Looking for the BEST mech mod

smoke free vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
The difference between a $10.00 and $200.00 unregulated mod is based on the compositions used in the construction of the mod. Generally copper and stainless steel based constructed mods are the expensive ones.

If you are looking to get an unregulated mod - I suggest you to get Kato mod, which is a full mechanical, small and compact mod that is compatible with RBA tank style atomizers.

kato-mod.jpg

Features:

• Top and bottom frame made from polished stainless 304
  • Brushed aluminum body
  • Copper and brass connectors, pins, and springs
  • Accommodates one 18500 or 18650 series battery
  • Laser engraved and etched serial number and logo
  • Full mechanical mod
  • Brass contacts

I'm really enjoying my Manhattan V2 by Continuous Current. In my personal experience clones have all been bad quality but there are those exceptions out there. If you want a cheap Authentic I started out with a Phantom Mod and a Tugboat V1 Mod. Those are both Hybrids but before you make any decisions make sure to read up on battery safety and make sure your 510 connection pin is protruding from the atty
I'm waiting on my Manhattan v2 as we speak. Very excited. I hear nothing but good things about this mod. I'm not advanced but once I get interested in something it's full throttle. I need a hard hitter and want something that Will not limit me or hold me back from being a future cloudchaser

Maykoll

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm waiting on my Manhattan v2 as we speak. Very excited. I hear nothing but good things about this mod. I'm not advanced but once I get interested in something it's full throttle. I need a hard hitter and want something that Will not limit me or hold me back from being a future cloudchaser
The Manhattan V2 is the most amazing mod I've had! I see absolutely no flaws in it I have a few aluminums and a brass one on the way as we speak.

The Manhattan V2 is the most amazing mod I've had! I see absolutely no flaws in it I have a few aluminums and a brass one on the way as we speak.
Waiting one the copper boy. I'm curious if they had some type of protector sleeves for mods like this . I heard that the copper ones are softer than the brass and aluminum so if you drop it they can scratch and dent easier. I know they need to vent and I'm wondering if a sleeve or some type of protector would prohibit it from venting, or am I wrong do they make some type of sleeve or protector for the Manhattan v2 or for any type of cylindrical mechanical mod

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My favorite is my VCM Black Copper.Super smooth switch and hits hard.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Kinghen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My favorite is my VCM Black Copper.Super smooth switch and hits hard.

That's a pretty looking one

Vape life

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I picked up a REM SMPL today. I wrapped it in carbon fiber black, stuck a suicide bunny sticker on it, topped it off with a black Baal 2 RDA with a .18 dual clapton build. I noticed the button getting a bit hot so I changed oiut the spring for a new SS one I made with a very smooth throw. I can use my pinkie. It does not get hot now.

I am stoked over how hard the SMPL hits with the proper build. I still like my Phillipino mods - don't get me wrong. My Stingray X with the APO is very cool. But the BAAL and SMPL just hit harder - taste is outstanding and the clouds are not over bearing but thick enough to chase a bit and blow rings. More and more I'm falling back on my mechs.

The VCM is decent indeed. I had looked at getting one but my buddies will be going to the Phillipines again in July and I know they will bring me back some authentic gear from MCV so I don't want to keep buying too much. And I really try to buy authentic too. Does not have to be super expensive. I'm looking at the Wotofo Phantom. A guy at the B+M has one and I like the cut of its jib. I might pick one up to bide me over ( yes, I'm addicted to new gear).

As for the Manhatten - well an authentic Manhatten does not stack up for me price wise if I can get a tube made in the Phillipines instead for less. I guess I'm a little bit of an elitist. I admit it. I would buy a limitless and customize like crazy first. Bottom line is that there are so many good mech mods out there. There are also a slew of good atties - I have six I use now - traded some away and am always switching out.

So get what tickles your fancy in a mechanical. Just know the rules. Understand how a hybrid differs from a 510 ( I learnt the hard way), understand battery safety, understand how to build your atty. This is more important then which mod you decide on.

