4f76f2196336c0e92ee198caaf9702fb.jpg
just got this from vape tech.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Congrats on getting a V1 version!

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine arrived V2. But to be honest, I don`t really find the drip tip to be much of a problem. It`s indeed quite short, but I have the 510 adapter and it`s ok. Other than that, there aren`t differences, right?

Ben-Rod

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Only other difference is your V2 top cap and AFC ring are threaded together. On the V1 it's a one piece press fit...

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see. I was a bit worried that it might have lesser performance. :D

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How's the flavour? Can you also show me your coils? :D

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You mean the link to purecoils.com? I`m sorry, checked the website but not sure which are yours. :(

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry, I misinterpreted what you meant. I edited the post to show what's "under the hood".

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks! They look awesome. Unfortunately, mine are awful. Pretty new to this building stuff. The flavour is very very limited and I believe it`s because of the coils. (If you want to see them, I made a thread HERE).

Would you recommend something like Kanthal A1 22g with ID 3mm and about 9-10 wraps? I really want to step up my game in this flavor chasing stuff.

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The best thing you can do is learn to make fused Clapton coils. They are the starting point for GREAT flavor coils.

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see, however, this is my 3rd time building so I think I need to take it a bit slower. :D

On the other hand, a friend of mine has a dual build in a Griffin RTA (22mm version) with 6-7 wraps 24g Kanthal and I must say that his flavor is much much better than mine. I can`t even imagine how bad my build is currently :(

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you think you would be comfortable trying a parallel build? Not as good as a fused Clapton, but better than a single coil build.
Also, what do you have on hand for wire?

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I see, however, this is my 3rd time building so I think I need to take it a bit slower. :D

On the other hand, a friend of mine has a dual build in a Griffin RTA (22mm version) with 6-7 wraps 24g Kanthal and I must say that his flavor is much much better than mine. I can`t even imagine how bad my build is currently :(
The limitless plus has way better flavor than the griffin. I love my fused claptons. It's all I use. You don't have to make Clapton wire yourself if your new to building. Advanced vapor supply sells fused Clapton wire by the spool, in 5 inch pieces, and in already coiled coils. Try them out.

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@CrazyChef
I actually want to build a parallel one. For wire I have Kanthal A1 - 22ga from GeekVape.

@Nevweezy
That`s what I was thinking about too. I will look into Clapton with my next build, either self-made or bought. However, right now I really want to change those coils to feel something from this RDTA and don`t really want to wait until I to get to the vape-shop. (you know how that excitement feels like :D)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

First of all the Griffin is 22mm ,the deck is smaller, and the coils are trap inside a chamber,and that produce a wet flavorful VAPE, the LP is a Genny top coil 25 mm no chamber deck,with that being said, you need to maximize the deck to get that flavor, try that kanthal build on the LP I assure you 100% it will suck... Keep practicing and take ur time.
My FC are not perfect yet, but they are better lol...

VAPE ON

CrazyChef

VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@hondaFAN You should familiarize yourself with the Wire Wizard at the Steam Engine website - you can configure just about and wire/coil combination imaginable there.

You're quite limited by the low resistance of the 22 gauge kanthal, at least as far as a parallel build is concerned. On your next wire order, I would suggest 24, 26, 28 gauge in kanthal, and 36 and 38 gauge in either nichrome or kanthal. I use at least 5 times the amount of those gauges compared to any other wire I have (and I have a LOT).

To start with, try a set of 8/9 wrap, 3.0mm inside diameter single 22g wire coils. For a dual coil install, your resistance should be right around 0.25Ω.

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@CrazyChef
Ok, I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion! I used steam-engine.com to simulate the wire, I am familiar with it. Just wanted a suggestion from someone with more experience than me rather than some numbers. (Although I appreciate the information that calculator gives you). :)

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, back with my build. Tried what @CrazyChef suggested and it feels better now. Although there's plenty of room for improvements, it's clearly better than before.

86e46428dee5502840450ea6a74674c4.jpg

0e064e1a5a1c12f1d59fcbe02ecd0010.jpg

Next goal: learn to Clapton :D

H

Harry Nutczak

I like the fused clptons too - they are great for flavor if thats what your into. I diy min now but bought some from the purecoils a while ago. good stuff.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@CrazyChef
Ok, I will try that. Thanks for the suggestion! I used steam-engine.com to simulate the wire, I am familiar with it. Just wanted a suggestion from someone with more experience than me rather than some numbers. (Although I appreciate the information that calculator gives you). :)
Something else to consider is coil positioning. Make sure that your coils are raised so that air is hitting the sides of the coils and not going over the tops of the coil. It's amazing how much different proper positioning of the coils can make.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've been following this thread since it started because I liked the look of this tank and a friend of mine loves hers. I made a trade for one, THEN saw the v2 thread after it shipped, having no idea what I'd find when I got it. I got the v1!! I'm soooo happy!!! I appreciate everyone sharing here and there.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been following this thread since it started because I liked the look of this tank and a friend of mine loves hers. I made a trade for one, THEN saw the v2 thread after it shipped, having no idea what I'd find when I got it. I got the v1!! I'm soooo happy!!! I appreciate everyone sharing here and there.
V1 ur shit

VAPE ON

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's time for you to get a lottery ticket or go to Vegas because luck is with you! :D:giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine from FT is in the neighborhood and will be here tomorrow. I'm more interested in what version that I'm going to receive then actually using it. Sort of sad that it's come down to that. This switcharoo has taken the fun out of it for me.

Cheers,
Steve

hondaFAN

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Wingsfan0310
As a V2 owner, I must tell you that it's an awesome piece and I don't really find necessary all this fuss that has been going on about V1 and V2. After all, congrats and vape on!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Wingsfan0310
As a V2 owner, I must tell you that it's an awesome piece and I don't really find necessary all this fuss that has been going on about V1 and V2. After all, congrats and vape on!

What the fuss is about is they advertised one thing and are sending out another. If you don't mind that, that's your prerogative. I do and I'm entitled to my opinion! Vape On.

Cheers,
Steve

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Wingsfan0310

The problem isn't that the v2 sucks. It's probably a kickass rdta. The problem is they advertised one product. Sent it to reviewers and showed how they fixed the drip tip that everyone complained about with the original. Then up and changed it, stopped including a drip tip and didn't let anyone know. They lied, misinformed, and did the old switcheroo. Now refuse to tell us why they did it and that's just wrong in my book. I'm not the only one who feels this way. Alot of us do....

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BOREAS and supreme are very different from the LP...
Good luck finding that Pokemon

I found that
Spaced SS 24 g 3.0 id and
26 g NICHROME 80 parallel 6wraps 3.0 id
On my LP very satisfying VAPE IMO...

VAPE ON
Thanks much Ed. Don't know what I did but the third times a charm. Used your suggestion spaced 25 g 316L and she is vaping like a charm now. I watched another video and the girl was using less cotton, so I tried that also. I think I used too much cotton in the first builds. I think the Boreas and supreme are more forgiving than the limitless for a new builder like me. Thanks again for your help.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks much Ed. Don't know what I did but the third times a charm. Used your suggestion spaced 25 g 316L and she is vaping like a charm now. I watched another video and the girl was using less cotton, so I tried that also. I think I used too much cotton in the first builds. I think the Boreas and supreme are more forgiving than the limitless for a new builder like me. Thanks again for your help.
Enjoy it...

VAPE ON

VU Sponsors