Become a Patron!

LG HG2 18650 Clearance at Liion Wholesale

DrVapenstein

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
$3.99 ea and it sounds like LG might be cutting off supply of these to keep them from ending up in ecigs. I read some LG press release to that effect. These are the gold standard of 18650 IMO, and they're half price til they're gone. I bought some, it gave me an excuse to order the Molicell 21700s I was looking at :D

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Jon@LiionWholesale
Can we prevail upon you please to tell us what will be the LIION policy going forward in light of what's happening with Samsung, LG and almost certainly the rest of them eventually?

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Sorry, been off the forums recently due to being busy and didn't see your tag :oops:

They're $3.50 now, FYI. Not much stock left, as you can probably imagine they're flying off the shelves. Flying off the pallets anyway...no time to put them on shelves :).

At this time we are discontinuing internet sales of LG batteries on Liion Wholesale. Once they're gone, they're gone. It's remotely possible we'll find a way to offer them again in the future but as of now I'm expecting they will be discontinued forever.

And just a reminder, LG does not sell these as vape batteries so if you vape with them it is at your own risk.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, been off the forums recently due to being busy and didn't see your tag :oops:

They're $3.50 now, FYI. Not much stock left, as you can probably imagine they're flying off the shelves. Flying off the pallets anyway...no time to put them on shelves :).

At this time we are discontinuing internet sales of LG batteries on Liion Wholesale. Once they're gone, they're gone. It's remotely possible we'll find a way to offer them again in the future but as of now I'm expecting they will be discontinued forever.
Thank you @Jon@LiionWholesale .
If I may be so bold as to persist :) Can we plan on this being the eventual policy with Samsung and the other OEMs as well? The long absence of the 20s for instance make it impossible but to wonder. You can give it it to us straight. We can take it. :cool:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is also an issue to those who make power walls, electric bikes and such using single 18650 cells.
Not just an impact on vaping as single 18650 cells disappear from availability.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is also an issue to those who make power walls, electric bikes and such using single 18650 cells.
Not just an impact on vaping as single 18650 cells disappear from availability.
I always thought batteries would be our biggest issue, but I did not see this coming. I thought it would be from the bloodsucking leeches in the halls of power. Not from the manufacturers.

Jon's a good guy. Whatever happens is not his fault. I do hope he can give us some insight from his vantage point. Of course he can only speak for himself and LIION.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you @Jon@LiionWholesale .
If I may be so bold as to persist :) Can we plan on this being the eventual policy with Samsung and the other OEMs as well? The long absence of the 20s for instance make it impossible but to wonder. You can give it it to us straight. We can take it. :cool:

This is a complex situation and we're still just starting to get a handle on exactly what the repercussions will be. At this time there are no plans to change anything with any other OEM. The only thing is that we will warn much more prominently that the OEMs do not endorse vaping and their batteries are not made for it.

Hopefully that provides a little more insight.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh I blame the few idiots that carried bare batteries in their pockets and such for this happening at this time.
See here's the problem. How many hundreds of millions of vapers are out there in the world now? How many actually harmful incidents have there been worldwide related to the use of round cell lithium ion batteries? Even with fully unregulated, unprotected mechanicals. What is that maybe .001 percent?

As is always the case, the reporting on the infinitesimally small number of exceptions will will serve to make the rules for the rest of us.

I don't even blame the OEMs either. What's in it for them? Bad publicity and legal fees even if they win? They do not need our money. They are doing just fine without us. To them we are an unnecessary and increasingly unwise liability.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See here's the problem. How many hundreds of millions of vapers are out there in the world now? How many actually harmful incidents have there been worldwide related to the use of round cell lithium ion batteries? Even with fully unregulated, unprotected mechanicals. What is that maybe .001 percent?

As is always the case, the reporting on the infinitesimally small number of exceptions will will serve to make the rules for the rest of us.

I don't even blame the OEMs either. What's in it for them? Bad publicity and legal fees even if they win? They do not need our money. They are doing just fine without us. To them we are an unnecessary and increasingly unwise liability.
yeah the dancing pants on fire videos are very popular.
Why we can't have anything nice.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
are you saying a P26a is as good/safe in a mech as a 20s ?
In general, yes. It can be quite complicated though as if you're above 25A or so the P26A will heat up a bit quicker so then it depends on how often you're using the mech. If you're below 25A or so then P26A are just better.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
In general, yes. It can be quite complicated though as if you're above 25A or so the P26A will heat up a bit quicker so then it depends on how often you're using the mech. If you're below 25A or so then P26A are just better.

great, thanx. as i only have 2 20s's, but i have 6 26A's, all got from you. i'm not hard on my mech's at all.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the vaping industry will go much more towards using Molicel since their cells are generally the best for it and so far they have allowed us to sell them for vaping purposes.

