Become a Patron!

Kamry K1000 Plus E-pipe Quickly Burnt Coil Question

Hi all,

So, I have a Kamry K1000 Plus E-pipe and recently it's been giving me burnt, hot, acrid smoke quite quickly. I tried a number of different things and today I cleared everything; washed the tank out and let it dry, new E-liquid, brand new coil properly primed, and it was fine for a few minutes, but after turning of the power and coming back a few hours later, burnt smoke again. It's got to be a battery issue, I would think. Anyone had this issue?

What do you think, should I take it to a vape shop or somewhere to have it looked at or should I just chuck it and get a new e-pipe from a different brand? I've heard Kamry's quality control has been a little shoddy lately. I bought the pipe in spring 2019 with a blister pack of extra coils so unless I got three faulty coils in a row, it must be the battery. I'm afraid to use it as I don't want it to take my hand off or start a fire.

Cheers.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you are getting smoke from any kind of vaporizer, there is something wrong at some point. Vaporizers create vapor not smoke. We vapers do not smoke, we vape. That aside I do not think the battery is the problem.

You might try adjusting your air flow on the tank. If a coil isn't getting enough air it may be the juice floods it causing a burnt taste. Or conversely, too much air is causing the issue.

As you point out too, you just may have gotten a bad batch of coils.Crap happens. Sorry it does but that's how it goes. Try buying coils from a different vendor. You might find a better batch.

Sorry, not smoke. My bad.

Okay, update. This afternoon my vape liquid turned brown inside the tank. It was clear when I refilled it yesterday. Could this be relevant? I tried changing the airflow, nothing seemed to change.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Brown liquid usually means you have a burnt wick.
Is there anything else you had in mind?
A different brand?
I don't keep up on epipes so I don't know what's out there.
Have you thought about getting a different style vaping device?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Brown liquid usually means you have a burnt wick.

Only a bit of exception to that, coffee flavors in juice tend to make it go brown. Also after juice has been "around" a while it can go brown from oxidizing. I let some junk juice go like that at times and make "snake oil". :D :) Boy it puts a twitch to ya! ;)

But yes in this case I'd think burnt wick too. Difficult to figure out without looking at it in hand. Quick get the transporter online!

If the airflow isn't helping, would think bad batch of coils maybe. That or the battery for whatever reasoning is not firing the coil to proper watts. It doesn't appear there's adjustment control for that on this pipe

VU Sponsors