Become a Patron!

Last one to post wins

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch dnoe at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch dnoe at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.
That's just what I was saying before

have a nice day

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes I win thank you

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No you said the pole would get cold. Not cool bro

have a nice day

RenoMama

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It takes more than a pole reference to offend me. All is well.

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's all good I'm not even in first place. Probably never will be

have a nice day

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gotta love those dumb indian phone scammers.

Most of the time, I wont even answer a ringing phone. My opinion is that if you can't be bothered to leave a message, then your not worth talking to, and they never leave messages. But, sometimes I'll answer the phone when I'm bored and 'kinda' play along, but not give them *any* personal info and if they ask questions I'll either lie or just not give specific/direct answers.

I got maybe 5 calls from one yesterday before noon, then I answered the phone to chat with them. he claimed he wanted to 'promote me as a good driver'. I forget the company he claimed to work for. He started talking about safe driving and what he could do to lower our insurance rates. He knew we had Progressive and knew what vehicles we have. I asked him how he knew we didn't have any accidents or DUIs in the past 6 months (which is a lie, had 2 accidents in a semi during the past 4 months, but Progressive doesn't know since it was a different insurance company). Said that since we got Progressive, we agreed to let them give our information to partners. I asked him what he meant by 'promoting us as safe drivers' and gave me a phone number, but I couldn't tell what it was for because I couldn't understand half of what he was saying due to his accent. He asked me to verify the make and model of our SUV and Pickup, which I was fine with.

Then the fun stuff started. Although it was a bit short lived.
"What is your date of birth?" - "You don't need to know it"
"Can I at least get your age?" - " I'm 35"
"Well, what month were you born in?" - "Doesn't matter"
"I need to know your date of birth" - "No you don't"
"Where you born in June?" - "No"
"Where you born in January?" - "No"
"Can you just tell me your date of birth?" - "No"
"Where you born in September?" - "Nope"
"Please tell me your date of birth" - "No"
"I'm going to transfer you to my supervisor" - "ok"
I hung up the phone and he didn't call back until 3 hours later, but hung up when I answered.

If they call back again today I will probably chat with them some more.
Maybe when I get bored I'll tell them my personal rule:
I *never* do business with companies that call me on the phone, unless it's a call I am expecting to get.
Even if I get a call from a company that currently or have done business with (like godaddy or my webhost), I ask them not to call me because I micromanage my own stuff via their website.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I normally keep my landline phone receiver turned low and when I get 1 of these yahoos calling me I ask then to turn up their headset a few times until they ask "Is that better?"
When I hear them say that I turn the receiver all the way up and grab my handy dandy English Bobby's Whistle then I blow it as loud as I can a few times and tell them "Do not ever call here again" then I simply hang up.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The whistle is within legal decibel limits the air-horn might get jail time here.
Yea, that's the main reason i haven't done it yet.
No telling where the person might actually be calling from and it would be easy for them to call the police and/or try suing if they were in the US.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
tumblr_inline_mpd3wc8Lk51qz4rgp.gif

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love those sneaky cat pics ! But I'm sneaking in for one last win for the night. Have a good night everyone !

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Done with today win.

have a nice day

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years