Become a Patron!

Looking for the best Sub Tanks and RDA

ZFRESH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just recently got the segelei 150w, what are the best sub tanks out there? also am looking for RDA as well, ive heard of (competition rda) what do they mean? and which one is the best?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Different strokes for different folks...this is a question destined to get dozens of answers, none the same.

Are you looking for flavor? Sick clouds, brah? Some happy medium?

I've only used the Kanger Subtank Mini so far, have an Arctic on order...the Subtank is okay, but not quite a dripper replacement for me - requires some modification of the stock coils to get an even moderately acceptable vape, and the juice channels on the RDA have to be filed on the top cap to get decent flow.

For RDAs, lots of people like the Magma for flavor, though I'm a fan of the Mutation X series for a flavor/cloud mix...I've also had good experiences with the Igo-M and more-popular Plume Veils.

Know what you're looking for? Give us some more specifics and you're more likely to get a good answer. Don't know? That's fine, just tell us and someone will point you toward some forums/threads to do a little research until you figure it out...good luck, and welcome!

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the plume veil and zenith rda for flavour and my little boy to chuck a cloud now and then.

ZFRESH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like having sick FAT clouds to show off and also i want to enjoy a nice taste of flavor with a nice throat hit like a cigarette.
I am getting both tank and RDA

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like having sick FAT clouds to show off and also i want to enjoy a nice taste of flavor with a nice throat hit like a cigarette.
I am getting both tank and RDA
For cloud you want a rda with a wide bore drip tip but its also about the coil you build.

ZFRESH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For cloud you want a rda with a wide bore drip tip but its also about the coil you build.
Can you please explain further i have no idea what those mean, im new to vaping? or link me some shops?

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have a ohm reader and knowledge of ohms law.? I use a mech mod so I use o.3 ohm coil 5 wraps 2 mm screw driver dual 26 guage Kanthal. great cloud and on my zenith great flavour too. It will take a while to find what works best for you iv been dripping for ages now and I'm still learning. Remember walk before you can run.

ZFRESH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have no idea what those are lol

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Before you start makin some bad ass clouds do a bit of homework look on youtube riptrippers us ok and download steam engine app to help you with your ohms law if you were to just rap some Kanthal round a screw driver and put it in your atti without checking the ohms could be very bad for you well if you like the way you look now anyway. What are you vaping with now.

ZFRESH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right now i have a mod with 18560 batttery, a mechanical mod, and a patriot rda

ZFRESH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh ok what make batteries do you use and do you know what ohms your at now with the build they have done for you.
i have the yellow nxjo 18650 battery, on the ohms i have no idea what it is, i have been trying to research it for about an hour now and it still doesn't make sense to me. as for build i believe its a dual coil

ZFRESH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i stoped smoking cigarettes not to long ago, since my friend gave me a vape i haven't smoked a cig since then, im very new at this and im still learning

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have the yellow nxjo 18650 battery, on the ohms i have no idea what it is, i have been trying to research it for about an hour now and it still doesn't make sense to me. as for build i believe its a dual coil
Never heard of those batteries I use Sony vtc4 and LG batteries. Look on YouTube on coil builds to give yourself some idea and also look up ohms law and invest in a ohm reader so once you have built a coil you can put your atti in it and see what ohms your running at I'm sure the sigeli can check the ohms some how.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i stoped smoking cigarettes not to long ago, since my friend gave me a vape i haven't smoked a cig since then, im very new at this and im still learning
Fair play for giving up the cigs and if done safe vaping can be loads of fun and really tasty I make my own juice now which saves a ton of money and gives me something else to do.

ZFRESH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never heard of those batteries I use Sony vtc4 and LG batteries. Look on YouTube on coil builds to give yourself some idea and also look up ohms law and invest in a ohm reader so once you have built a coil you can put your atti in it and see what ohms your running at I'm sure the sigeli can check the ohms some how.
yeah i bought a herakles sub tank and the sigelei 150w, should be coming in tomorrow. im just interested in the RDA since they produce monster clouds

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, before you start asking what to buy you really need to understand what you're buying. A great place to start is post #5 from @madmonkey on this thread right here:

http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...aping-and-want-huge-clouds.57203/#post-342212

Then check out the new builders subforum on the site here - lots of important stuff to know, the most important being that if you're using a mechanical mod and don't know what you're doing, in essence you're just holding a pipe bomb to your face and playing Russian roulette ...

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Ok bud...these are the smartest things I read so far...props for admitting you're new and need help....we've all been there and are here to help...but the "walk before crawl" statement above is advice well worth heeding. So is the thread linked in @OBDave 's post. I assume you mean you have a yellow MXJO battery and not a NXJO as you said....and also, the patriot is a good starter atty to learn to build on but if it's got stock airflow holes on it then it won't blow the "waaayyy siiicckk cloouudsss Brah" that you're looking for. But it is a good atty to learn to build on and you can dual coil with down to about 26 gauge wire without problems.

First things first....learn ohm's law and buy an ohm's reader before you even think about wrapping a coil. It's fantastic that you're starting out with a regulated box mod like the Segeli because of all it's built in features and safeties but the ohm's meter on it won't read the same as an independent ohms checker and that should be your first thought...plus an ohm's meter can double as a building stand for your atty which makes it way easier trying to build and wick than doing it on top of a top heavy box mod...here is a link to an ohm's law calculator...

http://thelocust.net/ohm/

The reason why ohm's law is so important is because it is the math equation that related and identifies how much and how fast your battery needs to deliver a certain amount of power to get the desired performance out of your atty. The great thing about the Segeli 150 is it does this math for you as long as you have the correct batteries to power it with. All you have to do is set your desired power level and it will provide it. Now that being said....you have an alright battery two power it...I assume you have two because it takes two batteries to power the Segeli and the way it draws power from the Segeli you have two use to new batteries together and they have to be the exact same kind...you can't mix and match batteries with a mod like that...it can ruin both your mod and batteries if you do. You have to without exception have a matched pair of new batteries just for that mod...I recommend getting a couple pairs actually so you always have a set charged and ready. For that mod I recommend getting LGHE4's or the Samsung 25R's but that is my personal opinion....they are 20amp continuous drain rated batteries and will do the job up to 100 watts no problem and higher for short periods of time

What is a "continuous drain rating" you ask? That is a very good and important question....Put simply, the continuous drain rating is how fast your battery can safely dump the energy stored inside of it into whatever it is powering without overheating and venting/exploding. It takes a lot of power to power those regulated box mods and sub ohm builds and to be safe you need a minimum of 20 amps continuous drain rating if not higher to be safe...using batteries with lower ratings than that can be dangerous and some mods will even step down and limit how many watts it will put out to protect itself if you don't use the higher rated batteries depending on the chipset that is inside of them to make them work.

What is this "mAh" rating you ask? Another excellent and important question...the mAh or Milliamp hour rating is for how long you battery can drain at a given speed before it is dead. So if your have a 2000 mAh rated battery with a continuous drain rating of 20 amps that means it can deliver power at at a one amp drain for 2 hours (there is 1000 mAh in an amp hour so if you have a one amp continuous draw on your battery then it will drain 1000 mAh in one hour.) if you have 10 amp draw on a 2000mAh battery then it can deliver that charge for 12 minutes before your battery is drained.

So to recap....Continuous Amp Drain rating is how fast a battery can safely dump it's charge and the mAh rating is for how long it can do so before the battery is completely discharged.

Now...on to your atty...before you even think about building on it...get an ohm's reader, I can't say this enough....and once you have an ohm's meter and some 26 gauge Kanthal try and find a 2.5 mm drill bit or something around that size and wrap a single microcoil with seven wraps. It should give you about a 1.4 ohm coil. Why start with this one simple single coil? Because this will give you a base line to work with to help determine what kind of coils you want to work with and give you practice starting out....Kanthal and cotton is cheap...use lots, wrap lots, get a good feel for it before you start building super low and chasing "dem sikk clowwds broooh." when you install the coil on the atty make sure the screws are good and tight but that they don't clip the leads inside the atty post....the easiest way to have an atty short out is from this.....either a pinched lead from an overtightened screw or a screw coming loose slightly during the wicking process....both have happened to me but because I used my ohm's meter and pay attention I am able to catch it before it becomes a problem. Once you've tried that single coil, rip it out and chuck it and wrap two coils the same way and then try installing them....again, this will give you a base line simple dual coil of around .76 if done right and a starting point to figure out what kind of coils you want to build for yourself....watch as many rebuilding video's as you can on Youtube....start with simple microcoils and go from there....don't try and dive right in to a zipper coil or something like that...it's a good way to hurt yourself and the Patriot isn't designed to cope with things like that.

And then there's the wicking...that's the trickiest part. It's a delicate balance and a finess act. You have to use just enough cotton that there is a very slight resistance pulling it threw the coil but not too much. If you use too much cotton and it tries to pull the coil as well as you pull it threw then you are going to "choke" the wick and liquid won't feed properly to the center of the coil and you'll burn it out....if you use to little so that the cotton slips threw with no resistance at all then once you fire the atty the cotton can collapse inside the coil, again not filling the coil out causing it to not wick right and burn up. Again...cotton is cheap and it takes some practice to get right but once it clicks it is easy. Never, ever, ever fire a dry cotton wick...it will instantly catch fire and burn up...always make sure your cotton is good and soaked with e-liquid before you fire it at all....and when you put in a fresh wick and saturate it with e-liquid good and proper then you should pulse fire it a couple times and blow on the coil as you pulse it....this will help break in the new wick and get rid of that cotton taste most of us get from the first few puffs on a fresh wick.

Well, that other thread and this is a good starting point for you to work on if you really want to blow clouds. Look around and study up on Ohm's law and battery safety, I can't stress the importance of these enough...there is a ton of material here and on youtube, most of it is really helpful...some of it is just fluff but it's good for a laugh just the same....

Best of luck to yah bro and any questions don't hesitate to ask ;)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Erm what madmonkey said. To be fair couldn't be put any clearer fair play madmonkey.

I am sorry if it sounded harsh at any way at all...it wasn't meant too...I just have had a couple friends go shopping without me and go buy mechs and RDA's and the shop builds them and then sells them a 5 amp battery and then they nearly blow out in their hand....I worry about people's safety and try and just explain things as clearly as possible so they have a basic understanding of things....it's not to be rude...it's to try and keep them safe till they have the hang of things...you've got to know the rules to bend and break them right? :)

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am sorry if it sounded harsh at any way at all...it wasn't meant too...I just have had a couple friends go shopping without me and go buy mechs and RDA's and the shop builds them and then sells them a 5 amp battery and then they nearly blow out in their hand....I worry about people's safety and try and just explain things as clearly as possible so they have a basic understanding of things....it's not to be rude...it's to try and keep them safe till they have the hang of things...you've got to know the rules to bend and break them right? :)
I don't think you sounded rude. Very informal and very well put to be honest.and I agree there's too many shops out there that don't care about people's safety they just want to make money.

ZFRESH

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for being supportive, ive done alot of reasearch, i completely understand it now.
Thanks for pointing out the ohms law, if you didnt i probobly would look like freddy krueger right now.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for being supportive, ive done alot of reasearch, i completely understand it now.
Thanks for pointing out the ohms law, if you didnt i probobly would look like freddy krueger right now.

I am glad we got you pointed in the right direction...but like anything else, don't stop learning about vaping. It's not just light and suck like analogs...there is a lot to it and the more you get into it the more there is to consider. It's not just ohm's law and battery safety that make up vaping...especially dripping on mechs. Your batteries max continuous drain rating, pulse rating, internal resistance and overall health of your battery, the gauge of wire, the inner diameter, the type and how much/how little wicking, the make of your mod, what your mod's made out of, how clean your mod is, the airflow and type of atty and it's construction and materials...all of these factor into using mechs even more than with regulated mods. I know it's a lot to think about but it's good to know and keep all this in mind for the best possible, safest, and most fun and satisfying vape you can have :)

VU Sponsors