☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got some pictures. I only have limited internet access right now. No picture uploads till the end of camp and I'm back home.
Did you know?
You can not run thru camp
You can only ran thru, because it's past tents.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ran is past-tense, it's only past tense after it has been done.

You wouldn't say:
"I'm going to ran thru camp"
"He will ran thru camp"
"You are not allowed to ran thru camp"
"You can not ran thru camp"

In each of these, "run" would be correct since it describes the action you will do, not the action you have already done :p

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not "past tense"
Past Tents.

blipt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm on vacation an I failed English classes..........WIN

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not "past tense"
Past Tents.

Actually, it is 'past-tense' :p

"The past tense is a grammatical tense whose principal function is to place an action or situation in past time. In languages which have a past tense, it thus provides a grammatical means of indicating that the event being referred to took place in the past. Examples of verbs in the past tense include the English verbs sang, went and was.

In some languages, the grammatical expression of past tense is combined with the expression of other categories such as mood and aspect (see tense–aspect–mood). Thus a language may have several types of past tense form, their use depending on what aspectual or other additional information is to be encoded. French, for example, has a compound past (passé composé) for expressing completed events, an imperfect for expressing events which were ongoing or repeated in the past, as well as several other past forms.

Some languages that grammaticalise for past tense do so by inflecting the verb, while others do so periphrastically using auxiliary verbs, also known as "verbal operators" (and some do both, as in the example of French given above). Not all languages grammaticalise verbs for past tense – Mandarin Chinese, for example, mainly uses lexical means (words like "yesterday" or "last week") to indicate that something took place in the past, although use can also be made of the tense/aspect markers le and guo.

The "past time" to which the past tense refers generally means the past relative to the moment of speaking, although in contexts where relative tense is employed (as in some instances of indirect speech) it may mean the past relative to some other time being under discussion.[1] A language's past tense may also have other uses besides referring to past time; for example, in English and certain other languages, the past tense is sometimes used in referring to hypothetical situations, such as in condition clauses like If you loved me ..., where the past tense loved is used even though there may be no connection with past time.

Some languages grammatically distinguish the recent past from remote past with separate tenses. There may be more than two distinctions."

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Would it help if I told you it was a joke?
Tents: a soft wall/roof shelter that people sleep in while in the woods.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Marcus ! I told you I'd mention you and put you in for a win lol. Hope your having a good time !

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
smileys-camping-068148.gif

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, home from school.
Passed 2 of the tests, failed the last one. As did somebody else in the class

2 of the other guys in class got all 3 tests
2 other guys got 1 and failed 2

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stupid mistake cost me that last test, the road test.

Had to make a right turn out of the parking lot, took it too wide, and my front drivers side tire bumped the curb.
Almost made it, was just a matter of inches too late in starting the turn.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awe that sucks ! You'll get it done I'm sure ! In the meantime I win for now !

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The other 3 that failed the driving portion got farther then me, but made worse mistakes.

One of them stalled the truck at a pretty easy intersection to go through, then missed a gear when trying to shift up through another intersection.
One of the other guys missed a gear when downshifting near the bottom of a downgrade right before a right hand turn at a Y intersection, couldn't get it back into gear and took the turn too fast and in neutral. Should have been at 15mph but took it at 35mph. He also failed the backing up test.
Other guy that failed the backing test got more then halfway through the road test but stalled the truck at a stop light ahead of railroad tracks on the highway.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn ! Those guys shouldn't ever drive lol. The guy going down the hill in Neutrals lucky he didn't roll the truck !

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's a route we often took when practicing.
It's not too steep a hill, maybe half a mile long, 35mph speed limit, 8th gear. At the bottom you need to slow down and downshift to get to 6th gear before making the turn at 15-20mph. He tried to shift into 7th while still going 35, panicked, and couldn't get it back into gear.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I Toiled for almost 16 minutes to make a batch of Brownies. I can rest for 28 minutes. Then wait an Hour or less. Hot Brownies with Ice Cream.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good night ! I'll be in Florida for 3 weeks but I'll be watching ! lol

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I don't think this thread will ever end!

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Z your up early to ! 20 minutes and I have to leave for the airport. See all you guys later.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Waiting in the airport win!
Sent from my I Phone lol

VU Sponsors