Become a Patron!

Looking forward to learning from you!

DIYMixer

Member For 1 Year
Hey fellow vapers! I’m a former smoker of 20 years who switched to vaping about 3 years ago. A friend of mine mixes his own juice and got me excited about doing the same so I decided to join this forum. I’m very DIY oriented in other aspects of my life. I make my own soap, mix my own fragrances, my own spice blends. The more meticulous and precise a task has to be, the more I love it! I’m really looking forward to learning from you all. Thanks for having me 🙏

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Hey fellow vapers! I’m a former smoker of 20 years who switched to vaping about 3 years ago. A friend of mine mixes his own juice and got me excited about doing the same so I decided to join this forum. I’m very DIY oriented in other aspects of my life. I make my own soap, mix my own fragrances, my own spice blends. The more meticulous and precise a task has to be, the more I love it! I’m really looking forward to learning from you all. Thanks for having me 🙏
welcome

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
bav cream 3%
cheesecake 4
strawberry 9
sweet cream 3
vanilla custard 2

all t.f.a. at 70/30
steep for only 48hrs then good to go.

let me know what you want a recipe for, as in tobacco, fruit cereal etc.

with tocacco recipes i often add brandy of rum to give it a throat hit, but you are looking at around 1-2 weeks of steeping.

oh and if you can, stay away from adding sweetners as it tasts to commercial. if you use a sweetner, run your tongue over your lip, you will see what it does. plus in you change to say tobacco, it will take a full tank to get rid of the sugay, and perhaps force you into putting in a new coil. i have a seperate tank for sweet stuff.

DIYMixer

Member For 1 Year
Thank you all for the warm welcome! And thanks @geordie for the recipes 😋 I plan on beginning my experimentation in tobacco flavors. I enjoy VGOD’s Cubano a lot. I’m not sure if that would be considered a RY4, but I like the subtle coffee undertones. My girlfriend used to smoke menthols and I would enjoy them too on occasion, but most juices are WAY too minty for my/her tastes, like straight bubblegum. I’d like to make a juice that is tobacco forward with a hint of menthol. Throat hit is important to my tastes, so I appreciate your brandy and rum suggestions 🙏

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Thank you all for the warm welcome! And thanks @geordie for the recipes 😋 I plan on beginning my experimentation in tobacco flavors. I enjoy VGOD’s Cubano a lot. I’m not sure if that would be considered a RY4, but I like the subtle coffee undertones. My girlfriend used to smoke menthols and I would enjoy them too on occasion, but most juices are WAY too minty for my/her tastes, like straight bubblegum. I’d like to make a juice that is tobacco forward with a hint of menthol. Throat hit is important to my tastes, so I appreciate your brandy and rum suggestions 🙏
honey..5%
rum 0.5
ry4double 5
vanilla swirl 2.5

apple....5
bourbon 5
virginia 10

cuban supream 4.5
vanilla custard 4,5
simple but tasty

honey 2.64
bourbon 1.5
red oak tobacco 2
caramel 2
best at 60/40 steep 40hrs

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the forum, this is a good place to learn, lots of helpful and friendly folks here

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I plan on beginning my experimentation in tobacco flavors. I enjoy VGOD’s Cubano a lot.
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

I've never had VGODs Cubano, but try this one out:
FA is FlavourArt BTW
2% FA Caramel
2% FA Cuban Supreme
2% FA Dark Bean

This is one @HeadInClouds found on an Italian website with no author to give credit to. It's pretty tasty. If you live in the USA my favorite flavor vendor is BullCityFlavors.com. Use the code VU6 at check out for a 6% discount.

DIYMixer

Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

I've never had VGODs Cubano, but try this one out:
FA is FlavourArt BTW
2% FA Caramel
2% FA Cuban Supreme
2% FA Dark Bean

This is one @HeadInClouds found on an Italian website with no author to give credit to. It's pretty tasty. If you live in the USA my favorite flavor vendor is BullCityFlavors.com. Use the code VU6 at check out for a 6% discount.
Looks delicious 🤤

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello and welcome! You are going to love doing DIY but it can be hard at first (doing the math and finding the right % to use) Do you have nicotine, VG and PG? It's very much like cooking (and your other hobbies)
Depending on your budget, consider getting a scale (needs to be very sensitive... down to 0.01 gram)
I like to mix my unflavored "base" than add flavors when mixing. I can help you choosing flavors and brands to use. I do a very nutty/caramel/vanilla tobacco myself... a desert tobacco. There are so may tobacco flavors but I really suggest trying FA SOHO. There are also what is known as NETs (naturally extracted tobacco) They are expensive but many people say they are the best (I'm really low budget but would love to try them) You can easily add nuts, caramel, vanilla to your tastes. Many people also add fruits. I don't use sweetener (have got used to less sweet juices) Mint/ menthol is easy to add. Get over to the DIY forum.

DIYMixer

Member For 1 Year
I haven’t yet purchased pg/vg or nicotine. A friend recommended his 2 favorite suppliers, but I decided I wanted to touch the waters before I made any purchases. This forum is my water touching ☺️ I have a digital scale and am confident in my abilities to accurately calibrate and measure. Mixing e-liquid seems to be perfect for my obsessive creativity! I also know what I like!!! I’ve read about NET’s and am curious for sure. I also don’t prefer sweet juices. I eat desserts maybe twice a year so I certainly don’t want to vape dessert all day long (no offense to sweet vapers) All this being said, I need help in choosing reputable flavors. Firsthand experience is even better. Thanks @VapeOn1960

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am in no way an expert but have done much experimenting. Many others here here have more experience and many more flavors but... I have done much research and would be glad to suggest some of the more popular flavors (actually, I have made a list... a very long list from my research) Shoot me a PM (conversation) and I will send you the list. Besides tobacco, what other flavors are you interested in?
If you have a scale, you are way ahead of the game.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I haven’t yet purchased pg/vg or nicotine. A friend recommended his 2 favorite suppliers, but I decided I wanted to touch the waters before I made any purchases. This forum is my water touching ☺️ I have a digital scale and am confident in my abilities to accurately calibrate and measure. Mixing e-liquid seems to be perfect for my obsessive creativity! I also know what I like!!! I’ve read about NET’s and am curious for sure. I also don’t prefer sweet juices. I eat desserts maybe twice a year so I certainly don’t want to vape dessert all day long (no offense to sweet vapers) All this being said, I need help in choosing reputable flavors. Firsthand experience is even better. Thanks @VapeOn1960
ensure you download a mixing calculator to give you the weight of pg and vg for measuring ,,the figures are pg..1.038. vg 1.260

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For a vaping calculator most use e-liquid-recipes.com online. That does all the math for you. Tons of recipes there as well.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU, DIYMixer.

Congratulations on three years free of cigarettes.

You mention many talents. I look forward to reading the results of your vape flavor experiments.

If I may give you advice, get your nic base, plenty of it, to store. The ANTZ and nannies are breathing down our necks.

DIYMixer

Member For 1 Year
Thank you Bliss Doubt! I’ve smoked a handful of cigarettes over the years (usually while partying with with family on holidays) but I consider 10 cigarettes a year to be an improvement over 2 packs a day 😬 Which is embarrassing, but true. I can only say this as an opinion/hunch, but I believe we’ll ultimately win this current struggle around vaping. I hope that time and research will win over the moderately reasonable folks. It doesn’t really matter what we say to the unreasonables anyway so… 😆 I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m hoping the “analog” nicotine industry will use it’s resources to do the research that us DIYers can’t afford. Maybe help use inadvertently while they drool over the potential of getting a cut of the future of nicotine consumption. Now I’m going to research the best ways to store nicotine just in case I’m wrong 🔜 Thanks for welcoming me Bliss Doubt!!

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can only say this as an opinion/hunch, but I believe we’ll ultimately win this current struggle around vaping.
I really hope you're right, but when I think of places where it is banned, such as Thailand where you can go to jail for being caught vaping, and other countries where the sales of vaping products are banned, I continue to worry, store supplies, work with CASAA. As the old saying goes, "hope for the best, expect the worst".

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I really hope you're right, but when I think of places where it is banned, such as Thailand where you can go to jail for being caught vaping, and other countries where the sales of vaping products are banned, I continue to worry, store supplies, work with CASAA. As the old saying goes, "hope for the best, expect the worst".
so true, which is why i diy and build up a lot of stock and contacts, i know i can only keep it so long but contacts in new zealand are very very usefull. all it is going to do is open up a black market and that is the danger, as in you will not know what is in your bottle.

DIYMixer

Member For 1 Year
I hear you and it’s so frustrating!! I actually wrote up a charged response where I tried to walk the line while still sharing my opinions and I decided not to post it. I respect this forum and I’m new, so I knew it was the right thing to do. Instead I’ll say that we’re in good company here at Vaping Underground and I’m going to take it all in. Restrictions on freedom of speech is a less of an immediate threat 💨 🧠 ✌️

DIYMixer

Member For 1 Year
so true, which is why i diy and build up a lot of stock and contacts, i know i can only keep it so long but contacts in new zealand are very very usefull. all it is going to do is open up a black market and that is the danger, as in you will not know what is in your bottle.
In complete agreement, consider me a contact, even if only in spirit..

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hear you and it’s so frustrating!! I actually wrote up a charged response where I tried to walk the line while still sharing my opinions and I decided not to post it. I respect this forum and I’m new, so I knew it was the right thing to do. Instead I’ll say that we’re in good company here at Vaping Underground and I’m going to take it all in. Restrictions on freedom of speech is a less of an immediate threat 💨 🧠 ✌️
I have seen no censorship of speech in this forum, other than some advice about discussions of politics, which apparently got pretty hairy at some time in the past. I think we all are expected to be respectful of course.

It is by sharing our thoughts on vaping and social issues around it, on actions available to us, on developments domestic and international, that we keep taking steps forward without taking steps back.

VU Sponsors