If Molicel is so "vaper-friendly" then why do they sell their batts in OEM wraps? Why not create more consumer-firendly wraps for the consumer market?

My guess is they are just playing a market but will someday also jump on the bandwagon due to liability reasons. They don't want to wrap their batts for anything other than OEM use. That's not vaper-friendly.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If Molicel is so "vaper-friendly" then why do they sell their batts in OEM wraps? Why not create more consumer-firendly wraps for the consumer market?

My guess is they are just playing a market but will someday also jump on the bandwagon due to liability reasons. They don't want to wrap their batts for anything other than OEM use. That's not vaper-friendly.

Good question. I think most people would disagree though. So far market feedback in the USA is that they would prefer them OEM in OEM wraps and that's the feedback we've given back to them.

Especially since we do sell them not only to vapers, but to many other markets as well.

But even just considering vapers, vapers in the USA seem to have a massive prejudice against "rewraps" and prefer everything to be original wraps.

NPE actually does have a vape specific wrap under the "Klejjs" brand which is sold in some other markets like Japan and Europe. So far it doesn't seem like there is a demand to do the same here, but if I'm wrong I'm absolutely open to input and I can send it back to them.

If you're saying they should have a thicker wrap or something, that is an interesting idea. I'm not sure if it would hurt compatibility with devices though which could be a problem.

Disclaimer: We don't speak for Molicel or NPE but these are my impressions I've gotten from meetings with them.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have never had to rewrap a rewrap batt because the wraps on rewraps are durable. I only buy wraps because I have to rewrap OEMs, never rewraps. Even my wraps are more durable than OEM wraps.

Bling/logos, etc have nothing to do with anything.

i don't have any rewraps, so i didn't know they were tougher. i think the oem wraps are fairly durable. and least compared to the custom wraps, that are fairly thin.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i don't have any rewraps, so i didn't know they were tougher. i think the oem wraps are fairly durable. and least compared to the custom wraps, that are fairly thin.

I don't know what a custom wrap is. Do you mean those wraps with the different designs and stuff on them?

I just buy wraps in different solid colors from FT. They are definitely more durable than OEM wraps without a question (especially Samsung wraps).

When I buy OEM batts, I test them out for a cycle or 2, then I just rewrap them with more durable wraps, which are cheap AF.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know what a custom wrap is. Do you mean those wraps with the different designs and stuff on them?

I just buy wraps in different solid colors from FT. They are definitely more durable than OEM wraps without a question (especially Samsung wraps).

When I buy OEM batts, I test them out for a cycle or 2, then I just rewrap them with more durable wraps, which are cheap AF.

Samsung wraps are pretty sucky. My 30Q's have all puckered up at the top end and I do not abuse my wraps at all. LG wraps are still great.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They don't want to wrap their batts for anything other than OEM use. That's not vaper-friendly.
It may not be vaper-friendly per se, but it's probably smart.

I bet they have sharp legal people telling them that's there's a line between permission and promotion that they don't want to cross for their own forward looking good.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If they wrapped them in some wrapper indicating vape usage they become tobacco products in the USA and subject to the Deeming regulations.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good question. I think most people would disagree though. So far market feedback in the USA is that they would prefer them OEM in OEM wraps and that's the feedback we've given back to them.

Especially since we do sell them not only to vapers, but to many other markets as well.

But even just considering vapers, vapers in the USA seem to have a massive prejudice against "rewraps" and prefer everything to be original wraps.

NPE actually does have a vape specific wrap under the "Klejjs" brand which is sold in some other markets like Japan and Europe. So far it doesn't seem like there is a demand to do the same here, but if I'm wrong I'm absolutely open to input and I can send it back to them.

If you're saying they should have a thicker wrap or something, that is an interesting idea. I'm not sure if it would hurt compatibility with devices though which could be a problem.

Disclaimer: We don't speak for Molicel or NPE but these are my impressions I've gotten from meetings with them.
Just dropped a P26 in the Vamp V2 and it runs much cooler than the VTC5A.
And Jon@LiionWholesale , thanks for the great service....BTW what happened to the P28a?

