Become a Patron!

Loss of BF Pulse please help

Necrospecter

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Back when I wanted to try out squonking I received a ton of advice about which one I should get, and then it combined into my desire to try out an unregulated mod as well which lead me to the Pulse BF. I love it, but I did put it away for a while. The other day I pulled it off the shelf gave it a fresh build filled it up and when I went to take a hit no power I checked the battery and it was fully charged I put it back in and it fired for maybe half a second. I always used Brasso to clean the battery contacts like I was told I should and they are nice and shiny. All I can find on youtube is how to clean the battery contacts, I tried looking for one on how to properly take it apart but could not find any, and I don't want to break it so any advice? any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
make sure the screw that holds the switch lever is tight and also squeeze the female part of the switch with a pair of pliers so it grabs the male end more securely
In my case, i soldered my switch together and it vapes much better.

Necrospecter

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
make sure the screw that holds the switch lever is tight and also squeeze the female part of the switch with a pair of pliers so it grabs the male end more securely
In my case, i soldered my switch together and it vapes much better.

The screw is as tight as I can get it and the female grabs on to the male end you can feel is grabbing on real well. I am starting to think maybe the fire button is the problem the only other thing I can think of is to try spreading the female open more and see if I can clean it but that seems like it would be a huge design flaw if that needed to be done. But as I sat here typing this I took the screw out one more time and even for good measure gave the female end a bit of a squee and then put it back together and it did the same thing. fired for maybe half a second and quit. Then I pressed the fire button as hard as I could and my finger slipped up a bit and it started firing but if I press the top part of the button nothing. And again bottom press as hard as I can (I mean it hurts my finger hard) and it will fire so that sounds like a faulty fire button or am I wrong

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If the threads of the screw, or the hole it goes into, is dirty it can cause all sorts of weird firing issues. When I used mine, it would act up in a similar fashion when it was dirty. But it could be that the button has gotten dirty or damaged, and I don't think you can take apart that button to clean or repair it.

Edit- I forgot to say that since it is a mech, you could always drop it in a ultra sonic cleaner and see if it gets the button clean. That's how I clean most of my mech mods and it works very well most of the time. Some mods I wouldn't do it, like if it had cheap or flakey paint. But since you're is plastic it shouldn't hurt it.

Last edited:

Necrospecter

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
If the threads of the screw, or the hole it goes into, is dirty it can cause all sorts of weird firing issues. When I used mine, it would act up in a similar fashion when it was dirty. But it could be that the button has gotten dirty or damaged, and I don't think you can take apart that button to clean or repair it.

Edit- I forgot to say that since it is a mech, you could always drop it in a ultra sonic cleaner and see if it gets the button clean. That's how I clean most of my mech mods and it works very well most of the time. Some mods I wouldn't do it, like if it had cheap or flakey paint. But since you're is plastic it shouldn't hurt it.
Well I've been on the fence for a while about getting a ultrasonic cleaner what better reason could I need now? I knew you people would come through for me on some front

I am Necro and you are not
Sent from Milliways

VU Sponsors