Become a Patron!

Juice too thick not wicking please help

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I'm pretty new to all this but must say I have learned a great deal from here lately. You all are awesome. I'm vaping a Dovpo e-lvt 30w. I have kanger sub mini with a 1.2 coil. My juice is Doused "the drank" with 6 nic level. Im all about flavor but don't know the vg/pg in this juice. It's pretty thick. I changed coils about 2-3 days ago and now after about 10 hits or so I get a burning coil taste. I have to in screw tank and put some juice in center hole to soak the cotton by the wires. Almost like I'm dripping. What causes this is it just that coil and will go away once I put in a new one or will I have to do this all the time cause my liquid is thick. I don't mind dripping if you call this cause the flavor is amazing but it's just a pain cause I'm at work and just like to grab my device and hit it. Im vaping at 13.3 w don't know too much about all this. Just bought a wismec rx200 and can't wait for that baby. But in mean time any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again people. I'm so glad I found this forum.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OCC coils? Like the rba for the sub tank minis, they aren't really designed for higher vg juices. On the OCCs, you can try taking a needle or safety pin and gouging at the cotton a bit through the juice channels in the sides, sometimes the cotton is packed in there fairly tightly. But I honestly never used a higher vg ratio than 60% using those. It just won't "flow."

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Besides the above, I shut down the airflow to a sliver, and do a couple dry pulls, to pull the juice thru any air bubbles that may be blocking the capillary action feeding.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great thanks all. I'll try well....all of them. But I have to have high vg. I'm all about the flavor. Has anyone hand this Doused the drank juice? Wonder what % it is. So if I drip some juice right down middle of drip tip is that "dripping" with the wrong kinda tank? Besides just going through slot more juice is there anything wrong with it? My wismec rx200 just shipped. What kinda tank should I get to be able to go through high VG juice? I heard that Hercules plus Is a great tank with killer flavor. Crown was also mentioned. Thanks again for your help.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great thanks all. I'll try well....all of them. But I have to have high vg. I'm all about the flavor. Has anyone hand this Doused the drank juice? Wonder what % it is. So if I drip some juice right down middle of drip tip is that "dripping" with the wrong kinda tank? Besides just going through slot more juice is there anything wrong with it? My wismec rx200 just shipped. What kinda tank should I get to be able to go through high VG juice? I heard that Hercules plus Is a great tank with killer flavor. Crown was also mentioned. Thanks again for your help.

I'm using a Uwell Crown and Horizon Artic with 80%vg, and it works fine. Good flavor on the Crown.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard good things about the Hercules, but I use crowns which are great with flavor and can handle high VG. Be aware that the crown is a huge step up from the subtank, and you may find you have to lower your nic level. And be sure to google how to prime those coils - they require a more extensive process than those for the subtank!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've heard good things about the Hercules, but I use crowns which are great with flavor and can handle high VG. Be aware that the crown is a huge step up from the subtank, and you may find you have to lower your nic level. And be sure to google how to prime those coils - they require a more extensive process than those for the subtank!
In addition, as mentioned in one of @Marine3313 other threads, the Crown is designed for DL (direct to lungs).

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forgot to mention that I use the 1.2Ω coils w/12mg.
Dripping in a tank like these will fill up the airflow chamber, and will leak and gurgle on you.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So. Much. Info. Aghhhhhh. I really can't thank you all enough for giving me advise. I will be watching a ton of YouTube that's for sure!! I'm ok with the gurgle and it is messing with air flow when I drip down the tip but sure beats nasty taste. I will have to try and ream it out a lil. Should I put in a new coil and see if that helps?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So. Much. Info. Aghhhhhh. I really can't thank you all enough for giving me advise. I will be watching a ton of YouTube that's for sure!! I'm ok with the gurgle and it is messing with air flow when I drip down the tip but sure beats nasty taste. I will have to try and ream it out a lil. Should I put in a new coil and see if that helps?
If you have been running that coil with too much power, it is possible, that you burned the wicking material, thus getting a burned flavor. In that case, definitely change the coil.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yea I was I had it up to like 24-25w. I think I'll change it out cause now I'm at 13.3w but just taking longer hits cause it seems like it takes longer to build up if that makes sense. Hey Neunerball "Thanks" for your input really. This can be overwhelming for a neb like me. Thank you to EVERYONE who helped me out.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I changed coils and was great for about 30 minutes. Then I took a needle and poked at the holes.....not a good idea. Now I'm sucking juice With no air flow. I should of put on a old coil but hey I'm new and dumb. Lol. I didn't try distilled water but probably do later today. Thinking of just buying a rda and try dripping cause that's more less what I've been doing with these clogged coils. Thoughts on the clone velocity? Scared to try and making coils but probably buy pre made.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking at pics of your coils, do they in fact only have 2 feed holes? All my tanks coils have 4 feed holes on them, so they may be contributing to the issue.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes only 2 holes and of course the top. They are kanger 1.2 coils. Is there another brand with 4 holes that will fit kanger sub mini?

VU Sponsors