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If they wrapped them in some wrapper indicating vape usage they become tobacco products in the USA and subject to the Deeming regulations.

Why would the wrap or the brand name need to indicate any specific usage? There's only one rewrap brand that I'm aware of that indicates vape usage and that's just for marketing to a specific niche. But flashlight users use them, too. They're just batteries.

The rest of the rewrap brands are just sold as what they are...batteries. Use them how you wish.

I don't know of any battery brand (alkaline, liion or otherwise) that sells their batteries for a specific usage - they just sell batteries.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just dropped a P26 in the Vamp V2 and it runs much cooler than the VTC5A.
And Jon@LiionWholesale , thanks for the great service....BTW what happened to the P28a?

Awesome! Yeah they're great cells.

The P28A was a special run of a battery in the sample stages. It's currently unavailable and probably won't be available again. The good news though is one reason they're not making it is they're working on a P30A 3000mAh so that will be amazing. Unfortunately probably will be the end of the year before it's available (and even that is just a guess).

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Last night while I was watching a COVID update on CNN (online, live TV), they played an LG commercial about "thermal runaway" related to 18650 batteries.

The caution was for consumers not to handle individual batteries. There was an animation about what happens when a battery (unprotected in a pocket or some such) comes in contact with other metal and goes berserk.

I cannot recall the exact terminology right now, but over and over the narrator of the commercial says something to the effect of "do not handle individual cells."

The commercial is a campaign against the marketing and sales of individual 18650 batteries to vapers and people who use them in flashlights, fans, and whatever else.

Just fyi. More crusading. Just what we need. Be sure you have good batteries.

Don't be surprised if you see this post in another thread. I plan to post it in a couple of places.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last night while I was watching a COVID update on CNN (online, live TV), they played an LG commercial about "thermal runaway" related to 18650 batteries.

The caution was for consumers not to handle individual batteries. There was an animation about what happens when a battery (unprotected in a pocket or some such) comes in contact with other metal and goes berserk.

I cannot recall the exact terminology right now, but over and over the narrator of the commercial says something to the effect of "do not handle individual cells."

The commercial is a campaign against the marketing and sales of individual 18650 batteries to vapers and people who use them in flashlights, fans, and whatever else.

Just fyi. More crusading. Just what we need. Be sure you have good batteries.

Don't be surprised if you see this post in another thread. I plan to post it in a couple of places.

Yep I have seen that commercial several times..
it is truthful but unfortunate for vaping and responsible individual cell users.

Teach you to watch fake news.
Bwahahaha.

Lovemonkey3833

Member For 4 Years
Well this explains why I haven't been able to find any Brown LG HG2 batteries in 2 years or so. And I've been checking alot and signing up for email alerts(which I'm sad to say horrible at checking, and I can't remember shit so I forget to check all the time). But needless to say I've puchased subpar(100% for shure re-wrap batteries that where supposed LG batteries but don't last even half a day vaping at 37.7-58.7 watts)batteries from random spots on the internet(actually they where from Central Vapors, can't believe I remembered that!)and both LG types of batteries didn't last even half of the day. And i bought 4 a piece so 2x different sets for 2 battery mods. Needless to say my original LG HG2 brown batteries I got from IMR Batteries lasted me 2.5 days in my Think Vape Finder 300(which is a crap mod btw, breaks quickly and super easily, so quality is terrible, but it's a DNA 250 so there is that). And now I can't find a battery that will last that long vaping at around 50 watts depending on the tank I use(don't like hot vaping tanks, like cooler tanks with lower wattage's, right now vaping on the Freemax Maxus Pro sub-ohm tank with single coil at 49.3 watts, and my brand new Sony VTC6 batteries last me 22 hours with semi light vaping). Can anyone recommend a replacement battery that will last longer?

