Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Machining/threading/tolerance is QP’s usual fabulous.

As we can see its super easy to build. Note the deep screw holes – helps guide the driver into the slot and you can open the posts all the way w/o nearing the screws falling out. Easy wicking -..thinned, cut short to just tuck it - none or very little down into the visible side port… works for me.

No hassle twist lock cap. 3.5ml straight glass is much better than the 2 I run onto since I don’t care for bubbles.

Semi restricted af and fits the bill for me. Not too restricted and I like it fully open.

I’ve vaped it w/fruit and desert flavors I know and it’s all there. Excellent.

Vaping it less than a day but no leaks, seeps, or condensation. And don’t expect any. Def a plus.

I've had it on 3 mods and it's going to look great on any of my most used. I passed on the og because I thought it was ugly.
It will get a lot of use. Worth the price tag.

1615645156272.png1615645441065.png

Last edited:

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Machining/threading/tolerance is QP’s usual fabulous.

As we can see its super easy to build. Note the deep screw holes – helps guide the driver into the slot and you can open the posts all the way w/o nearing the screws falling out. Easy wicking -..thinned, cut short to just tuck it - none or very little down into the visible side port… works for me.

No hassle twist lock cap. 3.5ml straight glass is much better than the 2 I run onto since I don’t care for bubbles.

Semi restricted af and fits the bill for me. Not too restricted and I like it fully open.

I’ve vaped it w/fruit and desert flavors I know and it’s all there. Excellent.

Vaping it less than a day but no leaks, seeps, or condensation. And don’t expect any. Def a plus.

I've had it on 3 mods and it's going to look great on any of my most used. I passed on the og because I thought it was ugly.
It will get a lot of use. Worth the price tag.

View attachment 179363View attachment 179364

I have the OG in black it it was a great vape. I just didn't like the form factor and the atrocious fill port design. I purchased the MR in stainless and have yet to put a build in it. (I'm busy playing with other mods and tanks. ;))

Really glad to hear that it's working well.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got the MR in gunmetal and put in on my ehpro 100w - it needs at least 70 watts. It vapes as well as my 28mm Jugg V2 (on my fatal). I am generally a mech guy but the Qp fills a gap. Them and aromamizers by far my favorite RTAs

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Got the MR in gunmetal and put in on my ehpro 100w - it needs at least 70 watts.
What resistance do you like 70w at? I have that ^ .22 @ 40w but at some resistances I seem to vape lower than some.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Loving my MRs but do wish they had kept the air slots the same size. Was very happy they left the deck original so no fiddling involved. I went ahead and bought 6 since I'm not convinced there will be any clones.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
No top af this time.
I should have bought more than 1. Not doing that shipping again. Maybe UPS will find and deliver the lost one and I can make a deal to keep it.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
No top af this time.
I should have bought more than 1. Not doing that shipping again. Maybe UPS will find and deliver the lost one and I can make a deal to keep it.
It does have top air. Only real difference is the top fill and capacity. The dts are much better imo. I'm not using either on the MR but love the black one on my artemis rdta.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
This top af ;)

1615769229068.png

The clear dt is the same as fatality, probly V2 maybe others, so I have 2 now and I like them but clear is an unusual match for me most of the time. For MR I see I'm going to like lp dts. Not necessarily slammed like above. I'd like a couple from QP but no color choice,..pay and get what they send you...which is a shame really.

With sbs, the chimney's been changed in a couple places. Means OG/MR decks not interchangeable.

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Nothing is interchangeable between the two other than dt. I might have a ogdt left, gave most of them away pretty quick. I prefer 510 medium bore dts so rarely use dts that come with tanks. Do wish the would provide adapter.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What length are you cutting your coils for this on a coily tool or by another means for measurement?

Thanks

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I didn't measure, or take picks. But give me a few mins and I'll do both.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Bad pic. The coil is a bit lower than the af opening.
1616521841454.png

This one has 5mm legs. I think I'll go 4.5

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
This is me;
I took it down to 3.5mm on the legs - it doesn't sit as low as it looks since the lens was pointing downwards a little. AF seems the same and so does flavor.
For 3id coil I don't thin the tail, I just fluff and tuck it in using the bottom 1/2 or so of the tail. My goal is to have the wick no lower than about the red line, but a little got by me and I didn't go back and trim it.
1616525331981.png

I think it's going to be forgiving on legs/wicking.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
What length are you cutting your coils for this on a coily tool or by another means for measurement?

Thanks
I cut mine 4mm with coily tool. Then after installed I slightly raise the coil.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Thank you! I also emailed QP so I could share the response with you and they've said 4mm too
I prefer 2.5mm id coil but 3mm works well too. Seems I get better flavor and af with the 2.5. Vape stays cooler as well which suits me. If you like a warmer vape 3mm would probably suit you better. Hope you love the atty as much as I do!

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was taking off and putting on the top cap a pain for you? I find it very difficult. Any tricks or will it loosen up over time?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Was taking off and putting on the top cap a pain for you? I find it very difficult. Any tricks or will it loosen up over time?
Mine could stand to be not as firm. Closing it is the same direction as removing tank, so I hold it.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
My silvet was tight for a couple refills buy it was fine once the gasket had some juice on it. Matte black was smooth right off the bat.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This RTA is incredible. Smooth and the flavor is the best I've ever had. I originally bought one in black and just bought a second one in silver. It beats the engine nano hands down and I love that thing. I also bought a hellvape destiny and the flavor on that is really good too if you're looking for a cheaper alternative.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Fan, I got a question for ya!

I bought three of these MRs when they were released. I was more than a little worried about getting a Canadian RTA after the PMTA went into effect. But I have not been able to get a decent vape out of the MR because of the small wicking slots. A 2.5mm coil helped but still didn't fix the problem. It got to the point that I was 'burping' the tank every few pulls to get a saturated vape before abandoning the tank all together.

How do you wick yours? Do you actually stick cotton into the wicking slot? Thin the cotton? Or do you use a 'damn' technique where the cotton is laid more on top of the wicking slot?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could help me put my MRs into rotation.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Vape Fan, I got a question for ya!

I bought three of these MRs when they were released. I was more than a little worried about getting a Canadian RTA after the PMTA went into effect. But I have not been able to get a decent vape out of the MR because of the small wicking slots. A 2.5mm coil helped but still didn't fix the problem. It got to the point that I was 'burping' the tank every few pulls to get a saturated vape before abandoning the tank all together.

How do you wick yours? Do you actually stick cotton into the wicking slot? Thin the cotton? Or do you use a 'damn' technique where the cotton is laid more on top of the wicking slot?

It would be greatly appreciated if you could help me put my MRs into rotation.
I can't say I've had choking with this one. Error on the side of possible flooding. From usage, seems to me like it doesn't matter how much wick is in the tail and only matters how much is in the port and left on top.

When I first got it I was wicking like above, and if the top of the untucked part of the tail was too much I'd trim it off. And that works well.

I've changed it up a bit like today's and I'd suggest trying. I thin the whole tail (3id) ,,a lot,, and not just the ends > all the way up to the coil. And shortened to a nub. So thin and short It's almost like a little fuzzball. Starting at the bottom, it all tucks in the port w/o touching bottom, and nothing on top to trim. It's loose in there and might think it'll flood, but doesn't.

Here;s today's. You can tell the amount of thinning by the drape of the wick.
Coil's not perfect :oops:

1630880274127.png

MR works with probably the smallest tail of all my attys, for sure RTA's.. Maybe even less than C4, or close to it even though that one only needs to touch the deck.

It's worth mentioning the coil is .50, and 4-5 sec pulls at 27 watts. @ 50w I can only do 2-3 sec pulls but it keeps up.

Last edited:

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply and details, I'll have to give it a try :)

The MR and Kylin Mini II both have tiny wicking ports... I have no idea why because there is no benefit that I can surmise from the design. Especially since they are both top airflow RTAs...there's zero chance of leaking due to flooding so why not design the wicking ports to be huge so we don't have to fiddle with them?? Even the tiny Druga RTA has larger wicking ports than both of these RTAs lol

That's one reason I'm looking forward to checking out the Blotto Single, looks to have a giant wicking channel!

VU Sponsors