Become a Patron!

Leaking SMOK TFV16 LIGHT Tank

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
I had a problem in the past with a SMOK tank when I bought a TFVB and it leaked right out of the box. I made the mistake of purchasing a SMOK tank again and it, actually they as I bought 2 of them, leak a huge amount of juice out of the air holes. I am not talking about a little leak. If the tank is left sitting there all the juice will run out of it. I have everything tight, I replaced the O ring. There has to be a way to make these useable because currently they are not.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
it leaks when it's sitting straight up?

There is an oring on the coil.
if that one is missing bad things can happen.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have BB tanks too. There are only 2 places it could leak. Make sure you back thread it to insure your coils is screwed in snug. The other, which I still screw up, is the chimney to the top of the coil. That sucker always gets me. Back thread it and watch closely when screwing it on and make sure you see NO gap between the chimney and top of the coil. They are really good tanks. It just gets some getting used to when you're first starting out with the tanks. After that it becomes instinct.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a TFV16 Lite but haven't gotten around to using it yet. I think it uses plug and play or pull and plug coils (whatever they're called). I'm not at home so I can't look right now but I'll come back. I haven't had a leaky tank in years including Smok tanks. They can usually be remedied.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok I took a look. Besides the obvious o-rings for the glass there's three more o-rings that are probably crucial. Ones on the coil itself. Then there's two more on the chimney. They're not easy to get at because of the cage like thing in the tank.

To tell you the truth one of mine looks out of place and I haven't even used it yet. You need a sharp tool or even a tooth pick or something to work on them. There should be more in the box or bag of spares. If you do end up changing them, lube them up a bit with some juice before sliding in a new coil.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did you replace the top fill seal as well? I have had several smok tanks leak like a SIV. One of them straight out of the box. In all cases it must the top fill seal. Even though the current one looked as though it was in good shape that turned out to be the problem on all accounts. Now these were not the same as your tanks. They were baby beasts and big baby Beast as well as a prince tank. I hope that turns out to be it. Extremely easy to fix and all of my tanks turned out to be very good. I do however suggest that if it is available you get an RBA deck for that. Hope it all works out. Have a peaceful Labor Day.

LAVapesQC

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
I have only had minor self-imposed problems with the V16's so far. Believe it or not Smok has some excellent advice on their own website for troubleshooting almost anything. And there are some excellent articles out there on tank leakage. I have not found a leaking smok tank that could not be fixed with a little bit of patience and understanding. I also talk to my tanks in a soft soothing voice, giving only positive feedback.

You gotta do whatever works.

VU Sponsors