Jason Momoa: 'I Absolutely Think Aquaman Will be Involved in the DCU'

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The fate of pre-existing DCEU characters hangs in the balance following James Gunn and Peter Safran's DC takeover, but Aquaman star Jason Momoa's not worried about it. Speaking to Total Film, Momoa expressed confidence that the King of the Seven Seas will be a part of future DCU plans.

"I absolutely think Aquaman will be involved in the DCU," Momoa said. "It’s on, bro – there’s no one bigger than Aquaman! But, also, I hope people are excited to see the new one. It’s fun. I really enjoy doing comedy. There’s some really funny stuff with Patrick Wilson. I really adore him. We had a great time working together. It’s like we’re brothers. There’s a lot of cool stuff happening in this one."

Momoa also pointed out that Safran is a producer on the upcoming Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, and he called the new DC Studios co-CEO "a dear friend."

Shortly after the big DC news last year, Momoa said that one of his "dreams come true" will be happening under Gunn and Safran's watch. It's still unclear exactly what dream Momoa was referring to. However, Momoa teased a "wonderful" meeting with Gunn and Safran, saying he'll "always be Aquaman" but "there might be some other characters" in the cards, too.

The actor seemed excited about his future with DC and Warner Bros. in January, when he posted an Instagram video with himself saying, "Great news with Warner Brothers... Amazing! Wish I could tell you, but here it is! Peter, I love you. James, I love you... To the future, to the future."

For now, Momoa is promoting Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, which is set to hit theaters on December 25 of this year.

Logan Plant is a freelance writer for IGN covering video game and entertainment news. He has over six years of experience in the gaming industry with bylines at IGN, Nintendo Wire, Switch Player Magazine, and Lifewire. Find him on Twitter @LoganJPlant.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors