Become a Patron!

KanegerTech Dripbox Starter Kit - Sux

Long time vapor here.

Received this Kanger on Thursday.
I cannot tolerate the throat hit at all = Big Coughing. Not even one successful inhale of the minimum vapor.

Amazon Vendor has offered $ back but not received yet.

I need back up for my Eleaf so I tried this one.

Ideas of what I could do to make the Kanger functional/tolerable?

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can you put up po is of the build you have in it? Lost of folks complain about the included rda in that lot so a new atty may be the key. I don't know why the rda would make the throat his intolerable.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Almost every review anywhere says "Dripbox is great first squonker....and the atty sucks".
Find a good bottom-feeder atomizer and try again!
A lot of folks like the Velocity, and it's cheap. Me, I think it's too cheap - I've had wobbly posts and such.
But my Dripbox is used all the time - and I have like 4 other squonkers...

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Long time vapor here.

I cannot tolerate the throat hit at all = Big Coughing. Not even one successful inhale of the minimum vapor.

It's not the squonker, it's the atty....use one which is known for flavor.

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Long time vapor here.

I cannot tolerate the throat hit at all = Big Coughing. Not even one successful inhale of the minimum vapor

The DripBox is set up, out of the box, for cloud chasing IMO. The factory coils are .22 ohm and that was way too hot for me. Try re-coiling to a cooler resistance. I also cut down the atty body to lower the air holes. Or just ditch that atty for one that works without changing everything on it, LOL.

I'm about 3 months into Vaping, and recently picked up a Dripbox due to all the FDA stuff. Figured it's best to move into something I can build on, rather than sticking to my Innokin T22 and not being able to get coils ever again. After 3 weeks with the Dripbox, it seems like you get the best performance out of it by finding the right combination of juice/liquid ratio, nic, and coils.

For myself, the sweet spot seems to be liquid with a 30pg/70vg ratio, and 3mg nic or less on a .7 ohm build. With that formula I'm getting a mild throat hit, and a pleasant, warm vapor. Flavor is still very good as well(Banana Cream Pie FTW.)

I was originally using Kangers prebuilt coil decks, and the .2 ohm builds were just too hot for my liking even with the air flow wide open. I also made the mistake of dripping some 9mg juice early on and thought I was going to choke to death.

The atty design sucks. It spits and sputters at times, especially after squonking to saturate the wick. But a replacement Velocity clone will solve those issues and keep you from getting hot juice in the face.

Experiment a little and find what works. It's a handy little device. Don't give up on it yet!

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't think we won't be able to get coils ever again-
I'm trying to stay positive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PreparationHero

I drink and I know things
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Long time vapor here.

Get a New atty, I got the tsunami 24 and changed to the bottom feeder pin, works like a charm.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Almost every review anywhere says "Dripbox is great first squonker....and the atty sucks".
Find a good bottom-feeder atomizer and try again!
A lot of folks like the Velocity, and it's cheap. Me, I think it's too cheap - I've had wobbly posts and such.
But my Dripbox is used all the time - and I have like 4 other squonkers...

You're talking about the regular Dripbox kit and not the monstrous Dripbox 160? I might consider the one battery version, some time down the road if it is on a sale. Sure ~$25-30 isn't a bad price but a sale might be a better price. :) Sorry to hear you've gotten bad Velocity decks. Only recently, got one of mine back from being shorted. They both seem to be doing alright for now. Wife said the shorted one "just might have needed a rest."

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't think we won't be able to get coils ever again-
I'm trying to stay positive lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey sweetie,

You can get Kanthal cheaply. Then use a coil winding rod. Building coils is fairly straight forward. Lots of videos showing the how to of it exist. Making up simple, single strand coils does not take long to learn. I'm not as concerned over the hardware aspects as I am over juices being taxed, or otherwise led out of existing. There might be a lot more regulation of nicotine.

While I quit smoking, did not intend to quit using nicotine. In my opinion, for what it's worth, nicotine helps me physiologically and psychologically. It lets me find a nice balance along with caffeine. Yes, I might be mildly addicted to both substances. At least they are not some other nasty substance, like well illicit drugs or alcohol.

We're already seeing some on-line vendors switch up how they sell juices. Mt Baker for example now will sell a 300ml bottle for ~$50. I had gotten a ~250ml bottle from them for ~$40. I know that may not seem too outrageous. I then consider that they will not sell certain flavorings, now. I think they have gotten rid of selling some 30ml bottles of juices too, people need to buy the 300ml bottles or do without. There are other changes with other vendors, too.

All in the changes coming on us range from petty inconvenience to damningly being not affordable. Still, I'm not as concerned regarding the hardware. Most of it might get claimed as being used for alternate purposes in order to 'dodge' the 'law', or it has valid other purposes. The hardware will be easy enough to attain. Yes, there's still some what will be expensive. You have that now so I see no real change in that.

Once you have good solid gear that is durable, functions as you desire, you're fairly set with that. You might need spare parts now and again but overall you don't need to scavenge for gear. Juice, the consumable aspect of our "hobby"/"habit" will be what is the hook in our mouths proverbially. If pressed too much I'm sure quite a few will rise up and gain fair DIY skills and attain nicotine, create new juice products. There will be a black market if there is not already. Be careful getting juice, only buy from trusted sources, and that might not be an FDA approved lab.

I think if you hang around here, you'll find good, trustworthy sources for juice/s. If nothing else you'll get some basic DIY instruction, mentoring, help and advice. Many here are folks who seem to follow a basic principle, I learned in food services, "will I serve this to my family?" If you won't give it to family, you damn sure won't let strangers have it. Not that any of us are really strangers, we're all family. Granted some are stranger than others, but hey, what's the point to staying "normal"? ;) :)

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have had a DripBox since the first pre-order; it is still functioning flawlessly. Once we get a good atty on it, what's not to like? :sneaka:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes - the "original" dripbox....
For regulated, I actually got a Wraith. It looks badass, but I'm just more of a mech vaper...
I did (finally) get a Velocity up and running - that one - FOREHEAD SMACK - I didn't realize there was a set-screw blocking the squonk hole at first, and thought I got a defect. LOL

:headbang: :D:D:D:D:D

You're talking about the regular Dripbox kit and not the monstrous Dripbox 160? I might consider the one battery version, some time down the road if it is on a sale. Sure ~$25-30 isn't a bad price but a sale might be a better price. :) Sorry to hear you've gotten bad Velocity decks. Only recently, got one of mine back from being shorted. They both seem to be doing alright for now. Wife said the shorted one "just might have needed a rest."

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes - the "original" dripbox....
For regulated, I actually got a Wraith. It looks badass, but I'm just more of a mech vaper...
I did (finally) get a Velocity up and running - that one - FOREHEAD SMACK - I didn't realize there was a set-screw blocking the squonk hole at first, and thought I got a defect. LOL

:headbang: :D:D:D:D:D

Yes, I recall you & me both had an issue with those darn set screws. LOL I had tried building SS on one of mine. Did so without annealing the wire first. The coil then apparently ground itself on the post and shorted. Took the deck apart, cleaned it up to no avail it remained shorted. Put it up in a box of gear to "fiddle with someday". Well, it come out of the box recently & was functional.

VU Sponsors