#8 Samsung 40T 21700 battery
#9 510 & 810 drip tips
This list is not opinion based but fact. Non debatable

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This list is not opinion based but fact. Non debatable

I reckon that's all well and fine. Won't debate it but will say I often go again what is "oh so popular" or "trending". I don't hold to fashion in clothing either, fishing tackle, guns, sports, vehicles, food, whiskey, beer.

I'm just not keen on style except that it's classic, functional. In fact I've only used number 9 off your list. Not had opportunity to try any of the rest, not seen need either. My list below is opinion based, subjective but its also short.

RDA

1. NaRDA (clone or authentic with bf pin)
2. Wasp Nano Mini & Gorge (they tie for me)
3. Dead Rabbit SQ

I like the K.I.S.S principle & find a single coil build RDA does just as well as a dual build, at least imho.

MODS

1. Coppervape single 18650 cell mech mod
2. Reo Grand styled single cell 18650 mech mod
3. Eleaf Pico Squeeze (mosfet semi-mech mod)

Have kind of drifted away from regulated devices. Don't like things turning into useless bricks if some "chip" goes bad internally requiring an electronics degree to fix. Don't have that degree nor patients to learn it, least I'm honest with myself.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I reckon that's all well and fine. Won't debate it but will say I often go again what is "oh so popular" or "trending". I don't hold to fashion in clothing either, fishing tackle, guns, sports, vehicles, food, whiskey, beer.

I'm just not keen on style except that it's classic, functional. In fact I've only used number 9 off your list. Not had opportunity to try any of the rest, not seen need either. My list below is opinion based, subjective but its also short.

RDA

1. NaRDA (clone or authentic with bf pin)
2. Wasp Nano Mini & Gorge (they tie for me)
3. Dead Rabbit SQ

I like the K.I.S.S principle & find a single coil build RDA does just as well as a dual build, at least imho.

MODS

1. Coppervape single 18650 cell mech mod
2. Reo Grand styled single cell 18650 mech mod
3. Eleaf Pico Squeeze (mosfet semi-mech mod)

Have kind of drifted away from regulated devices. Don't like things turning into useless bricks if some "chip" goes bad internally requiring an electronics degree to fix. Don't have that degree nor patients to learn it, least I'm honest with myself.
LOL..true words.....how many atties have people gotten on lists for... paid a boatload of money for...swore it was the best thing since sliced bread....only to see them trying to sell the thing 2 months later...vaping has always been subject to passing fads and mindless consumerisim.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
.how many atties have people gotten on lists for... paid a boatload of money for...swore it was the best thing since sliced bread....only to see them trying to sell the thing 2 months later

I figure that's numbering around countless. Although, I did get some vape mail in today with a "new" RDA. It was priced at under $5 on FT so I figured not out much if disliked. The new RDA though about half looks like a Gorge. It's the U.S. 1 V2 clone. Got it out of curiosity regarding the air flow. So far, I like it just fine. Might even spend $12 at Trinity Glass Hardware & pick up a hybrid glass cap for it. I tried putting the Velocity clone glass bell cap on it & neither one fit, guess I need to buy what fits. I'll give this a week or two before scribbling a review. So far it seems the clone is machined in line with the original, save for the scribed on logos on the deck bottom. Hurt me bad, eh? Instead of a glass hybrid cap FT sends you an Ultem metal hybrid cap.

I put this here for @The Cromwell as he might want to check it out.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
We need more people to contribute to this thread! There could be a lot of very useful info here.

In my opinion, every single facet of vaping is debatable. Every one of us has individuality. But there are some rough-ish sets of criteria by which we can group ourselves by similar preferences relating to air, heat, and flavor.

So my favorite vape is cool-ish and flavorful. Cool-ish requires a little more air, a little less heat, and flavorful requires a little less air and a little more heat. The balance is everything.

Here's what has been best for me:

1. Making my own juice
2. Making my own coils, including learning how to build lower ohm coils that ramp up quickly and aren't overly hot; more specifically, staged heating coils rock!
3. Single-coil RDAs and RTAs with lots of airflow flexibility, including:
all different types of O-atties, the VA Radius clone, the Tigertek Morphe, the Zeus single-coil RTA, the OBS Engine Nano
4. 2x700 batteries
5. Mech squonkers and variable voltage box mods, including:
Wotofo Stentorian Ram squonker, Coppervape single-18650 mech squonker, Wismec Luxotic BF, Wismec Luxotic NC, and potentially the Wismec Noisy Cricket II
6. Lightning Vapes and Geekvape wire
7. Proper coiling tools
8. The Desire Cut regulated squonker
9. Enough drip tips to go through a trial-and-error process with as many atties as possible - there is a best DT for every atty, it seems
10. VAPING UNDERGROUND

Admittedly, the item that should have been first on my list is last. I wouldn't know about any of items 1 through 9 if it hadn't been for item 10. :) Thank you, VU.

Last edited:

tlema1

Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok, 6 months into vaping, I’m a stick mod and sub ohm tank guy. Big fan of Vaporesso products, Uwell tanks and Humble juices, I shop online, using many different sites always looking for a good deal on products in my wishlist. I’m eventually going to get into squonking and RTAs, but I’m good for now. At this minute, I’m hitting on a Aegis mini with some Vapetasia Custard, 3mg, sipping on a Buffalo Trace bourbon

VU Sponsors