Stay clam, vape on be aware.

Last edited:

Kinghen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The rem smpl looks sick!!!!

Vape life

Fb703

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would recomend a unregulated boxmod, like the tuglyfe for sure. Make sure it has mosfets.
I've been looking into the tuglyfe unregulated but I haven't heard anything good about them.. Also I don't like how you can't go below .15 do you own one and what are your thoughts on it? On unregulated boxes I like to build .9 and below

Kinghen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444452024.336602.jpg

My first mech mod, oh boy what do you guys think

Vape life

Kinghen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a hard hittin mech I'm loving it so far

Vape life

Kinghen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And the RH is def going to be my next purchase that rda is sickkkkk

Vape life

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's a hard hittin mech I'm loving it so far

Vape life
That's awesome! :) All these regulated devices are nice but mechs just look and feel so much better IMO and so simple to fix should something not work vs the gamble on China chips lol

Kinghen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Quick question , what voltage should I put a mech mods battery back on charge ?

Vape life

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Quick question , what voltage should I put a mech mods battery back on charge ?

Vape life
I usually just swap batteries when vape isn't as strong as I like but mine never go lower than around 3.4-3.7 .

Normally though I don't even get that low as I always toss in new battery in morning and swap mid day and then swap again when I get home and again once I relax for evening .

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I still vape crazy high nic level though lol
12mg most days around .2 ohms so few hits and I'm good

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Once I get my newest mech/rda combo next week I'll post pic of my stuff for you :)

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
All authentic other than clone box

Stepinrazor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Limitless mods have a hybrid top cap, are fully customisable, fit in your hand well and hit hard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 18

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Picked up a Colonial mod yesterday. It is a bit finicky to fit the RDA - I'm using a Twisted Messes. It has a slight gap. I could file the pin down a bit but meh. Looks fine enough. For the price - for an authentic - it is very nice so far (well just one day of vaping). I ,love the smooth concave button. It isd also by far the lightest mod I've evr used. Even lighter than my SMPL. I could def learn to love this mod.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With the fast ramp up time of higher powered regulated mods that are available now, I don't bother with my mech mod any longer.

But after owning many, I gave away all and settled on the BCV surfrider stainless. Hate hate hate lock rings, so does BCV.
Copper vs stainless surfrider has just about zero difference in voltage drop and all BCV's are about the lowest available. Stainless is soooo much less maintenance and I'm not into patina and less into constant cleaning to avoid patina.

downloadfile.jpeg proxy-2.jpeg proxy.jpeg

Of course with a hybrid connection, be very sure the positive 510 pin in your atty extends past the negative or you will short.

Last edited:

kstat83

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As you vape on the mech, you will notice when the battery starts to get weak. I notice a diminished vape at around 3.5 to 3.6 volts running .15ohm coils. If you're going to get serious with mechs, I would advise getting a better battery charger with readout. I use two nitecore D2 chargers, and everyone says the Xtar's are great too.

It's a lot easier to see battery health on a charger then screwing around with a voltmeter of any kind, unless you have a box mod like this

View attachment 29992

I know I'm late to the party. But is that a project box or something I can grab somewhere. I like it, and it's tough (for me anyway) to find a parallel box that's not massive in the first place, and that has the meter built in. Me likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know I'm late to the party. But is that a project box or something I can grab somewhere. I like it, and it's tough (for me anyway) to find a parallel box that's not massive in the first place, and that has the meter built in. Me likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know who's it is. I just found the pict on google to use as an example. I think there are plenty of modders that use a voltmeter though

A. Nuss Braun

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I daily a S-S Tantra mod, with a Goliath tank parked onnit. Decent vaping, coil and wick it properly, keep the switch contacts burnished. I have a Mini-Stick, fer outright ruggedness, runs a little cooler, with the same coiling, same tank.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered a praxis clone. It got a good review. Hope I like it. Seems straight forward.

VU Sponsors