Become a Patron!

Looking to learn

Hello, I have been vaping for years. I used to have a couple PWM box mods that were built. One from a local shop(that's now shut down) and one from Riot Box Mods(which is also now shut down). Ever since I have reached to learn how to make them. Recently I decided to give it a shot only to come to a quick realization that all of the literature and tutorials and everything that I had dabbled with before are no longer there. So, here I am asking the community for help.

1. What are some good parts sources?

2. Is there anyone willing to take time to teach a redneck that knows a little, but not a lot about how to build PWM box mods/PWM box mod circuit boards (because apparently it's nesr impossible to find them pre-built anymore)?

3. Why have seemingly all of the modders fallen off and stopped making product? Some were doing phenomenal when I fell out of the vaping scene after starting working and just ended up using disposable because they were simpler to use at work instead of my larger box mods that I've now went back to.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi :wave: Welcome to the forum.
You are right about the modders.
They've either moved on to something else or got in too deep with orders and couldn't follow through.
A lot of people stopped buying PWM mods (and Raptor chip mods) in the Hammod DIY box when China started making much smaller 200w box mods.

There's a PWM box that's pre made called the Steamcrave Titan PWM.
They are still for sale online.

Here's a very old thread with some schematics for PWM box mods. Most of the links are dead though.

Hi :wave: Welcome to the forum.
You are right about the modders.
They've either moved on to something else or got in too deep with orders and couldn't follow through.
A lot of people stopped buying PWM mods (and Raptor chip mods) in the Hammod DIY box when China started making much smaller 200w box mods.

There's a PWM box that's pre made called the Steamcrave Titan PWM.
They are still for sale online.

Here's a very old thread with some schematics for PWM box mods. Most of the links are dead though.
Yeah, I've checked out the Titan before. It really sucks that a lot of those links are dead. Would have helped out A LOT. Hopefully someone comes along generous enough to help me out learning this stuff because honestly I feel like the community misses it. Custom and personal touch on a hand built mod. I know I do and very few people do it anymore. Most of which user proprietary hardware.

VU Sponsors