Become a Patron!

Just got my Tobecco DNA 30

WilECyOT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just got my Tobecco DNA 30 and have been playing around with it all. Gotta say that for $60, I think its great. The first thing to notice is that it is BIG. The chipset sitting on top of the 18650 makes for a large device. My Nemesis looks tiny next to it. I put a long tip on it an it looks alot like an Apollo Rocket....

View attachment 2034 View attachment 2036

There are a few quirks, like the previous reviews have said. The buttons are a bit annoying, they even look like an evil smiley face when standing up the device. The floating top pin could be better. But I'll take it anyway.

I've been testing with two Kayfun Lites with the same juice (Daddy's Blue Label). One built at 0.9ohms and one built at 2.0ohms. The lower resistance cant handle the full power of this thing, it starts tasting burnt. I've found that the 2.0ohm build at about 20W is about the sweet spot. Great flavor and big clouds.

Protank 3's have been a little finicky. The screwdown on my PT3s a hair shorter than the Kayfun and have had some issues making contact with the floating pin of the Tobecco. I'm using the Airflow base, but I don't believe that matters. What I did was remove the coil and press down on the positive pin from the inside to give me a little more and it's working. As far as performace, the Protanks work the same on a big 30W mod as they do an iTaste VV. 8-10Watts is the sweet spot. Even put on an ego connector to try out a PT3 mini. It worked.

The battery life has been pretty good and having no threat of "hot pocket" is a great thing. The side fire button also makes me more comfortable standing the mod up in the car. The manufacturer does recommend high drain batteries. I'm using the Efest purple or Sony VTC5 battery. I think I like using the 18650 battery as opposed to an enclose battery with USB. Just carry a spare.

Went to my fav B&M and it got favorable reviews, even with the "drippers".

I'm going to put a 1ohm Stillare on it tomorrow to see how it performs.

That is it for now because my f'n letter "between c & e" on my keyboar is not working an I'm going to throw it across the room.

Cheers

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got my Tobecco DNA 30 and have been playing around with it all. Gotta say that for $60, I think its great. The first thing to notice is that it is BIG. The chipset sitting on top of the 18650 makes for a large device. My Nemesis looks tiny next to it. I put a long tip on it an it looks alot like an Apollo Rocket....

There are a few quirks, like the previous reviews have said. The buttons are a bit annoying, they even look like an evil smiley face when standing up the device. The floating top pin could be better. But I'll take it anyway.

I've been testing with two Kayfun Lites with the same juice (Daddy's Blue Label). One built at 0.9ohms and one built at 2.0ohms. The lower resistance cant handle the full power of this thing, it starts tasting burnt. I've found that the 2.0ohm build at about 20W is about the sweet spot. Great flavor and big clouds.

Protank 3's have been a little finicky. The screwdown on my PT3s a hair shorter than the Kayfun and have had some issues making contact with the floating pin of the Tobecco. I'm using the Airflow base, but I don't believe that matters. What I did was remove the coil and press down on the positive pin from the inside to give me a little more and it's working. As far as performace, the Protanks work the same on a big 30W mod as they do an iTaste VV. 8-10Watts is the sweet spot. Even put on an ego connector to try out a PT3 mini. It worked.

The battery life has been pretty good and having no threat of "hot pocket" is a great thing. The side fire button also makes me more comfortable standing the mod up in the car. The manufacturer does recommend high drain batteries. I'm using the Efest purple or Sony VTC5 battery. I think I like using the 18650 battery as opposed to an enclose battery with USB. Just carry a spare.

That is it for now because my f'n letter "between c & e" on my keyboar is not working an I'm going to throw it across the room.

Cheers
Mine is on its way today its out for delivery more vapemail. I did not like those freaky buttons either but for 60.00 I could not pass it up I will just fix them out comes the dremel for sure I would just add a shorty extension to it dude to fix the Protank issues I always put them on cheap mods so I do not have to worry about it or a regular extension with a beauty ring can look cool ;) I will give a short review sometime once I have tested it today

WilECyOT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Finally built out my Stillare to 1.1ohms (Thank you steam-engine.org). At the full 30W, this can rock. I think it was reading 5.6V...not bad. Made sure I put a fresh Efest purple 35A battery in.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally built out my Stillare to 1.1ohms (Thank you steam-engine.org). At the full 30W, this can rock. I think it was reading 5.6V...not bad. Made sure I put a fresh Efest purple 35A battery in.
The Efest 35 amps are relabeled Sanyo 35A just a FYI.. If ya ever need to get a replacement whichever is cheapest :) I love them they are great I still prefer the Sony VTC5 as its specs are better the 35Amps is not continous they are rated at 20amp continuous which is more than enough for a DNA that can only put out 16amps ;)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Cheers
Yeah the Tobeco is kinda under the radar I got one as well for 60.00 as its kinda rare to see the CHDna chip in a tube but I have had it now a month and use it from time to time no probs so far ;)

WilECyOT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm using both the Sony VTC5 and the Efest purple with the Tobecco and getting good life. I find that it does eat up VTC4's. I didn't think I would really notice it, but I do notice it drains much faster. I only use them if I'm at home.

IDonn0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine is so big the locals made me get a weapons permit. TOBECO w/Nautilus

VU Sponsors