reputed to live in the Hemlock forests of northern Pennsylvania in the United States. Legends of squonks probably originated in the late nineteenth century, at the height of Pennsylvania's importance in the potential timber industry.

Edit: (some references to the use of the word):
*It might have something to do with the "scientific name" of the squonk monster, Lacrimacorpus dissolvens, comes from Latin words meaning "tear", "body", and "dissolve".

*Written by Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford, the title of this song by Genesis refers to an imaginary creature (above). According to the legend, the Squonk dissolves into a pool of tears to escape from being captured.

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

Squonk mods date back to around 2009, which was ultimately a DIY project made by a vaper known as Carlos49. The popular name didn’t have any backing until an E-Cigarette Forum (ECF) member, Jack Murray, described the innovative design and referenced the device with the term “squonk”. While the first actual squonk mod was made late 2009 as a DIY project using a Radio Shack plastic box called the JuiceBox, it only landed in the hands of nearly 250 people. Though demand was high, Carlos didn’t deliver the rest of the squonk mods that were pre-ordered (scammed ECF members). Later in 2010, the idea was led to create REO Squonk Mod by another member. That’s when Squonkers splashed in the market and became widely popular.

This has nothign to do with the Squonk is a mythical creature reputed to live in the Hemlock forests of northern Pennsylvania in the United States. Legends of squonks probably originated in the late nineteenth century, at the height of Pennsylvania's importance in the potential timber industry.

Edit: it might have something to do with the "scientific name" of the squonk, Lacrimacorpus dissolvens, comes from Latin words meaning "tear", "body", and "dissolve".
Now make it funny.;)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

HINT: Answer must contain information (real or imagined) on why you are an expert on the subject :)
I am a expert because....... I squonk, therefore I am
#A - It's called squonk because if you vape another way, it's just vaping.
When you squonk you get to say you squonk, and squonk is a fun word.
Squonk Squonk !!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Squonk mods date back to around 2009, which was ultimately a DIY project made by a vaper known as Carlos49. The popular name didn’t have any backing until an E-Cigarette Forum (ECF) member, Jack Murray, described the innovative design and referenced the device with the term “squonk”. While the first actual squonk mod was made late 2009 as a DIY project using a Radio Shack plastic box called the JuiceBox, it only landed in the hands of nearly 250 people. Though demand was high, Carlos didn’t deliver the rest of the squonk mods that were pre-ordered (scammed ECF members). Later in 2010, the idea was led to create REO Squonk Mod by another member. That’s when Squonkers splashed in the market and became widely popular.

This has nothign to do with the Squonk is a mythical creature reputed to live in the Hemlock forests of northern Pennsylvania in the United States. Legends of squonks probably originated in the late nineteenth century, at the height of Pennsylvania's importance in the potential timber industry.

Edit: it might have something to do with the "scientific name" of the squonk, Lacrimacorpus dissolvens, comes from Latin words meaning "tear", "body", and "dissolve".

Written by Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford, the title of this song refers to an imaginary creature. According to the legend, the Squonk dissolves into a pool of tears to escape from being captured.

All answers must begin with why you are an expert! You can edit your post :)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I am an expert because I say I am. If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?

#A It's called squonk because it's actually an acronym. Squirt Quickly Up & Out No Kleenex
You get all the fun and none of the clean up!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am a vape expert because I'm morbidly obese,only own black T-shirts, don't shave and have never actually owned a mod that puts out less than 100 watts.and have never actually vaped any more nicotine than is found in a tomatoe.....
#A..the term squonk was coined by either Rip Tripper or Jai Haze.....or a term they both devised over a long night of trading juice at a motel 6 together.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Feel free to post your own questions folks!

Just make sure you have at least two answers before posting another :)

Also, questions remain open for the whole duration of the challenge, so feel free to answer (as long as it's only once) anytime

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Q: Pies are round, so why does everyone want to know the square of pie? :crazy:

I’m an expert because I’m a fat reviewer and whatever the rest of pulsevape said :giggle:

A# It’s to make sure I can get it in the pie hole in one go

choderfett

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I am an expert because I'm a DORK.
Different kind of pie - food vs math - square root of Pi.. (play on words.)
A pie can also be in the shape of a square .. A pie hole is someones mouth
Does that mean a pizza is a pie?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I am an expert at pies because my name is Billy Boy and my girlfriend can bake a cherry pie and I like to eat her cherry pie.
#A -The square of pie is the oven it's baked in.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

A: Because, the Pi of Pie is...Delicious.. :D

Visual aid for the Pie-Impaired:

pie_day_2_d52a416bfff30e3323ff5286fa273ef6.fit-760w.jpg

*FAIK, nobody said I can't answer my own question... ;)

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Just so you know it does not count :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

4. You can only answer a question from another member once. A member may not post multiple questions at the same time. You must wait until there have been at least two qualified answers to a question before posting another.

Rule #4

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

Read da rulz

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors