Become a Patron!

Looking for a large(ish) MTL tank.

Hi everyone, this is my first post, and I’m looking for help as a persecuted UK Vapor currently in the US!

I have the original Nautilus Tank (I think 5ml) which, after a couple years of undeserved (I LOVE this tank) punishment, the glass shattered when it was dropped for thenumpteenth time. I can buy a replacement glass (with a metal sleeve protector this time) when I’m back in the UK, but I want to take advantage of being in the US and purchase a new (additional) large capacity MTL tank, that, due to European legislation, I can no longer purchase once I’m back in the UK.

The problem I’m having is that of the three stores I have been in, none of the people in those stores even knew what I meant by ‘MTL’ or ‘Mouth to Lung’, and didn’t understand even when I attempted to explain. I have also been reading (rightly or wrongly) that MTL tanks are largely becoming a thing of the past, and can find very little information on modern MTL tanks.

I will say (again) that I absolutely love my Aspire Nautilus tank, the flavour, the complete lack of leaks, the ventilation, and the length of time the coils last. In fact the ONLY thing I don’t like about it is the slightly odd look of it! I only mention it just in case anyone else is looking for a really good MTL tank.

So my eventual question is, can anyone please recommend a good quality fairly large capacity MTL tank I can purchase whilst I am in the US? I don't do self-builds or anything, I just want a good MTL tank that’s easy to use and maintain, that I can buy ready-made coils for. And obviously it would have to be a well known brand of tank that had internationally available coils.

Thank you everyone in anticipation of any kind help anyone can offer.

Darrell.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Have you considered getting another couple of Nautilus?

Might sound kinda lame - but they still hold up compared to newer stuff :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have the Aspire Atlantis V2 and the uWell Rafale which are large capacity tanks. The Nautilus X I believe has a additional size tank to add if you like. In the RDA/RTS/RDTA line I have the Griffin 25 Plus and the Oumier Gragas which have big capacities. Good Luck in your search and Welcome to the VU @DPB

Have you considered getting another couple of Nautilus?

Might sound kinda lame - but they still hold up compared to newer stuff :)

Hi, and thank you for your reply. Yes, I had, but I just worry that because it’s now an older tank, despite still being available, there may be a time when coils are no longer available, and I thought that a modern tank would have some longevity in terms of parts and coils. Incidentally, it seems you could be right about the Nautilus holding up to new stuff, because I also have a tiny Kangertech Nano that someone has kindly loaned to me until I buy my own tank, but I’m filling that up several times a day, and despite it being the latest design, brand new, unused, and generally well-reviewed, it leaks really badly after filling (not overfilling). If I can’t find a decent additional large tank, then purchasing another Nautilus Tank is, I guess, what I will do.

Thank you again for your help.

I have the Aspire Atlantis V2 and the uWell Rafale which are large capacity tanks. The Nautilus X I believe has a additional size tank to add if you like. In the RDA/RTS/RDTA line I have the Griffin 25 Plus and the Oumier Gragas which have big capacities. Good Luck in your search and Welcome to the VU @DPB

Thank you Steve for your reply, for your kind welcome, and for your recommendations. I shall check them out and get to a store to have a look as soon as I can. Without yet having taken a closer look at it, the Nautilus (better the devil I know) ‘X’ does sound like an interesting possibility.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Nautilus 2 tank is out so I figure the coils will be around for a while.

The Nautilus 2 tank is out so I figure the coils will be around for a while.
Oh! So the Nautilus 2 takes the same coils? I do hear only great things about the Nautilus 2, and had it not been for the tiny 2ml size I’m sure I would have ended up buying one.

Thank you.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh! So the Nautilus 2 takes the same coils? I do hear only great things about the Nautilus 2, and had it not been for the tiny 2ml size I’m sure I would have ended up buying one.

Thank you.
I do believe that it takes the same coil.
And has some metal to protect the glass.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A few friends have the Nautilus 2 and are not happy with it contrary to what the reviewers have to say. That is one reason I do not have one but I have 3 Nautilus Minis and a Nautilus X.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I broke my Nautilus mini(dropped it) and am currently using my full(5ml) Nautilus. I prefer the mini so I ordered a new one.

I don't know of anything newish with a large capacity, MTL and factory coils but the Nautilus works well for me so to be honest, I have not looked for a replacement. I just ordered another Nautilus.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I broke my Nautilus mini(dropped it)

I have broken the glass on my Minis so many times I need to stock them! I started using the Mesh tank but the supplier is currently out of stock so forced to use the Phallic Tank at the moment.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have broken the glass on my Minis so many times I need to stock them! I started using the Mesh tank but the supplier is currently out of stock so forced to use the Phallic Tank at the moment.

Mine bent at the chimney. It worked but I broke it trying to get the coil out. Total loss. And the coil never came out with broken glass and tools. LOL.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine bent at the chimney.

I had one that the tank fell off in the street and when I got in my truck I went for a pull and said WTF? Looked outside and a car that went by ran it over but still can't understand how it was unscrewed off the MOD playing with a pooch?? The Mesh and Metal tanks come with a chimney so using them saves the rest of the tank!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love the Nautilus 2. I'm a MTL and always will be. I have been vaping since 2010. The downside is it's only 2mL. The flavor is a touch better than the original nautilus. This is my experience.

VU Sponsors