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I respect and appreciate all the time and worry people are putting into all this. But other batteries can be used. Other devices can be made. We literally need NOTHING but nicotine. They can ban all batteries if they like. You can make a high-school level hand crank generator for $10. The problem is nicotine. That will be the only attack point of significance.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well this explains why I haven't been able to find any Brown LG HG2 batteries in 2 years or so. And I've been checking alot and signing up for email alerts(which I'm sad to say horrible at checking, and I can't remember shit so I forget to check all the time). But needless to say I've puchased subpar(100% for shure re-wrap batteries that where supposed LG batteries but don't last even half a day vaping at 37.7-58.7 watts)batteries from random spots on the internet(actually they where from Central Vapors, can't believe I remembered that!)and both LG types of batteries didn't last even half of the day. And i bought 4 a piece so 2x different sets for 2 battery mods. Needless to say my original LG HG2 brown batteries I got from IMR Batteries lasted me 2.5 days in my Think Vape Finder 300(which is a crap mod btw, breaks quickly and super easily, so quality is terrible, but it's a DNA 250 so there is that). And now I can't find a battery that will last that long vaping at around 50 watts depending on the tank I use(don't like hot vaping tanks, like cooler tanks with lower wattage's, right now vaping on the Freemax Maxus Pro sub-ohm tank with single coil at 49.3 watts, and my brand new Sony VTC6 batteries last me 22 hours with semi light vaping). Can anyone recommend a replacement battery that will last longer?
For vaping on a triple 18650 battery regulated mod at 37.7-58.7 watts, the ones that last the longest are:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have 14 of them with the QR code that I bought from 18650Battery Store’s bulk site and I can’t even get rid of them since Ebay took all their batteries off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The batteries that I mentioned are recommended also to any low wattage vaper who regularly vapes at ~35 watts or lower and who doesn't mind using a dual 18650 battery regulated mod for that. A lot of those who vape at these kinds of low wattages are happier with a single 18650 battery regulated mod instead, though. That's just because such a mod will often typically be smaller, cheaper, and, they can then put a single Sony/Murata VTC6 or Samsung 30Q in it and still be able to get more than enough vaping time out of it for them to not need to carry a spare battery around with them everywhere either. Dual 18650 battery regulated, below 35 watts, going for the Sanyo NCR18650GA or Molicel M35A gives the benefit of extending the vaping time by up to several days worth, when compared to using a single 18650 battery regulated with the VTC6 or 30Q. Most people will probably never need that much runtime, as they are able to simply recharge at least once per day, such that they only need it to last through the day, never longer than that.

EDIT: Or if they need more vaping time, then they still prefer to use a single 18650 battery mod and carry a spare battery because the mod is smaller so it is more convenient to hold and/or it will fit better inside their pocket because they can always put the spare battery in their other pocket.

Last edited:

Lovemonkey3833

Member For 4 Years
The batteries that I mentioned are recommended also to any low wattage vaper who regularly vapes at ~35 watts or lower and who doesn't mind using a dual 18650 battery regulated mod for that. A lot of those who vape at these kinds of low wattages are happier with a single 18650 battery regulated mod instead, though. That's just because such a mod will often typically be smaller, cheaper, and, they can then put a single Sony/Murata VTC6 or Samsung 30Q in it and still be able to get more than enough vaping time out of it for them to not need to carry a spare battery around with them everywhere either. Dual 18650 battery regulated, below 35 watts, going for the Sanyo NCR18650GA or Molicel M35A gives the benefit of extending the vaping time by up to several days worth, when compared to using a single 18650 battery regulated with the VTC6 or 30Q. Most people will probably never need that much runtime, as they are able to simply recharge at least once per day, such that they only need it to last through the day, never longer than that.

EDIT: Or if they need more vaping time, then they still prefer to use a single 18650 battery mod and carry a spare battery because the mod is smaller so it is more convenient to hold and/or it will fit better inside their pocket because they can always put the spare battery in their other pocket.
Thanks for the reply. Actually it's changed just a bit as I switched to a new tank and new coils, maybe as my older tank I couldn't get to stop leaking even after changing the o-rings(was the Tobecco SuperTank 25), but tbh every tank I've ever used(about 14 different ones over 4yrs or so)has had problems leaking after I change the coil. So it's obviously something I'm doing, but I ain't doing nothing different from what everyone video's and posts about, so can't figure it out and no-one I know vapes as I'm old as balls now, and only kids vape I guess in my neck of the woods. My mod is a Geekvape Aegis Legend 200 watt'er, and I use 2 Green Wrap Sony VT6's I think, and 2 purple Imren Max 40z 3000mah batteries. Went into the vape shop and batteries where running out, and no one had any Samsung or LG batteries, or Sony batteries at the time, and they had Samsung 30Q supposedly. So I said yeah give me those purple 30Q's. And she put them in the bag, I went home and put them in, then the next morning when they ran out in 1/2 a day I took em out to recharge, and they where not Samsungs....They where Imrens. Took em back and she said no returns. I'm like you gave me the wrong funkin batteries, how is this my fault. Sorry no returns. So up shit creek without a paddle on that one. But I digress.
These new Sony Green Batteries I bought from that IMR site or the other one recommended on here, cant remember the name, not the Lion one, the other one... Well they only last 1/2 a day as well, maybe a bit longer than the Imren, IDK, I can't tell tbh! Roughly the same IME so far. Only had them for a month, or 2 not very long. But they don't even last a full day, and that's just no good for me. I need something to get me through the day, which is why I posted in the first place about the LG batteries, as they where my first batteries, and they lasted the longest. I tried the Yellow LG's, and the Blue LG's too and they where a no go. Can't find Samsungs 30Q's, have been on lists since summer but have yet to find them. So I now vape at 70 watts on the Dual Coil's for the Freemax Maxus Pro(or Mesh Pro 2) tank, as they didn't have the single coils in when I needed them(as it's cheaper now to buy at the local vape shop then to buy em online with all the taxes, and fees/BS now).
Most times I'll use the single coils for this tank as it soaks up way less juice(I double my juice usage with the dual coils!, where a 60ml instead of lasting me 1 week, will last me 4 days or so).

