Become a Patron!

looking for a mod that fires fast

Hype

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VaporStorm Puma . We ' re talking F1 fast dude !! Not expensive at all , yes I had one , it was stolen with my car .

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaporesso Luxe is known for its instant firing...Mine fires as fast as the dna 75c chip..maybe faster.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Coppervape squonk mods, they fire relatively quick. You push the button to depress the fire arm to touch the battery, you get firing. They run about $20 US Dollars on Fast Tech for the aluminum ones. Trouble i keep having is they're made from soft aluminum, ergo drop them on hard surfaces and they malform. Then, you need to fidget with them a bit to get them firing. I don't have access to a computer aided metal or machining shop, else I'd just reform them back to "shape".

Maybe someone will get smart and make them from heavy duty "aircraft" aluminum like Mag flashlights are made from. Of course, I would then expect the price to at least triple on the "cheap" aluminum ones. So instead of $20 they'd be $60, I'd be hard pressed ... likely debate for weeks over spending that on one, but likely would. I mean shit, they're a good mod, just need to be made more durable.

No, I won't quit being clumsy. I'm a big old grubby country boy, clumsy is part of that nature. Besides, I'm always seeming to be around hard surfaces which deform crappy soft aluminum. Makes more sense to raise the cost and build a better product. I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one what would pay extra for a Coppervape built to tank standards. Design wise they're fine. They just need "tougher" grade aluminum blanks used. "Aircraft" aluminum is pretty tough stuff, go try getting thumped by a Mag flashlight once, see if your skull dents it or it dents your skull.

Oddly enough, the bras version of a Coppervape does not malform when dropped. (Yes, I know famous last words. I'll touch wood thrice.)

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Set Temperature and wattage correctly and any regulated MOD will fire as fast as you want. It isn't the wand it is how you use it.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd say Steve nailed it. All this 'fires fast' stuff is marketing crud unless you find a rare mod that just has a horrible delay or something. First off they don't even tell us what they're measuring. Current from the battery through the chip to the coil? From the input of the chip to the output end of the chip? Vaporesso armour pro .002 seconds, voopoo drag .025 seconds.. whooo.. To give an idea, the human ear can identify a sound that reaches it within 0.05 seconds. So imagine the click of a firing button on a mod. Soon as you depress it and hear that 'instant' click, both of those mods (if we take them at their word) are already firing. What is the end game? To have vapor in our lungs before we even push the button?

Not to poke fun at the question or the quest, pointing out the ridiculousness of these firing speed claims. The speed with which electricity reaches the contacts or posts or coils has squat to do with how long it takes the coil to hit. It's so minute of a difference it has no real world tangible difference. Maybe looks good on paper or a chart in a head to head for bragging rights, but the real world and limitations of the human body's reflexes are the determining factor. What's causing a coil to be slower or faster to heat is 1, the amount of power being pushed to it and 2, the wire mass. Thicker coils heat slower, more wraps heat slower.

Other common reaction times, from the time something changes or occurs to the time the human body registers it and does something because of the change. Visual, .25s, audio, .17s and tactile or touch, ,15s. All slower than any of these 'firing speed' claims. An average blink is a tenth of a second, 0.1s. So when referencing things like hundredths of a second or thousandths of a second (millisecond), it's like trying to count the beats of a hummingbirds wings. If the delay is noticeable enough to be annoying when a coil fires, has squat to do with 'firing speed' and more to do with rampup of the coil.

VU Sponsors