Become a Patron!

kanger sub coils & dry hits

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had a few dry hit on me and when I rebuilt them I noticed the cotton is WAY tighter than I have ever wicked.
even after nipping the "ears",it was noticeably harder to remove the cotton on both versions of the occ's (white/red insulators)

Has anyone else noticed this?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't rebuilt any, but I've re wicked quite a few of em. I find I need the cotton to pull really tight thru, or it just spits juice everywhere. Two tricks that have helped me tremendously with dry hits are
1) take something flat and compress the cotton in the juice wells about 1/2 way in
2) take a Needle and poke a small hole in the cotton in the juice wells. Hope this helps

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I find the wicks on the occ coils wicked very tight, causing dry hits. I rewick them and do it a lot looser and it helps a lot with dry hits. I still cant have the watts any higher than 20 though. With my modified mini rba i can vape at 25w with no issues.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I find the wicks on the occ coils wicked very tight, causing dry hits. I rewick them and do it a lot looser and it helps a lot with dry hits. I still cant have the watts any higher than 20 though. With my modified mini rba i can vape at 25w with no issues.
You should really try the pin trick. Changed everything for me. I can vape 90/10 vg on mine all day at 25w with no dry hits

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can vape 30w on mine with a 1 ohm head. Loose cotton, and absolutely no cotton sticking out the holes. Poking a small needle trough the wick helps too.

VU Sponsors