Looking for a decent vw mod for a good price

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My wife and I moved from PA to Florida back in April. I'm still looking for a job. So I'm looking for a nice regulated device that my wife can afford to get me for Christmas. Something around $30 would be nice. The only real important detail is that it ships from within the US. This is a must. I simply will not buy a mod that takes 3 weeks to get here from china. The only thing that is really important to me is that it be able to maintain a constant wattage throughout the battery life, and I definitely prefer something with an internal battery. Pass through would be an excellent option to have as well. It would also be nice if the device read ohms. I have found the istick 30w for $29.95 with free domestic shipping from direct vapor, and if I cannot find a better mod for the same price then I will get the istick. But if there is a 50w box or even higher for just a few dollars more, I would consider that as well. It's OK if it has temp control as long as it can maintain a constant wattage, though I don't see myself using the temp control option at all. I just want 30-50w or maybe a little more wouldnt hurt if I feel the need to go a bit higher eventually, but the price is going to be the biggest issue.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
About 10 bucks more cigabuy has us warehouse VTC minis for 40ish.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
READ FULL POST BEFORE REPLYING!!!!

I want my wife to be able to afford a decent regulated mod for me for Christmas. I'm working on finding a job, but currently unemployed. Long story short, moved from PA to Florida back in April and haven't found a job yet. ID expired, working on getting new one before I can find a job, almost there with that. So here are my criteria.

Price point: $20-30, cheaper is better, free or lowest cost shipping
Ships from US. I'm not waiting 3 weeks to get it.
Minimum 30W, max 50W, temp control not necessary
Must come in black or silver, comes with silicone case preferred but not a deal breaker
USB charging/pass through preferred.

If the device you want to recommend is more than $30, has temp control, goes over 50W, is not shipped from the US, please don't waste my time or yours replying to this thread.
I wouldnt set limitations, look for the most features and wattage for the cheapest price point, I would say check out the X-Cube II or Istick 60w Kit, Evic VT Mini Kit, Ijust 2 Kit/Ego 1 Kits. Find one that you both agree on and try it out...Gearbest is having a Sale on the Snow Wolf 200w and the X-cube for $67 and $55 and when you want to try other forms of vaping you will have everything at your fingertips to start with instead of buying something with the options you want later.

http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes-c_11281/?wid=2

Last edited:

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Coolfire IV and the iStick 40w TC are both about $30 and lots of people love them. They both have built in batteries with pass-through. If you already have batteries you can look at the Cooper Mini. It's $32 for 60w with temp control. Those are all quotes from HERE without shipping but you can look elsewhere. Try coupon code turbo or insider for 5% off at ecig. It'll be tough to find anything cheaper that meets your needs.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am no longer interested in a regulated device

Last edited:

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a 1:1 istick 30w clone on eBay for $26.97, free shipping, located in Cali.

I heard some troubling things about the iStick clones. The batteries aren't always safe. Charging them can be risky if you get a faulty one. You should be able to find an authentic iStick 30 for a couple bucks more.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a Cyrus Hercules tc mod 50 watts on fast tech and it has impressed me, granted fast tech takes forever its a solid mod and very form fitting
They are <25 now

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ecig.com (usa) : evic mini new, with "TURBO" coupon = 33.87$
vapordna.com (usa) : Kanger K Box new, with "VC10" coupon = 17.99$

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

VinceV1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can find an IPV mini. No temp control. But I don't find any rebate. It works well.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Plenty of regulated mods around without temp control. Temp control is a useless function to me. I'm not knocking anyone who uses it, but you can fine tune your preferences just as easily with the proper coil and wattage settings. I do not care about any mods that have temp control, period. How difficult could it be to only recommend mods that fit the criteria I have outlined, disregarding price point if necessary?

READ THE ENTIRE POST!

How difficult can it be to Google? It's a forum, you might get some suggestions outside listed criteria "rules". People are just trying to say something you might not have thought of.

If you don't need TC, then don't use it. But you might like it. And a lot of mods come with it for cheap. It isn't like they are twice as much.

Same with power. More tanks are running more power. You don't have to use it, but you can.

iLeaf pretty much has the market cornered in cheap regulated power. The VTC mini can be had for cheap and has plenty to offer. Cloupor mini, and even the IVP D2 mini can be had pretty cheap. No need to go clones. You are looking at $30 for 50w of power.

ecig.com can't be beat these days. Pretty much everything is at cost. Plenty of sales coming. Cyber Monday coming. You just have to keep looking to find the deals. But asking for suggestions, then complaining people are not doing it right... Well, good luck with that.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't even understand half of what you're saying. Have you had your morning coffee yet?

Have you had yours? People replying to your post are just trying to help and like @Powerman posted you may get suggestions a little outside of what you're looking for since having some added features won't hurt even if you never use them. You're coming off as being a little arrogant.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I go for more for less.
Watts and tc are like condoms, horse power and firepower.
Better to have and not use than need and not have.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like OP wants to be told to buy an iStick 30, and doesn't want to consider anything else. If that's the case, go ahead and overpay for outdated tech and enjoy.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Why Is it that the first thing to pop on my head right now is the assholio thread

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SharkVape and the whole thing in general.
I want"X,Y and Z". Suggestions made
then bitching about the suggestion.
I just find it amusing
Hey I found him a few and pointed him the right direction also.

120w tc for 30 bucks with a 400mah internal bat.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey I found him a few and pointed him the right direction also.

120w tc for 30 bucks with a 400mah internal bat.
I saw that, I considered that one just to have it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I find that it sucks

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
You grabbed it?
You see dude, you should have bought that radius.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ffs, why am I getting alerts when I'm not even watching this thread.
If you don't like opinions or suggestions slightly different than your "rules", a forum is not the place for you.

Relax, take a break from anger, it may even help you in your job search if you're anywhere near as angry in person as you are in thread posts.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ffs, why am I getting alerts when I'm not even watching this thread.
You might consider what you have or want to say before getting so involved and then regretting. All your "nevermind' posts are becoming abuse of a privilege here. Seriously, man. Leave your posts up, or consider what you have to say before you go off editing and re-editing all your threads. It's rather childish.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need to get away from forums dude, no matter what you ask or post someone will have an opinion and will express it whether you like it or not.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
. And ask yourself this. If I'm such an asshole, why do people keep wasting their time commenting, knowing I'm not interested in suggestions that don't fit my criteria? . Criticism is used to enforce expectations, and I am not here to meet anyone's expectations nor do I even care what they are.
Maybe because we are all here to try and help each other out. When asked a question, on q public forum, anyone with input that they perceive as possibly being helpful will be given.
-that's kind of the point of a forum.
We are assuming that after being in the vape game before you would have shopped a little bit and were trying to narrow into a particular price point since your deleted 'OP' was price specific.
Additionally lurkers are going to have that same question.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So now you know what people to timid to post or in some cases sign up are thinking?
You should set up a hotline.
1-800-psy-chic

Good luck dude

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited: