Become a Patron!

Keep a word/ drop a word

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Christmas Gifts
You do know my Xmas gifts would be similar! :D
Yep... Think you would.

Christmas Pudding. (Do you in the states have Christmas Puddings? We have them with money in them, choking hazard alert :giggle: English style. Though that is a dying tradition now here.)
We'd get it served and pick it apart till we saw the silver coin then pour the custard all over it and eat it. Of course after we got the coin out. :D

Christmas Pudding.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Chocolate Pudding

Christmas Pudding is not very popular here in the US- I've never had one, maybe more popular in some parts of the US- but I am in NY and Christmas Pudding has never been a part of our tradition at Christmas.
Haha- yes the best gifts to give are the ones you would give to yourself-

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Chocolate Pudding

Christmas Pudding is not very popular here in the US- I've never had one, maybe more popular in some parts of the US- but I am in NY and Christmas Pudding has never been a part of our tradition at Christmas.
Haha- yes the best gifts to give are the ones you would give to yourself-
Its probably a dying tradition here to be honest. Both my mum and dad were born here as were their parents. But their grandparents were early settlers in the goldrush days. My mother's from the Isle of Wight and came here and set up fruit orchards, apples and pears, my fathers side from Scotland to look for gold and ended up as farm workers. My dad did live with an uncle in the depression who was called Nugget. Obviously he had once found one looking for gold but didnt make him rich as my dad said until he left and went into the Navy at, he lied about his age at 16, they lived in poverty hunting rabbits and living off the land, bush to survive. We never lived in poverty, me my mum and my siblings, but he did pass on that knowledge of being able to do the same in living off the bush. We went camping, fishing, hunting together every chance we could together. Awesome memories.
Dark Chocolate (his greatest weakness, go to fathers day gift every time :) )

Dark Chocolate

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Dark Knight

Thanks for sharing some of your history- glad you have such great memories.
Many traditions are dying out- sad!
Dark Chocolate is my favorite too!

:hug:

VU Sponsors