Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally tried INW Lemon Cake, it is pretty good but it is a potent lemon flavor. I did mix the other recipe with 1/2 Nonna and 1/2 Lemon Cake. I'm going to let that sit for awhile to give Nonna a chance. The Lemon Cake could use some help from a cream, and Nonna needs something. Maybe this is it.
Hi which recipe with both new flavors. nonna an lemon cake. I must of missed. the lemon is strong an didn't like as stand alone.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This was the recipe I used:

Lemon Cheesecake
LA Cheesecake 4%
INW Lemon Cake 2%
LA Cream Cheese Icing 1%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1%
CAP Sweet Cream 1%
TFA Sweetener 1%

Just wanted to follow-up... I gave this another taste today, and still, almost no flavor at all. I think the percentages are just too low, even after 2 wks steeping. I'll probably give up on this one for a while and maybe get back to it later, since lemon really isn't one of my favorites; got a blueberry recipe I wanna try instead of spending anymore time on this right now.

Andria

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also have 3 other mixes with it I've yet to sample. ( with FA Torrone (see post #1), with LA Cream Cheese Icing and with FA Saffron)

I saw on the local TV news the 1000th gunshot victim this year was recorded today in Chicagostan. Just in case i caught a stray, I thought I had better get moving and sample & report on these 2 mixes made last month. :rolleyes:

With my usual base...

3.5% INW Lemon Cake
1% FA Torrone
---
3.5% INW Lemon Cake
1% FA Saffron

While both had good cake flavor in the finish, the middle cake texture notes had significantly decreased. From sampling other INW Lemon cake mixes after they had aged a week, the overall lemon flavor of these two while certainly noticeable, had muted. The lemon high notes with the Saffron mix had more greatly been reduced and replaced with faint floral notes. These were especially more apparent on the exhale. With only faint saffron flavor notes, for me, I think boosting the FA Saffron to 1.5-1.7% may be in order.

With 4 weeks of aging smoothing out both the lemon and overall flavor profile, I am enjoying these more than ever.

Ron
---
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Okay, I just made some.."as is" and Boy was that a Lot of work! :eek:

First I had to find my bottle of pre-made @ 3% INW Lemon Cake. Then I laboriously measured out 5 mls of that into another bottle And popped in the 3 drops of FA Torrone.

Now, after shaking it up, I am taking a well deserved nap. :)

Ron
-----
"Getting up every day and going through this again and again is hard."- Charles Manson
Hi I read you do 3% mix of lemon cake . How do you go about this .. What after you just take what's needed from the diluted lemon cake .. Is it this strong , I've not used as it .. Very interested
Thanks Karen

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi I read you do 3% mix of lemon cake . How do you go about this .. What after you just take what's needed from the diluted lemon cake .. Is it this strong , I've not used as it .. Very interested
Thanks Karen

I use the ejuice me up calculator to make some stand alone and then take some of that stand alone to make various other mixes. (Again using that calculator & some simple math.)

For example, in the case of my changing the stand alone mix from 3 to 3.5% for a 5ml sample I plugged different numbers into the calculator. I changed the volume to 5ml and hit recalculate. That shows me the # of drops contained in 5mls of the mix at 3%. I then wrote done the # of drops of flavor showed. I then changed the flavor % to 3.5% and again hit recalculated. I wrote down the # of drops at that % level, subtracted the # of drops used at the initial 3% level and added the resulting # of drops to the 5ml sample.

INW Lemon Cake @ 3-3.5% to me is pretty much in line strength wise to many other flavors they sell. A bunch depends on individual tastes. Perhaps the best current example would be the fine INW Strawberry Shisha flavor. On a stand alone basis some folks enjoy it at 2-3% and others 8-12+%.

Ron
----
“Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein

VU Sponsors