Become a Patron!

KangerTech KBox 120/200 TC

11thcup

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seem to have figured out a solution to not reading a new atomizer properly.

Unscrew atomizer.
Fire mod.
Should flash 9.99
Screw atomizer on, once done flashing, fire mod... It will ask if new coil ... Been working every time so far.
Good to hear. Mine should be hitting my PO box tomorrow. Not sure if I'll have time to get batteries charged before work, though.
Fuck I'm getting impatient. But my last mod purchase was a cool fire IV last June, and before that were egos and cigalikes. Now I'm looking forward to building my Sapor with some more power and battery capacity available.
Please don't let it be a dud.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not a dud, besides the resistance reading fault, it's a pretty solid (basic) mod. I got mine about two weeks ago and my other mods (D2 & koopor mini) are collecting dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Realized I haven't weighed in yet...after about 10 days, loving mine for the most part. Battery door has been no issue, and I'm able to get the batteries in and out easily enough by pushing up on the spring-loaded contacts and popping them out.

Size is great, way smaller than my Sigelei 100 (yeah, that's what I'm comparing it to). Buttons are firm, but a bit wonky about pressing them in the right succession to cycle on/off or through the TC modes.

Power mode works great - I tried TC on SS (I'd been waiting for a mod to do this) with the Crown stock 0.25 coils - even at 120 watts and 600 degrees Fahrenheit the vape seems a bit cool. Not sure if this is a SS thing or what, but I'm preferring power mode at 60-75 watts.

Hopefully this is more durable than my iStick 100, I can see it getting quite a workout as my new daily driver.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Seem to have figured out a solution to not reading a new atomizer properly.

Unscrew atomizer.
Fire mod.
Should flash 9.99
Screw atomizer on, once done flashing, fire mod... It will ask if new coil ... Been working every time so far.
Is that not similar to the way the Joyetech eVic-VTC Mini works, as well?

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Never had a vtc mini, but in the SW I didn't have to remove the atomizer for it to sense it ... Was an easier process.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a single coil kinda day
69345e0ee90a005505eec48467908cb7.jpg

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
just put coils on my aromamizer ... 316ss .. 2.5mm .. 10 wrap ... .29ohm .... 450F .... works like a champ .. need to put same juice in these tanks and try them side by side!

ekc3wKV.jpg

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just put coils on my aromamizer ... 316ss .. 2.5mm .. 10 wrap ... .29ohm .... 450F .... works like a champ .. need to put same juice in these tanks and try them side by side!

ekc3wKV.jpg
What tanks? (Other than the aromamizer, that is)

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
H

Hi, quick question... I don't build coils (yet), but saw that the aromamizer had occ coils available. Haven't found any info on how they may perform, but have heard that the tank itself is a flavor beast... in your opinion is it worth taking a shot and ordering the tank with the prebuilts?
http://vapenw.com/aromamizer-rdta-coil-by-steam-crave

I am liking it a lot so far... This will def be one of my daily tanks.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
enough said! I'm gonna roll the dice on the prebuilts... they have the tank itself for $24 so why not... Have a Goliath V2 arriving on monday also...God I love vape mail!

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
enough said! I'm gonna roll the dice on the prebuilts... they have the tank itself for $24 so why not... Have a Goliath V2 arriving on monday also...God I love vape mail!
I'm using it on made coils, not sure on their premade coils. I loved the Goliath v2 myself, only main dislike was when filling the tank. But I have slim tipped droppers now, although I traded the tank. My Zephyrus v2 is sitting there waiting to be tested!

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm using it on made coils, not sure on their premade coils. I loved the Goliath v2 myself, only main dislike was when filling the tank. But I have slim tipped droppers now, although I traded the tank. My Zephyrus v2 is sitting there waiting to be tested!
Right on. I was looking at the Zeph V2 but wasn't sure what the differences were between it and the Goliath?

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pulled the trigger on the Kbox 200w, mainly because of it's size compared to the other 120W+ mods (I hate tall mods (>90mm))...ordered some sony's vtc5 from a reliable vendor to use it with. The rating is 15C for the 2600mah battery, so this would mean at least 30A cont I believe, so they should be safe?

I'm usually a tootle puffer, but with the upcomming legislation I wanted at least one high wattage mod in my collection. (mainly got 40/60W, and one 75w) just in case I would like to mix it up with some sub-ohming/cloud chasing in the future....got me some Indulgence Mutanks as the tank to fit to this mod.

I ordered on Monday, and they where still shipped before chinese new year, so now just hope the post will still work in china during the holidays :)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pulled the trigger on the Kbox 200w, mainly because of it's size compared to the other 120W+ mods (I hate tall mods (>90mm))...ordered some sony's vtc5 from a reliable vendor to use it with. The rating is 15C for the 2600mah battery, so this would mean at least 30A cont I believe, so they should be safe?

