Littlefoot RDA By Wake Mod Co.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Anyone had a chance to try it yet? It's been all over Instagram...

EAqfYuq.jpg

olpY73P.jpg

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I honestly think it looks like that's where it excels, photos. I see nothing about it that looks like it will provide good flavor, or anything innovative. It looks like a standard 2 post deck that's been dressed up to look good in photos. I have no desire to try it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yeah, I was thinking it's like James's original RDA design, only slightly different. Better airflow, and controllable. But that's what he's known for - simplicity that just works, and works well.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I dog it!!! The d0tmod 3.0!
I think it looks much nicer than my dotmod... have to add this to the wishlist

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bought one in the EU a couple weeks ago....great atty.....flavor better than the wake rta, which is really good.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Looks like it has better airflow than the Petri V2, even with the cloudcap option. This is similar to what the 24mm Petri V2 was supposed to be (I have a prototype). But they canned the idea for the 24mm dotRDA. Also, and I hate to say it, but the Wake RTA is too restricted for me - even with the AF fully open. :(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like it has better airflow than the Petri V2, even with the cloudcap option. This is similar to what the 24mm Petri V2 was supposed to be (I have a prototype). But they canned the idea for the 24mm dotRDA. Also, and I hate to say it, but the Wake RTA is too restricted for me - even with the AF fully open. :(
I really like the wakes....went from DL to restricted, tastes much better, I don't give a damn about clouds.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Never did get the rta because we have the subohm wake and unfortunately, it’s too restricted for me, so axed on buying the rebuildable. I was expecting something closer to the petri rta.
I still use my 22 dotmod with the 24mm cap.
I like it more than my goons (1 and 2)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Is there somewhere to fasten the post screws @inspects other than by hand?

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Okay, I gotta say it's not bad at all. There was just a hint of a whistle with the airflow wide open BEFORE I put coils in it. With the coils in, the whistle has completely disappeared. The juice well in this thing is about 9 feet deep... Okay, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but seriously - I don't think I've seen an RDA with a well this deep ever. If you want to use it for squonking, then it's virtually impossible to over-juice this RDA. The flavor is definitely on point, but I didn't put a "cloud coil" in there, so I can't really say whether or not it's for the "clouds bro clouds" people. The 510 is definitely long enough for any hybrid mod.

MaSBfHq.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Oops - I guess the above pic is a little misleading - that's a RNV drip tip. Here's a pic with the one that comes with the RDA:

ulARu1r.jpg

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Looks like those post screws would get absolutely mangled after a few builds. No matter how careful you are, there's gonna be some slippage of the pliers while tightening them down, and that nice gold plating will looks pretty crappy with chips and scratches all over it.

I can see how the flavor could be really good though. Those huge posts take up a lot of space, and less open space in the chamber equals more flavor.

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The large posts/small chamber will also make it easier to get good flavor out of a smaller build, making it a good dual coil option for a single battery squonker.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You don't need pliers - just a flathead screwdriver. That's what I used.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Looks like those post screws would get absolutely mangled after a few builds. No matter how careful you are, there's gonna be some slippage of the pliers while tightening them down, and that nice gold plating will looks pretty crappy with chips and scratches all over it.
As big around as those ends are, I would think you could get them tight enough using just your fingers. Pliers would definitely be overkill

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You probably can, but I like to make sure my connections are very secure.

VU Sponsors