Become a Patron!

Just want to show some of my vape projects!

wjohnsonjr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok so I am a bit on the OCD side and wanted my vaping gear to blend in with my home. So here are some of my projects. I am always open to suggestions so please let me know how to make improvements. Thanks!

My nieghbor walk out the door on trash day and was heading to the curb with this little gem. It looked like it had potential so I asked if it would be ok to keep it. One man's trash is another man's treasure. I sanded and painted the piece. Change out the hardware and now I have storage for my gear. I like it and that's is what counts! LOL

IMG_1493.jpg IMG_1493.jpg IMG_1494.jpg

Last edited:

wjohnsonjr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMG_1495.jpg Thrift stores are great for ideas! Everything I look at make me wonder how can I turn that into something useful for my gear. Well I found this cell phone charging station for $2.50. Cleaned it up and after some modifications/customization I now have a perfect storage for attys, Mechs, and miscellaneous stuff. And remember it's a charging station so I can run my cord thru it to charge up my istick.

IMG_1495.jpgIMG_1496.jpgIMG_1497.jpg

Last edited:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

wjohnsonjr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was looking to get a tenderfoot. I was going to purchase some custom ones on Facebook but honestly I think they are to small to work on and they just take up space without offering any other functionality. I found these decorative boxes and the light bulb went off. I just used a drill w/ bit (size will depend on your 510 connector). A 510 connector off an old ego battery. And a Protank decorative battery ring. Now I got a cool looking tenderfoot with storage.

IMG_1498.jpg IMG_1499.jpg IMG_1500.jpg IMG_1501.jpg IMG_1502.jpg

Last edited:

wjohnsonjr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I plan to build some more for friends. I was picking up a six pack on my way home and saw a cool idea. If you have a smoke shop near you that sells cigars or some package stores (place where they sell alcohol) sell cigars as well. Ask if they have any empty cigar boxes. Most of the time they will just give them to you because they just throw them out. You need the same materials as above. And you got yourself a tenderfoot and storage box all in one.

IMG_1505.jpg

You can leave them wrapped or you can remove the paper wrap to find a nice wooden boxes underneath. Some have really nice finished on them. I picked up some assorted sized to see how they work. If you try this yourself post a pick on the thread so I can see how they are coming out. Enjoy and vape it easy!

-Willie

Last edited:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think this is awesome!
Inspired lots of great ideas... Thanks for the share!

McPuff

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok so I am a bit on the OCD side and wanted my vaping gear to blend in with my home. So here are some of my projects. I am always open to suggestions so please let me know how to make improvements. Thanks!

My nieghbor walk out the door on trash day and was heading to the curb with this little gem. It looked like it had potential so I asked if it would be ok to keep it. One man's trash is another man's treasure. I sanded and painted the piece. Change out the hardware and now I have storage for my gear. I like it and that's is what counts! LOL

View attachment 21299 View attachment 21300 View attachment 21301

nice. i need to do someting like this

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those look really good! Thanks for sharing!

ScreamQueen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Excellent work! A cell charging station is a fantastic idea, hope you don't mind if I borrow that :)

View attachment 21307 Thrift stores are great for ideas! Everything I look at make me wonder how can I turn that into something useful for my gear. Well I found this cell phone charging station for $2.50. Cleaned it up and after some modifications/customization I now have a perfect storage for attys, Mechs, and miscellaneous stuff. And remember it's a charging station so I can run my cord thru it to charge up my istick.

View attachment 21307View attachment 21308View attachment 21309
Freakin aaesome bro

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I plan to build some more for friends. I was picking up a six pack on my way home and saw a cool idea. If you have a smoke shop near you that sells cigars or some package stores (place where they sell alcohol) sell cigars as well. Ask if they have any empty cigar boxes. Most of the time they will just give them to you because they just throw them out. You need the same materials as above. And you got yourself a tenderfoot and storage box all in one.

View attachment 21315

You can leave them wrapped or you can remove the paper wrap to find a nice wooden boxes underneath. Some have really nice finished on them. I picked up some assorted sized to see how they work. If you try this yourself post a pick on the thread so I can see how they are coming out. Enjoy and vape it easy!

-Willie
great idea

piney

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Attachments

• kanger-coolfire-1.jpg
    kanger-coolfire-1.jpg
    542.3 KB · Views: 21
  • kanger-coolfire-2.jpg
    kanger-coolfire-2.jpg
    698.4 KB · Views: 21

Absolute-Wood

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude - the book boxes are awesome, you should sell 'em. What a great idea.

Like the cabinet storage setup too - like most I'm sure, we all need to do this from time to time

Rockin' ideas bro

VU Sponsors