Become a Patron!

Looking for a long lasting 18650

wheezy -e

Member For 4 Years
I'm not real knowledgeable on tech, looking for a battery that will last me all day. I use an eleaf pico (single 18650) with a serpent mini tank, present coil is .25 ohm and vape at around 20-25 watts. I'd just go for the highest mah [HASH=201]#s[/HASH] but I suspect there's more to it than that so I'm looking for suggestions from those who know more than me.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No in a single battery device highest mah is and a brand name quality battery is about all you can do. Only my opinion as you vape pretty low wattage.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm not real knowledgeable on tech, looking for a battery that will last me all day. I use an eleaf pico (single 18650) with a serpent mini tank, present coil is .25 ohm and vape at around 20-25 watts. I'd just go for the highest mah [HASH=201]#s[/HASH] but I suspect there's more to it than that so I'm looking for suggestions from those who know more than me.

A good brand name high drain 18650 for that wattage would be the brown LG HG2 3000mah
They are a 20amp cell but since you are vaping at lower wattage you don't need 30amps.
What do you have in there now?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Samsung 30Q would be my pic.

But if like me, 1x18650 won't last the day.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is going to be a little winded...

Let’s take the higher wattage you are vaping...

25w

You divide this by the battery count (1)

25w

You then divide by the cut off of most regulated mods being 3.2v

25/3.2=7.81a

You then take the amp draw above and divide that by the typical efficiency 85%

7.81/.85=9.19a

You then take this 9a and for shits and giggles round it up to 10a... why though?

Mooch’s recommended battery list

Now look over his battery list at the watt hours given for 10a and find the one with the highest watt hours

Most should provide 7.6Wh+ (guess) and pick the one that has the highest value.

Win!

His recommended list

And

Complete list you can rummage through

Hi5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Here's the long explanation why it performs a little bit better than either the LG HG2 or the Samsung 30Q.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
But even with just average vaping, none will last all day at .25Ω and 25w in single mode. So in that regard there's really no difference between HG2, 30Q, VTC6 or any other 18650 that claims to have more mah or Wh. If the Pico is the only mod, you might consider a dual battery unless you want to fiddle with carrying extra charged batteries.
10A Samsung 50E2 x2 or even P42A x2 would last more than a day, more like 2 days.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Legit LG batteries are off the market so not much use in recommending them.

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
I'm not having any trouble finding LG cells at all so I'll keep recommending them.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors