Become a Patron!

last mixing question...I hope ;)

NotNew2VapingNow

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I"ve got some 60 ml bottles of 3mg, 50/50 juice that I'd like to bump up to 6mg...

I found a calculator for increasing nic level of existing juice &*THINK* I've got it figured to th point I can order the raw nic....BUT! I'd like to make sure from those who know as I'd prefer to not kill myself in the event that I figured things wrong...

Vd = ( Vo * ( Sf – So ) ) / ( Sd – Sf )
  • Vo = Volume Original (ml)
  • So = Strength Original (mg/ml)
  • Vd = Volume Delta (how much base you add) (ml)
  • Sd = Strength of Delta (how strong is the base you’re adding) (mg/ml)
  • Sf = Strength Final (mg/ml)
so....in my case;
Vo is 60ML
So is 3mg
Sd is 12mg
SF is 6mg

60 x (6-3)/(12-6)

according to my calculations, 30ml of 12mg (50/50 base, if that makes a difference) added to 60ml of 3mg SHOULD give me my target of 6mg.....correct?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use this calculator....I can't figure out what your talking about in your post. If you order nicotine, it's best to order 100/mg (strength) nicotine, then your not paying for VG and PG, which is cheap as hell. Put your numbers into this calculator, it will tell you how many milliliters or grams of nic to add.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

After you put the numbers in, scroll down to see the results of the equation.

NotNew2VapingNow

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also https://ecigvape.com/e-liquid-calculator-with-pgvg-adjusting -- Another excellent calculator, very flexible but easy to use.

Andria
guess I’m just stupid: all I’ve got is a base of 3mg 50/50 COMMERCIAL JUICE that I’m looking to bump up the mic to 6mg; no other flavor, vodka/water/ppg, or any of the other things in any of the formulas that have been offered.

Juice comes in 60ml bottles

The reason I asked this question is because it involves the items I have, will give me the thing I seek, but without any of the unknowns that I don’t even have

I inquired as to whether or not the formula was correct in what I had/wanted & was safe because it didn’t have entries asked for about stuff I don’t have/ know nothing about (water/vodka/ppg).

Why is it all anyone wants is to throw out some flippin’ Different calculator rather than look at the equation/materials that I initially posted?

Don’t be offended, but is everyone so stuck on particular calculators that they can’t analyze something different & see if it is a feasible option????

Screw it! Guess I’ll just buy the 12mg Nic, add it in a ratio of 1/2 for the commercial juice & hope it is not only safe, but won’t alter the taste of the original too terribly much———keep your fingers crossed

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
guess I’m just stupid: all I’ve got is a base of 3mg 50/50 COMMERCIAL JUICE that I’m looking to bump up the mic to 6mg; no other flavor, vodka/water/ppg, or any of the other things in any of the formulas that have been offered.

The reason I asked this question is because it involves the items I have, will give me the thing I seek, but without any of the unknowns that I don’t even have

I inquired as to whether or not the formula was correct in what I had/wanted & was safe because it didn’t have entries asked for about stuff I don’t have/ know nothing about (water/vodka/ppg).

Why is it all anyone wants is to throw out some flippin’ Different calculator rather than look at the equation/materials that I initially posted?

Don’t be offended, but is everyone so stuck on particular calculators that they can’t analyze something different & see if it is a feasible option????

Screw it! Guess I’ll just buy the 12mg Nic, add it in a ratio of 1/2 for the commercial juice & hope it is not only safe, but won’t alter the taste of the original too terribly much———keep your fingers crossed
I usually vape 6mg. I ordered some 3 mg by mistake.
So I purchased some 12mg of the same flavor and mixed it up.
Works just fine and I didn't have to buy any Nic.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Use one of the calculators here https://ecigvape.com/#top I have seen on another forum where one of the Gurus made a simple mathematical mistake and the person wound up with double the strength they wanted.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I usually vape 6mg. I ordered some 3 mg by mistake.
So I purchased some 12mg of the same flavor and mixed it up.
Works just fine and I didn't have to buy any Nic.

50/50 mix of 3MG and 12 MG is 3+12+15/2=7.5

I ordered Zero my mistake so just added a couple of ML's of 48MG Nicotine base to make it 3MG

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I don't "do" math -- the formula you posted left me cross-eyed. However, you can use the ecigvape calc for what you're describing, because it's just that flexible -- I often did, when I was still buying ejuice, because I wanted to tweak the flavor a bit, or sweeten it, or needed to add WTA but didn't want the nic level or PG/VG to get wonky (I require very high PG, and never could use much nicotine).

Or, you can use a spreadsheet; I did that all the time when I first started, before I discovered the ecigvape calculator -- like so:

spreadesheetcalculating.jpg

The figure at the far left is what you start out with; on the far right, is a formula for averaging; in between, you figure out how much of whatever you need to add, to bring the far right figure to what you want it to be.

If you can do math as sophisticated as what you posted in the first post, I'm not sure why you're asking us; you're clearly a rocket scientist or something. And if you are, then either the calc or the spreadsheet method should be a piece of cake.

Andria

ETA: I just showed the first post to my son, who is GREAT at math, he's studying to be an Electrical Engineer -- and he agrees, he couldn't figure out that formula gobbledegook either.

Last edited:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you purchased the nicotine yet?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
no I haven't: I figured I'd get some 12mg 50/50 & add 30 of that per 60 of the 3mg "factory juice"..might just start with one bottle to make sure the flavor isn't affected too much

Mixing that much Flavorless will dilute the flavor that is why it is better to get some 48MG or so to add only 3MLs or more. Less dilution of flavor.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
while this may be the case with equal amounts of the different nic, the formula I came out with was 60ml of 3mg juice with 30ml of 12mg (50/50 pg/vg) to bring the 3 up to 6....

Well, since you refused to try using the calc I linked to, I thought I'd try it myself, given your last post to TeresaP showing what you were actually trying to accomplish -- no way I could figure it out from the math first post.

ecigvape-example.jpg

So... your figures of wanting to use 30ml of the 12mg, with 60ml of the 3mg, work out pretty well, to end up with 90ml that's roughly 6mg -- disregard the fractional amounts of either the PG/VG or the decimal places to the right of the decimal for the 12mg and the 3mg, and it's very close to the 6mg you're aiming for.

A math genius might be offended by "pretty close", but it's good enough.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Boy some people just post to increase their post counts this is from the link I provided............

bd132185-6b03-4c8a-9809-0801c71d0c44.png

Not just pretty close is actually 6MG

NotNew2VapingNow

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Boy some people just post to increase their post counts this is from the link I provided............

bd132185-6b03-4c8a-9809-0801c71d0c44.png

Not just pretty close is actually 6MG

so...if I were to use 2ml of 100mg/100%vg, placing it in 60ml of 3mg/50-50(pgvg)...I"d still end up with 6mg juice...give or take a couple tenths

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
100mg nicotine goes a lot further and will dilute the flavor much less. By weight, you would need 1.86g (approximately 1.8ml) of 50/50 PG/VG based nicotine per 60ml bottle to bring each up to 6mg.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
so...if I were to use 2ml of 100mg/100%vg, placing it in 60ml of 3mg/50-50(pgvg)...I"d still end up with 6mg juice...give or take a couple tenths

Basically correct, to make a 30ML of 6MG with 100MG requires 1.8ML's. To be really exact you need to adjust final amount to make which would be 61.8MLs and then require 1.908MLs of nicotine. So 2MLs would be pretty darn close. When I get short fills I do not worry about the minor differences.

VU Sponsors