Become a Patron!

just joined the ranks, and already a question on the hana mod charging

Greetings, Salutations and all the good stuff :D

Like the title said, just joined though i have been lurking alot.

not sure if this is right spot to ask this, but....I got myself a hana yesterday, no clue if it is legit or clone (hard to tell these days), anyway put a 18650 in it last night, battery needed charging this morning..used the eleaf wall wart and usb cord, and something like 4 or 5 hours later it was still charging....pulled the battery out and out it on the charger and it said it had a 3.8V charge at this point (huh?!)

so i am wondering, should i be charging it with a different wall wart? Should i use the usb of my computer? I read lurking on a different forum that this should be safe seeing as the hana has a built in charger....or are the days of waiting 6+ hours the norm for the hana?

(the eleaf wall war says the following: input: 100/240V~50/60Hz 100mA, output: 5.0V 1000ma ~solid like on top and dotting on the bottom, think this means negative flow? no clue~
~i am piss poor in electronics and math....if it were not for ohms law calculator i would be lost~

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Don't know about the Eleaf wall wart but you do want one rated at 1.0 amps.

Don't know about the Eleaf wall wart but you do want one rated at 1.0 amps.
thank you for replying, i will see what i have in the way of wall wart's, i found one that is 5.36V 2amp, think it was from my kindle. Betting that one is way to high lol....the search is on now

edit: found one for my old phone, 5V 1amp, will try that one out as soon as the battery dies....unscrewing the back and manually removing the batter is too much of a pain otherwise

Greetings and welcome! I know toss about Hana's
thank you so much. Up till yesterday i know nothing about them either. Funny how for two years i was head strong saying i would never sub ohm, never own a mod (mech's where my choice) and i would never dual coil. In less then a week i own the hanna and two eleafs and enjoying a dual coil .8 ohm at 22.5W (4.2V)....i have to wonder what else i said i would never do with vaping Oo

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
thank you so much. Up till yesterday i know nothing about them either. Funny how for two years i was head strong saying i would never sub ohm, never own a mod (mech's where my choice) and i would never dual coil. In less then a week i own the hanna and two eleafs and enjoying a dual coil .8 ohm at 22.5W (4.2V)....i have to wonder what else i said i would never do with vaping Oo
We have ALL said that at one time.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thank you for replying, i will see what i have in the way of wall wart's, i found one that is 5.36V 2amp, think it was from my kindle. Betting that one is way to high lol....the search is on now

edit: found one for my old phone, 5V 1amp, will try that one out as soon as the battery dies....unscrewing the back and manually removing the batter is too much of a pain otherwise
Get the highest amp rated unit you can. The device will only take what ever the max it will use. In other words, you can't damage your device. I use a 4 port ANKER. You can buy them at Amazon. Can charge 4 usb tablets at the same time. ANKER also makes a high amp rated car usb charger, and a quality charging cable can make a difference too. http://ianker.com

Last edited:

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Both the authentic and the clones charge at .5. Anything that actually puts out .5 or better should do it.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm curious, did you just forget to put it on the charger before bed or did it actually drain the battery overnight? I'm wondering how low the battery actually was before charging. That Eleaf wall wort should have been plenty (1 amp) if it's not defective.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Greetings, Salutations and all the good stuff :D

Like the title said, just joined though i have been lurking alot.

not sure if this is right spot to ask this, but....I got myself a hana yesterday, no clue if it is legit or clone (hard to tell these days), anyway put a 18650 in it last night, battery needed charging this morning..used the eleaf wall wart and usb cord, and something like 4 or 5 hours later it was still charging....pulled the battery out and out it on the charger and it said it had a 3.8V charge at this point (huh?!)

so i am wondering, should i be charging it with a different wall wart? Should i use the usb of my computer? I read lurking on a different forum that this should be safe seeing as the hana has a built in charger....or are the days of waiting 6+ hours the norm for the hana?

(the eleaf wall war says the following: input: 100/240V~50/60Hz 100mA, output: 5.0V 1000ma ~solid like on top and dotting on the bottom, think this means negative flow? no clue~
~i am piss poor in electronics and math....if it were not for ohms law calculator i would be lost~

Wait a minute , you don't know if it's legit or a clone , you must assume it's a clone because i can't think of anybody not caring if they were spending that kind of dough to buy an authentic .

Anyways good luck with it , i like them.

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
1000mah = 1amp. However, most hana modz/clones only have a 500ma charge board in em. What size is your 18650? It would take about 5 hrs to charge a 2500mah battery

Moto

Member For 4 Years
I have a usb monitor that displays the current passing through usb. My hana clone made by hotcig never takes more than 250 mA. It would virtually live on a charger it takes so long so I generally charge the battery externally..

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I avoid charging most things via computer usb. too many chances to blow the port. Always best to use a wall wart

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I use one of those 4 way usb splitters that have an external power cord.

I got two on eBay and use one on my DJ laptop to connect the 250gb external HD with my music, my numark mixtrack,II and my akai lpd4 pads.

The other one is on my nightstand NOT HOOKED TO A COMPUTER.

It's plugged in with the external power adapter and runs 2 xbox360 controller charging cords and 2 usb to (hana, ipv v2, my cell phone, etc...) jacks.

It works like a charm.

VU Sponsors