Become a Patron!

Kanger Subtank Unboxing And First Impressions

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just received the Kanger Subtank for review from +KangerMall .

They really outdid themselves this time, and you truly get a lot for your money.

* Subtank

* .5 ohm replacement head

* 1.2 ohm replacement head

* rebuildable deck, with a pre installed dual coil 'shotgun' build

* (2) Spare screws for the rebuildable deck

* (2) additional pre coiled replacement coils for the rebuildable deck (total of (4) including the (2) pre installed coils

* 25mm - 22mm tapered adaptor

* A small package of Ko-gen-do Japanese organic cotton

* Full, and complete instructions, and documentation; including safety warnings, authentication code, etc

* Some of the nicest packaging I've seen in a while

**Expect a full video review on my YouTube channel this coming weekend**

http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWIv3PrQDmo9XdiVfE3yPBg

**Grab yourself a Kanger SUBTANK for a great price at www.kanger-mall.com **

a6b00cecb55bfcbddd17e18f56bb9165.jpg
c5356f761f9eb8b497954c77445649b9.jpg
70376dec3c37d207a4b54b0260210637.jpg
7133ae3c93c171b6447f46eb7ed0b9c3.jpg
507e47daae9e04ef8c6cbb7a8d11355d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I JUST received this less than an hr ago; so far I'm blown away. The quality of the machining, packaging, and what's included at tho price point is mind bending.

After a quick wash; I filled it with one of my favorite liquids, that I've been vaping in my Lemo Drop, and Atlantis all week. All I can say so far is; the flavor slightly edges out the Atlantis, and my Lemo. This is on the included replaceable head. I will update as soon as I try out the rebuildable deck, but so far WOW, just WOW

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
is the mouthpiece(driptip) fit lose , or is it snug and not wobbly...
repacement head availability

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
is the mouthpiece(driptip) fit lose , or is it snug and not wobbly...
repacement head availability
The drip tip is snug as it should be. The overall build quality is absurdly perfect. You'd think it was a $100+ tank. Makes my Atlantis seem cheap in comparison. So far the only downside I've found is the 25mm diameter.

The glass is thick, with flame polished edges, the threads are perfect, everything is 100% stainless, and literally everything about the device is top quality. Even the engraving is 1/2mm deep. It's really mind boggling how good this thing is. I wasn't expecting anything near this level of quality.

That said; again, this was my first night with the device. I WILL report any and all shortcomings, or faults with the tank; be it subjective, q/c, or whatever

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like Kanger stuff.

However, I just got a Billow, and I think I would buy another at this point, rather than buy a Kanger at 50 bucks. Their price point is what made me flip them the bird, and buy a Billow.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like Kanger stuff.

However, I just got a Billow, and I think I would buy another at this point, rather than buy a Kanger at 50 bucks. Their price point is what made me flip them the bird, and buy a Billow.
I hear what you're saying, BUT the quality of this thing is obscenely good for $50. It feels like a $150 tank (as crazy as that sounds) it makes the Atlantis feel like a protank 2 lol

That being said; you should flip Ehpro/Eciggity the bird at that CRAZY $35 price point, and buy the Orchid V6 for $13 on Fastech. Have you seen that thing!? Lol

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I saw the Orchid 6. The airflow isn't as good as the Billow. Big RTA though.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm enjoying mine, It does chuck clouds with lots of flavor, I'm going to use it for a few more days before I form an opinion.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I JUST received this less than an hr ago; so far I'm blown away. The quality of the machining, packaging, and what's included at tho price point is mind bending.

After a quick wash; I filled it with one of my favorite liquids, that I've been vaping in my Lemo Drop, and Atlantis all week. All I can say so far is; the flavor slightly edges out the Atlantis, and my Lemo. This is on the included replaceable head. I will update as soon as I try out the rebuildable deck, but so far WOW, just WOW

The Subtank edges out all of the competition to date. I am so impressed with it that there's little more to be said, the tank is a solid gem and worth a lot more than what it's selling for. You can get it now for only $39 and worth every penny. Kanger can retire and never make another tank again, since they already covered the Mini and Nano. These tanks are all you need, not only for today but well into the future. Engineered to the nines:)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I see maybe a nano in my near future...should i go for the whole sub ohm with more power thing the sub mini should hook me up pretty nice...Always been a kanger fan..they got me off the stinkies...Congrats on the purchase.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
quick question...
will the rebuildable head section of the 22mm mini work in the 25mm's base...
reason im asking is it seems the minis rebuildable is a tad bit better than the one that came with the original 25 mm one (or so "they" say)...
havent tried either one...having too much fun with the prebuilt heads. but it would be awesome to be able to use the mini with the prebuilt heads and use the original 25mm with the rebuildable head from the mini with a second flavor...

as an aside...has anyone rebuilt the prebuilt heads with readyxwick (3mm) yet ?

how about the nickel coils, any experience with those yet ?

inquiring minds want to know...

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My understanding is the the chimney tubes are different sizes. The deck is interchangeable with the mini top cap but you have to switch out the top on the 25mm original. That being said I haven't tried it.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They are not interchangeable and will not fit the base.

From Kangertech

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT for SUBTANK RBA and Mini RBA

The Final version of both RBA and Mini RBA as below:

RBA can fit into standard SUBTANK only, both SUBTANK Mini and Nano cannot use it because of its diameter.
Mini RBA can fit SUBTANK Mini only, but cannot fit to standard SUBTANK or SUBTANK Nano for using,

Mini RBA connection pin is too short for standard SUBTANK air flow control base.

All Japanese OCC heads are suitable for SUBTANK series tank.

Both the mini and standard have a good RBA it's all subjective and workable.

Last edited:

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
gottcha...twas just a thought...thanks for replies...:):)

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad I ordered the Kanger Sub Tank It should be here tomorrow.I think I will order the Mini and the Nano, Its the year of awesome tanks.....

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered the standard size And it's to big the only Mod it looks good on my huge On my big red BAM. It looked horrible on my Provari 3....

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

The Subtank and Kbox mini was my first kit after a 2-3 year hiatus from vaping. It restored my faith! It's small and convenient while providing enough power for the 0.5 ohm coils included at 50W for the Kbox. The flavor is outstanding and I haven't had too much problems with leaking unless I over-prime the coils with ejuice which isn't a big deal. You can get the entire kit it on ecig.com for less than $50 and an additional 5% off if it's your first purchase using the coupon code BOBZVAPE. While I'm still relatively new to vaping, I think it's a high quality product at a great deal especially if your just starting out and need a full setup.

Last edited:

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Use the code "404HAPPENS" and get 10% off, I get nothing for telling you this.

VU Sponsors