Become a Patron!

Lemon Meringue Pie

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With so many people sharing LMP recipes lately I thought I'd throw mine out there, too!

1.5% FA Cookie
1% FA Cream Fresh
2% FA Custard
4% FA Lemon Sicily
.75% FA Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed)
1% FA Meringue
2% TFA Pie Crust
3% CAP Vanilla Custard
.75% FA Vienna Cream

Needs a couple of weeks for all that FA Lemon Sicily to fall in line. I've also tried it with only FA Custard & I've tried it with only CAP Vanilla Custard. I seem to like this combination best. Keep in mind, I'm mixing max VG.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Definitely want to try this! Thanks for sharing, I’m just missing the TFA Pie Crust. Any suggestions for subs or you wouldn’t suggest subbing that one?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely want to try this! Thanks for sharing, I’m just missing the TFA Pie Crust. Any suggestions for subs or you wouldn’t suggest subbing that one?

Maybe FA Apple Pie at .5-1%?

From the horse's mouth:
Adding Cookie to replace part of Apple Pie also helps minimize the apple, so you can get a crust flavor that works well with light fruit flavors.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still haven’t gotten the TFA Pie Crust yet, believe it or not I haven’t needed to place an order yet. So instead of waiting I just might try it with the FA Apple Pie as @bobnat as suggested. And put TFA Pie crust on the buy list :D

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got the TFA Pie Crust, mixed up yesterday! So whats a couple of weeks? 2? @Howard Hughes :wave:
When I initially was testing it, it was once a week, which went like this:

S&V- interesting, but not "good"
7 days better, but still too lemony
14 days- very nice, the custard, creams & pie crust are noticeable
21 days & beyond- even better!

I mixed max VG, if it matters to you. Let me know what you think, but not for "a couple" of weeks! :D

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I initially was testing it, it was once a week, which went like this:

S&V- interesting, but not "good"
7 days better, but still too lemony
14 days- very nice, the custard, creams & pie crust are noticeable
21 days & beyond- even better!

I mixed max VG, if it matters to you. Let me know what you think, but not for "a couple" of weeks! :D
Thanks for the steeping notes :) I mixed it at 70vg/30pg. The wait is going to kill me :D I will let you know if it doesn’t kill me first :D (the waiting).

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Was excited as I read the title and then got very disappointed.

A recipe that includes most ingredients I hate... Cookie, Vienna, both custards, fresh cream.
I guess I could sub but it wouldn't be the same. Could try without it but then we're looking at pie crust with lime and lemon lol

I'm glad tho that a lot of people will love it, thanks for sharing even if its not my cup of tea, still appreciated.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Wot kinda weirdo hates Cookie, Vienna, both custards and fresh cream???
That's like 9 of the best flavors on the planet! :gaah:
I wish I could like it, the flavor descriptions sound amazing, sadly there's something in all of them that doesn't agree with my flavor buds lol. Guess I'll be that weirdo around here.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
With so many people sharing LMP recipes lately I thought I'd throw mine out there, too!

1.5% FA Cookie
1% FA Cream Fresh
2% FA Custard
4% FA Lemon Sicily
.75% FA Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed)
1% FA Meringue
2% TFA Pie Crust
3% CAP Vanilla Custard
.75% FA Vienna Cream

Needs a couple of weeks for all that FA Lemon Sicily to fall in line. I've also tried it with only FA Custard & I've tried it with only CAP Vanilla Custard. I seem to like this combination best. Keep in mind, I'm mixing max VG.

I'm guessing you used lime to boost the FA lemon and give it more "body".

VU Sponsors