So which batteries that are in stock right now, will last me a full day vaping using this system=mod/tank/coils/and wattage's. With the M2 coil at 70watts do you still recommend the Sanyo NCR18650GA, and Molicel M35A?

Thanks for your time and help as it's a pain in the ass to not blow a bunch of money on this stuff trying to figure it out. Hell I've spent over a grand on mods/tanks and accessories over the past few years trying to figure it out!

Oh and what does everyone do with all their old tanks and whatnot? I've got a bunch of tanks I don't use, with coils and all that for them in original wrapping. Wrapping kits to make you own coils, hell I've got 1 tank that has 3 sets of glass so it can go from an RTA to RDA to RDTA and has glass from 3ml to 5ml to 8ml to 10 ml as well. Was 80$ or so and I can't build my own stuff as I suck at that kinda shite! So I've got like IDK, $700 worth of tanks, coils, wraps, re-buildables, decks, and tall that just collecting dust. WTH you do with all that? Is there a place to sell it used? Do people even buy it used?
Thanks.

Mod=GeekVape Aegis Legend
Tank=Freemax Maxus Pro(Mesh Pro 2)
Coils=M2-Dual Coils sometimes(vape at 70watts), but more often i use the M1-Single coils(vape at 40 watts)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Lovemonkey3833

No, for dual 18650 battery regulated mod at 40-70 watts, stick with the Sony/Murata VTC6 or Samsung 30Q, and, if you are concerned about causing extra wear and tear on the batteries each time when you vape on your dual 18650 battery regulated mod at 70 watts, especially if the batteries tend to get fairly warm due to how you vape, either you should try to avoid letting them get warm (i.e., wait longer between puffs to give the batteries enough time to cool back down again some, as they age faster than normal, or what's considered to be normal, if you regularly let them get warmer than 45 degrees Celsius, or 113 degrees Fahrenheit) or you should consider getting the Molicel P26A. That's just because the Molicel P26A heats up significantly slower in comparison, if you vape at 70 watts on a dual 18650 battery regulated mod.

In addition to this, the fact that the Molicel P26A has a lower capacity rating of only 2600mAh (compared to 3000mAh for the Sony/Murata VTC6 or Samsung 30Q) is rendered completely moot somewhere not very far above the 70 watts mark on a dual 18650 battery regulated mod. That's because, at such a higher wattage level, as you go further up in wattage the Molicel P26A wastes so much less energy in comparison, it actually even makes up for that, when it comes to how long it takes before you need to put the batteries back on the charger.

Whereas, if you vape at only 40 watts on a dual 18650 battery regulated mod, then the Sony/Murata VTC6 or Samsung 30Q will heat up so slowly that accelerated aging of the batteries will be a nonissue, when compared to the time it takes before you need to put the batteries back on the charger.

Should you need/want more vaping time still, going for a dual 21700 battery regulated mod will be your best bet. I own an Odin DNA 250C mod, and, I never vape on it because I only use it to dry fire some of my beefiest super low ohm complex coil builds that I occasionally like to experiment with, but it's a really nice mod that should easily get you through the day vaping at 70 watts if using it with a pair of Molicel P42A batteries. In addition, the Molicel P42A heats up even slower than the Molicel P26A does, so it should be able to last for several many years if you don't set the charging rate on your battery charger too high and you also take good care of the batteries.

