ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Up, up, and away!"

"Look, up in the sky!"

"Is that a bird?"

"No, it must be a plane!"

"No, it's a man!"

"That's not just any man, ... it's Silly Man!"

Bit of back story. When in boot the one CC we all loved told us to not try being S.E.A,Ls because they were wrong in the head. "They think one man can beat the entire universe like Super Man. Turns out that's the way of a Silly Man. Get on the bus, Gus. Join our team, be part of my Navy. We'll beat infinite universes!"

Of course this is also the same submariner that taught us all to be "$0.58 bolts". He explained that a submarine can be sunk by one $0.29 bolt sheering, being misplaced, otherwise not being where it needs to be. So we had to protect ourselves as well as a mate by doing double duty. He kept bitching at me because I pulled what he called quad duty. "Damn it, son of a marine! Stop this shit of being Silly Man. Get your mates to pull their share."

Reckon like my Pap and uncle "Buddy" I've just never taken to the notion of being a "leader". I rather let people follow out what is natural, let stuff go along as it needs to go. I dislike needing to assert myself. To me it seems to hold the door open for arrogance, and that I am assuredly not.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors