Become a Patron!

Kylin V2 review/complaint thread

Mrwordsworth

Member For 1 Year
I have the kylin V1 dual coil and it produces the best flavor out of my 3 rta's. I hated it at first because it always leaked. Now that I've learned how to wick it properly, it doesnt leak.

The kylin v2 has bubble glass and a different airflow pattern than the V1. I am very tempted to try it.

-edited title to get more input

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had mine for a couple weeks. First week everything was fine but this week, every time I refill the tank, juice leaks out the bottom of the base. I'm still using it but i have to take the tank off and wipe the juice off the tank and mod.

Mrwordsworth

Member For 1 Year
I've had mine for a couple weeks. First week everything was fine but this week, every time I refill the tank, juice leaks out the bottom of the base. I'm still using it but i have to take the tank off and wipe the juice off the tank and mod.

Yes I had that problem on mine too. After I bought another rta with the same bottom airflow it said in the instructions to shut off juice control and airflow before taking the fill cap off. I did that each time when refilling and it worked like a charm. So when I went back using my old leaky kylin, I used this same method of closing the juice and air ports and I no longer have leak issues.

Try it. Also I like to make sure my cotton isnt flared out underneath near the air vents but that it flows straight into the juice wells. I take my tweezers and just run the underside of the cotton down into the wells to make sure no stray cotton will leak juice into the air vents.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes I had that problem on mine too. After I bought another rta with the same bottom airflow it said in the instructions to shut off juice control and airflow before taking the fill cap off. I did that each time when refilling and it worked like a charm. So when I went back using my old leaky kylin, I used this same method of closing the juice and air ports and I no longer have leak issues.

Try it. Also I like to make sure my cotton isnt flared out underneath near the air vents but that it flows straight into the juice wells. I take my tweezers and just run the underside of the cotton down into the wells to make sure no stray cotton will leak juice into the air vents.
Closing the air flow doesn't work and there's no juice flow control on this one. I'll double check the deck tonight and see if any cotton went astray or any o-rings are damaged.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've had mine about a week.

I'm also experiencing some seep under the tank that periodically wipe off.
I've wicked it a few times and I may have been wicking it too loose since the reviews imply loose is better.
But I was also using wick I hadn't used b4, Cotn Threads, and so far I'm not impressed. Compared to the CBPrime, Cotn is courser.

So I wicked it a while ago with CBPrime and tighter + I didn't dog ear the tails (3id coils).
And after about 10 pulls I have seep under the tank already.
I checked the 510 pin and it was about 1/8 turn loose, I mean, really loose as in no restriction. So it's tight now and Ill know soon if that helped the seep I just had,

I like the awesome flavor and smooth af, and the fill method.
But the slide top on mine is VERY tight, to the point of barely being able to slide it open by hand. I have to be careful and firmly hold the tank while attempting to open, so as not to tweak the 510 on the tank or the connector on the mod > and I may send it back because of it.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Closing the air flow doesn't work and there's no juice flow control on this one. I'll double check the deck tonight and see if any cotton went astray or any o-rings are damaged.
I'd be interested to know if your pin is tight and how your slide fill is working?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had mine about a week.

I'm also experiencing some seep under the tank that periodically wipe off.
I've wicked it a few times and I may have been wicking it too loose since the reviews imply loose is better.
But I was also using wick I hadn't used b4, Cotn Threads, and so far I'm not impressed. Compared to the CBPrime, Cotn is courser.

So I wicked it a while ago with CBPrime and tighter + I didn't dog ear the tails (3id coils).
And after about 10 pulls I have seep under the tank already.
I checked the 510 pin and it was about 1/8 turn loose, I mean, really loose as in no restriction. So it's tight now and Ill know soon if that helped the seep I just had,

I like the awesome flavor and smooth af, and the fill method.
But the slide top on mine is VERY tight, to the point of barely being able to slide it open by hand. I have to be careful and firmly hold the tank while attempting to open, so as not to tweak the 510 on the tank or the connector on the mod > and I may send it back because of it.
You got my hopes up lol. I just checked my 510 and its tight. I can't turn it at all with my fingernail.

I don't think it's my wicking because I don't get any juice out of the airflow. I could be wrong.

I haven't tried to figure it out at all. Just been dealing with it lol. Tonight i'll at least look around. Maybe fill the tank with it off the mod and see if I can tell where the juice is coming from.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the juice is coming out between the base and AF adjuster.

43212f7505dfc277bbd7872a9a347f9b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
My slide fill is working fine but its also always caked with juice. Even if I wipe it off.
I don't get that. My slider was firm but easier when I first got it, Next time its empty I'll see if there's anything between the 2 halves.

I haven't really looked to see where it's coming from. I'll look too. I haven't tried to take the af ring off and I don't think it does, which would make it easier to investigate.

This one's still dry after last wicking, but it's early lol.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't get that. My slider was firm but easier when I first got it, Next time its empty I'll see if there's anything between the 2 halves.

I haven't really looked to see where it's coming from. I'll look too. I haven't tried to take the af ring off and I don't think it does, which would make it easier to investigate.

This one's still dry after last wicking, but it's early lol.
All this is the exact reason I love the juice flow control on the steamcraves. People say JFC isn't needed but it sure makes things better imo.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

Same here. The outside surface of the af ring is dry, but there's a ring of juice on the mod.
I'm going to wick it tighter next time and see what happens.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I took the deck out and there were a couple tiny hairs of cotton on top of the threaded base. I moved them, filled the tank with it off the mod and it didn't leak.

Can't believe a couple tiny hairs would cause that much juice to come out. Time will tell.

Mrwordsworth

Member For 1 Year
So I took the deck out and there were a couple tiny hairs of cotton on top of the threaded base. I moved them, filled the tank with it off the mod and it didn't leak.

Can't believe a couple tiny hairs would cause that much juice to come out. Time will tell.

That's awesome. I've been careful to tuck my cotton away from the vents and haven't had any leaks yet.

If anyone gives up on their kylin, I've got a lightly used geekvape zues and wotofo bravo for trade.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Haha same old shit different day skipping the V2 ...when will they get it right it wont be this version

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haha same old shit different day skipping the V2 ...when will they get it right it wont be this version
It's sad because I love how it vapes. Which is why i'm still using it.

I'll rewick it maybe tonight but i dont see how the wicking would cause it. If it was wicking, it'd come pouring out the air flow.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It's sad because I love how it vapes. Which is why i'm still using it.

I'll rewick it maybe tonight but i dont see how the wicking would cause it. If it was wicking, it'd come pouring out the air flow.

Check the peek insulators mate see if everything is sitting flush

Have they still got that plastic airflow divider inside the base? And the same adjustable 510 pin as the previous outings?

Mrwordsworth

Member For 1 Year
The only other thing I could think of to try is raising your coils up just a hair. If your liquid saturates your coil and cotton and that layer of saturation makes contact with the vent floor, it could eventually make it's way out of the air ports.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Check the peek insulators mate see if everything is sitting flush

Have they still got that plastic airflow divider inside the base? And the same adjustable 510 pin as the previous outings?
That's something that I should do with all new atties. I always clean them first but I don't break them down all the way(as much as possible).
Sometime today I'll do that with this one and give all the parts a good look, + my slide fill might have something stuck under it causing that tightness,,,then I'm going to stuff the hell outa those wicking channels,,,, and If I get dry hits I'll back some out and go at it from that direction.

My impression so far is the reviewers didn't tell us everything.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hard to see but there's the pool

def2e20c16e8cd20c8b8c26d36faafd5.jpg

Yet the top of the plastic looks fine doesn’t it ...almost certainly pooling underneath then

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Try and strip whole thing down mate investigate bit further ...if they are still press fitting the deck in this version then you might not be able to do a lot sadly

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yet the top of the plastic looks fine doesn’t it ...almost certainly pooling underneath then
Been using this build for a week now so things are getting messy lol. Looking at it with a dongle showed how gross it is :giggle:

So tonight, for sure, i'll clean everything and rewick. Not sure how much you can actually take this thing apart.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm at work, so naturally, I'm not working.

There's definitely a lip. Maybe the deck wasn't pressed in all the way?
56409297b7b766cb7466b18eeb1195e2.jpg

dae9d77eaf47b6b1a5e6d03ab14edac9.jpg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
if its pooling in the middle, i should be able to take the 510 out and it be wet. Off to find a screwdriver...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
And the same adjustable 510 pin as the previous outings?
The pin is flat screwdriver. Does that mean its adjustable? Mine was a bit loose and seemed to snug instantly,
like [[if I wanted to adjust it out, it might be a little loose] < this can be confirmed.]]
kv2 pin.png

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The pin is flat screwdriver. Does that mean its adjustable? Mine was a bit loose and seemed to snug instantly,
like [[if I wanted to adjust it out, it might be a little loose] < this can be confirmed.]]
View attachment 126000

adjustable if it’s like the others mate ...the outer smaller one screws in and out of the inner screw

I stress caution over tightening the little one I’ve snapped one before

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
adjustable if it’s like the others mate ...the outer smaller one screws in and out of the inner screw

I stress caution over tightening the little one I’ve snapped one before
Yeah, I'm careful about the peek/overtightening. Not fully understanding what you mean by inner and outer screw.

Since I'm at home I'm going to take it apart soon.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Yeah, I'm careful about the peek/overtightening. Not fully understanding what you mean by inner and outer screw.

Since I'm at home I'm going to take it apart soon.

The screw isn’t one piece in the others it’s breaks into two ...the one with the tiny threads is the adjustable part

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
1 pin out.jpg 2 pins out.jpg peek other side.jpg peek side.jpg

Thats as far as it goes. I didn't try to pry the positive post out and it probably doesn't come out w/out tearing up the insulator.
But it looks cracked to hell already :mad::mad::mad:
cracks.jpg

KoblinV3

Member For 1 Year
I ordered one based on this review by vaping with Vic:

Needless to say I'm pretty excited. Ordered a paranormal 250c just to go with it haha. The gunmetal chopped carbon pearl fish one I'm getting looks SO good.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Nice! Hopefully you don't have any issues like I've had with KV2 so far.

I don't know why they gave it Kylin name, other than marketing. Should have came up with a new name and save the OG, OG V2, V2, etc, etc, etc..
To me, other than knurling, nothing else is similar, really, to the OG or the mini.

Sure is a nice flavorful vape though.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Nice! Hopefully you don't have any issues like I've had with KV2 so far.

I don't know why they gave it Kylin name, other than marketing. Should have came up with a new name and save the OG, OG V2, V2, etc, etc, etc..
To me, other than knurling, nothing else is similar, really, to the OG or the mini.

Sure is a nice flavorful vape though.

If enough users report similar findings we may see a V2.5 like the OG (I’ll pick one up at that point) cause it does look quite the flavour banger

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never got to tear mine apart yesterday. Should be able to in the next couple hours. It's still leaking, even if I leave the AF closed.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine is "cracked" as well. Maybe they're supposed to be in 3 peices? I have no idea.
Gonna rebuild it and see how it goes.

Oh I also put some paper towel up the 510 hole and it came out soaked in juice.

75c9f463ef9322fc01a98c1a0fbfa388.jpg

VU Sponsors