Finally, I don't know what it is you don't like about RDAs. RDAs with decent handbuilt coils in them are quite literally the only reason why I stopped smoking burning tobacco cigarettes. With an RDA, it's easy to vape the cotton wicks almost dry (but not completely dry) so it never leaks. Also, there's no glass that can break, and, the best RDAs can produce so much better flavor compared to any tank with drop in coils, the difference really is like night and day. Where I live, a good pair of handbuilt 28/36 Ni80 alien coils retails for only 15 Euros right now, albeit I can build them myself with my cordless drill and my swivel tool. When handled correctly, these coils last multiple times longer than any drop in coil.

Granted, there is a bit of a learning curve as for how to mount them in an RDA, how to position them, how to dry fire them, how to wick it up, and how to clean them each time when you rewick. But you don't need to be a rocket scientist to get there. When I picked up vaping in January 2017, I didn't know anything about how to properly use an RDA. There's only one "secret": don't hesitate to ask people for help whenever you need help, but always beware of those who aren't very knowledgeable about the stuff that they try to teach on others, thinking they are smart or possibly faking it. (I could be wrong, but... I suspect that one of the main reasons why you had to spend $1,000 and kept pitfalling was because you fell victim to the classical-old phenomenon known as "internet trolling" on several many occasions that could have been avoided specifically by asking for better/real advice a little bit sooner TBH.)

Lovemonkey3833

Member For 4 Years
@Lovemonkey3833

No, for dual 18650 battery regulated mod at 40-70 watts, stick with the Sony/Murata VTC6 or Samsung 30Q, and, if you are concerned about causing extra wear and tear on the batteries each time when you vape on your dual 18650 battery regulated mod at 70 watts, especially if the batteries tend to get fairly warm due to how you vape, either you should try to avoid letting them get warm (i.e., wait longer between puffs to give the batteries enough time to cool back down again some, as they age faster than normal, or what's considered to be normal, if you regularly let them get warmer than 45 degrees Celsius, or 113 degrees Fahrenheit) or you should consider getting the Molicel P26A. That's just because the Molicel P26A heats up significantly slower in comparison, if you vape at 70 watts on a dual 18650 battery regulated mod.

In addition to this, the fact that the Molicel P26A has a lower capacity rating of only 2600mAh (compared to 3000mAh for the Sony/Murata VTC6 or Samsung 30Q) is rendered completely moot somewhere not very far above the 70 watts mark on a dual 18650 battery regulated mod. That's because, at such a higher wattage level, as you go further up in wattage the Molicel P26A wastes so much less energy in comparison, it actually even makes up for that, when it comes to how long it takes before you need to put the batteries back on the charger.

Whereas, if you vape at only 40 watts on a dual 18650 battery regulated mod, then the Sony/Murata VTC6 or Samsung 30Q will heat up so slowly that accelerated aging of the batteries will be a nonissue, when compared to the time it takes before you need to put the batteries back on the charger.

Should you need/want more vaping time still, going for a dual 21700 battery regulated mod will be your best bet. I own an Odin DNA 250C mod, and, I never vape on it because I only use it to dry fire some of my beefiest super low ohm complex coil builds that I occasionally like to experiment with, but it's a really nice mod that should easily get you through the day vaping at 70 watts if using it with a pair of Molicel P42A batteries. In addition, the Molicel P42A heats up even slower than the Molicel P26A does, so it should be able to last for several many years if you don't set the charging rate on your battery charger too high and you also take good care of the batteries.

Finally, I don't know what it is you don't like about RDAs. RDAs with decent handbuilt coils in them are quite literally the only reason why I stopped smoking burning tobacco cigarettes. With an RDA, it's easy to vape the cotton wicks almost dry (but not completely dry) so it never leaks. Also, there's no glass that can break, and, the best RDAs can produce so much better flavor compared to any tank with drop in coils, the difference really is like night and day. Where I live, a good pair of handbuilt 28/36 Ni80 alien coils retails for only 15 Euros right now, albeit I can build them myself with my cordless drill and my swivel tool. When handled correctly, these coils last multiple times longer than any drop in coil.

