VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I need to buy replacement firing pins for my Kayfun's because I lost a couple of them and I can't seem to find them online anywhere..

Anyone know of a place? I looked at fatdaddyvapes and several other kayfun 'kits' but they dont have the pin (probably because most KF's don't have the adjustable pin)

I got mine from Custom Mod Creations (and long story short, he won't send me any replacements and also won't honor his broken 4nine he sent me, but I'll save that story for another day when I calm down a bit lol)

I will take a pic when I can, but they look like tiny flathead screws - just not sure if I can just goto a hardware store and buy similar ones.. will just a regular tiny screw work as far as conductivity goes? I don't want to short anything or screw up my mods

Guess I just need some guidance.. Thanks as always to anyone who can help!

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I assume you're talking about the Russian 91% style short center pin. I believe it's a M2 cheese head screw. The original was stainless. I myself would avoid the generic zinc plated stuff, brass would work. Fatdaddyvapes does sell the complete Russian adjustable center post for $5.99.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I assume you're talking about the Russian 91% style short center pin. I believe it's a M2 cheese head screw. The original was stainless. I myself would avoid the generic zinc plated stuff, brass would work. Fatdaddyvapes does sell the complete Russian adjustable center post for $5.99.

Thanks Lefty - I'll check it out.. I didn't even think about the Russian components - but good call!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see them on FDV for the Russian - but i just don't know if they will fit correctly on my KF clone.. guess I will have to buy them and find out..

i don't need the whole center post.. just the screw that goes into it

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A lot of the kayfun clones are a kind of mix and match of styles these days. Googling is where I came up with the M2 screw size supposedly 7mm long which is an odd length. Most available are either 6mm or 8mm. Not sure about the pitch but .4 would be likely. If there is a decent hardware store in your area you might find a screw that will work.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do not have time to look but I am almost 99% sure he has one listed that was for russian and kayfun. You could always shoot him a email and ask he is a pretty cool dude.

EDIT: He is on facebook every night after 6pm if you need to reach him.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am thinking a lot of the parts for the Kayfun and the Russian are interchangeable?

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am thinking a lot of the parts for the Kayfun and the Russian are interchangeable?
The trouble is all clones are not 1:1. The center pin FatDaddyVapes sells is made to fit the original Russian and states it will fit the Tobeco Lite Plus but what other types of clones it will fit is a bit of a crap shoot. Machining tolerances and thread pitch may vary. The line between Russian's and the Plus version is blurry at best with one often being called the other.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A lot of the kayfun clones are a kind of mix and match of styles these days. Googling is where I came up with the M2 screw size supposedly 7mm long which is an odd length. Most available are either 6mm or 8mm. Not sure about the pitch but .4 would be likely. If there is a decent hardware store in your area you might find a screw that will work.

Yea that was my plan, but i was concerned about connectivity.. wasn't sure if just a regular screw would work or if it had to be something particular.

thanks for the help everyone. nothing worse than having to switch pins between different KF's whenever I want to use it

VU Sponsors