I'm usually a tootle puffer, but with the upcomming legislation I wanted at least one high wattage mod in my collection. (mainly got 40/60W, and one 75w) just in case I would like to mix it up with some sub-ohming/cloud chasing in the future....got me some Indulgence Mutanks as the tank to fit to this mod.

I ordered on Monday, and they where still shipped before chinese new year, so now just hope the post will still work in china during the holidays :)
The VTC5 is actually a 20A battery - a bit confusing because the others in the VTC series are 30A, but you should still be fine under 150 watts or so - which is about twice what I'd ever need and well beyond the scope of tootlepuffery.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, I was already thinking: is it really 15C?? I was already doubtfull, thanks for confirming! I usually use samsung 25R, and they are great....hoped these sony's would be a bit better, but apparently not (alas VTC4 was out of stock, like always)...but it is no biggie, as now I can tell them more easily apart from my main stash of samsung batteries, so that maks it easier for the marriage thingee :)

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
got my 200 yesterday, found that the battery door has some up/down play that my 120 doesn't have. No big deal, only if you force it.

Anyone know how to adjust down the watts while in tc mode? It is set at 120 and I am not wild about ramping up that fast. Manual of little help.

Regarding the earlier post on legislation, is there something solid that is going to limit box mods? I have a ton right now, but if that is the upcoming situation I will certainly start ordering more!

drugarth

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
no I don't think the regulations will hit the mods....but it will hit the tanks (at least in EU), so I needed some big cloud tanks for just in case....and they ofcourse needed a decent wattage mod :)

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
got my 200 yesterday, found that the battery door has some up/down play that my 120 doesn't have. No big deal, only if you force it.

Anyone know how to adjust down the watts while in tc mode? It is set at 120 and I am not wild about ramping up that fast. Manual of little help.

Regarding the earlier post on legislation, is there something solid that is going to limit box mods? I have a ton right now, but if that is the upcoming situation I will certainly start ordering more!
You can't adjust the watts in tc mode, just the temp

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i actually like the way it does TC w.o the hassle of playing with the wattage for it ... nice and simple .... fire and vape .....was heating up pretty good for me ...
Screen is the only difference between the 120 and 200???

Vape On

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks Hank, I appreciate the heads up. :)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i actually like the way it does TC w.o the hassle of playing with the wattage for it ... nice and simple .... fire and vape .....was heating up pretty good for me ...
Turns what was a great mod to shit for me - I don't like the choppy pulsing as I'm bouncing off the wattage limit...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I was already thinking: is it really 15C?? I was already doubtfull, thanks for confirming! I usually use samsung 25R, and they are great....hoped these sony's would be a bit better, but apparently not (alas VTC4 was out of stock, like always)...but it is no biggie, as now I can tell them more easily apart from my main stash of samsung batteries, so that maks it easier for the marriage thingee :)
Basically the same specs as a 25r or LG HE2/4 - still a good battery, but not the powerhouse of the VTC3/VTC4 (and even those have been called into question to a degree).

11thcup

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After almost a week, here are my thoughts:

First, the way it reads ohms is annoying. It's as if, even in wattage mode, it "locks in" resistance as if it was in a tc mode. This means that, if you build coils on a rba/rta mounted on it, you will repeatedly have to unscrew, fire, rescrew, fire, confirm new coil, as you pulse and adjust your build. Early on this burned me when there was a slight short when I mounted the first of a pair of coils, and it read .18 ohms. after a lot of adjustment and massaging, it continued to read as such, so I gave up, despite the fact that every calculation I had made on stream engine said it should be higher. (28/24 twisted, 8? Wraps).
I'm used to my cool fire IV, which updated resistance every time you hit the fire button. For this reason, it may become my building base, now that I have the Kanger 120.
Once you have a stable build on it, it's great. I can't comment on is temp control, as I only have kanthal wire, but power mode works just fine.

The paint is already chipping. I'm not gentle to anything I own, but that was fast. Luckily, I don't care, but I know that many do, so it should be mentioned. I'll probably track down a wrap for it, as much as I like the original bright red paint.

Overall, for under $35 from vapenw, I'm happy. It's not without issues, but it does the job of applying voltage to coils admirably, and that's all that really matters. I can try tc later.

EDIT: though I mentioned it previously, note that this review is from upgrading from a cool fire 4, which was my first upgrade from vv egos. I have no experience with other newer tc mods.

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turns what was a great mod to shit for me - I don't like the choppy pulsing as I'm bouncing off the wattage limit...
After @11thcup weighed in with a nice review, I'm realizing I went a bit harsh - this is actually a great power mod, and power mode is what I use most of the time anyway. I'm just bitchy because my Crown has had a Ni200 coil in it for the last week, I don't really like nickel much anyway, and I'm too cheap to toss it before it burns out. Once I go back to SS and Kanthal I'll go back to liking the Kbox just fine.

VU Sponsors