Granted, there is a bit of a learning curve as for how to mount them in an RDA, how to position them, how to dry fire them, how to wick it up, and how to clean them each time when you rewick. But you don't need to be a rocket scientist to get there. When I picked up vaping in January 2017, I didn't know anything about how to properly use an RDA. There's only one "secret": don't hesitate to ask people for help whenever you need help, but always beware of those who aren't very knowledgeable about the stuff that they try to teach on others, thinking they are smart or possibly faking it. (I could be wrong, but... I suspect that one of the main reasons why you had to spend $1,000 and kept pitfalling was because you fell victim to the classical-old phenomenon known as "internet trolling" on several many occasions that could have been avoided specifically by asking for better/real advice a little bit sooner TBH.)
Thank you very much for replying to that with so much detail, because I noticed some things I didn't think about mentioning, that now I realize are significant... Like how you vape, and if you don't let the batteries cool. I do not. I puff, and puff, and puff non stop really quickly until I don't want it anymore! So yeah the batteries get hot, the Imren hotter than the Sony's.

About the RDA's and whatnot, I just can't build the stuff myself, as I suck and that type of stuff. No matter what I do they taste burnt to me. The only why I'd be able to learn, is if a master builder where to, everyday, sit down and teach me in person or some shit. I'm super suprised that they don't have clinics at local vape shops on how to build and take care of this stuff. As I've researched it for hours, and hours of watching video's on youtube, but I still can't do it! Maybe your right about the Trolling. IDK. But I do wish there was a spot where you could got, (maybe here?)where you could watch or have in person lessons or some shit, on how to build and whatnot.
One of my personal problems, is that no matter what tank I have it always leaks!
And it's not the RDA's, RTA's, RDTA's(I don't even know the difference, nor care tbh, but just saying) that I've tried and bought and now are just collecting dust.
It's every single tank I've bought from my first tank which was the Tobecco Super Tank, to my current tank the Freemax Maxus Pro(Mesh Pro2).

I've tried replacing the Orings and verything but no matter what every single tank always leaks out of the bottom of it, looks like through the bottom air hole where you can close it or open it.
That was my point. I can never get any tank to not leak! And I do check the coils O-rings to make sure there in the proper spot before putting them in. But that still doesn't work.
So what am I doing wrong here? How do I get it to not leak?
Oh and thanks for all that great insight! I appreciate it very much on the battery info especially!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Lovemonkey3833

All tanks leak if you overfill them or you don't take a few puffs within few moments after you fill them. That's because the layer of air that floats on top of the juice you put inside the tank's reservoir is needed to create underpressure (i.e., air pressure on the inside is lower than on the outside) that holds the juice up, thereby it effectively prevents the chamber and the coil inside the chamber from flooding. Even if it doesn't flood, it's still wet so tiny amounts of juice can still slowly crawl into the air holes and then start to slowly escape from them after a while. But if you lay a tank down horizontally on its side or tilted too far, then typically after some minutes it starts to leak as a result from the pocket of air's underpressure not being able to hold the juice up right, as the magnitude of the difference in pressure between the interior and exterior needs to be practically the same on each juice hole for this. VG is more syrupy than PG, so the VG/PG ratio of the juice also tends to matter to a certain degree, as the higher viscosity of high VG juices can help to impede tiny air bubbles traversing the juice holes. (Tiny bubbles rising up from them are completely necessary, as the part of the juice that comes out of the reservoir when you take another puff needs to be replaced by them, but they need to be sufficiently held back by the wet cotton, to be able to maintain sufficient underpressure.)

With a rebuildable atomizer (RBA) there can be a whole plethora of different reasons why it tastes burned. Asking for and actually getting help is easiest if you can post a few (from all different angles) reasonably detailed pics of the build deck with the coils mounted on it. The camera of a modern smartphone these days will usually let you do this fairly easily, especially if it has a built-in macro feature. Using a separate, reasonably strong light source also can help surprisingly well to eliminate blur, as does supporting the phone with an object and a few pieces of the type of scotch tape that doesn't leave behind any traces of glue after you remove the tape. Next, you should be able to experiment with the distance between the coil build and the camera lens to be able to get the camera to focus. Changing the position of the light source can also help, and, the same also applies to changing the orientation of not just the light source, but of the atomizer's build deck also, as reflections and shadows can have a strong impact on the clarity of the pic. Most cameras now have enough pixels for you to be able to use the rectangle selection tool of your preferred photo editing app or software to crop to this selection and not obtain too low pixel resolution, as long as you kept the distance between the coil build and the camera lens small enough. I like to transfer my pics from my phone to my laptop and edit them on the laptop because the software is more comfortable/convenient to work with.

VU Sponsors