Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Centaurus Quest BF Squonk Kit Review by SessionDrummer

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1 Lede.png![1

Unless you've been living under a rock, you already know that Lost Vape unleashed the "Quest" line at a lower price point, to allow even more people into the fold. Having had really good luck with all of my "Quests" I was interested to try out this "King of Squonk" just to see what, was what.

**Lost Vape CENTAURUS QUEST 100W Squonk Kit Features:**
  • * Quest Chipset
  • * Dimensions - 86.2mm by 51.7mm by 30.2
  • * Single High-Amp 18650 Battery - Not Included
  • * Wattage Output Range: 5-100W
  • * Voltage Output Range: 0-8V
  • * Resistance Range: 0 .1-3.0ohm
  • * Power Mode
  • * Bypass Mode
  • * TC Mode
  • * Stainless Steel, Nickel, Titanium Wire Compatibility
  • * Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction
  • * Intuitive Firing Button
  • * 0.90" Color Display Screen
  • * Two Adjustment Buttons
  • * Single Mode Button
  • * 9.5mL Squonk Bottle
  • * Threaded Bottom Battery Bay
  • * Threaded Bottom Squonk Access
  • * Threaded 510 Connection
  • * Type-C USB Port

**Lost Vape CENTAURUS SOLO BF 24mm RDA Features:**
  • * 24mm Diameter
  • * Deep Juice Wells - 1.2mL
  • * Stainless Steel Tank Construction
  • * Dual Post Build Deck - 1 Terminal Per Post
  • * Top Secured via Flathead Screws
  • * Single Coil Configuration
  • * Positive PEEK Insulation
  • * Dual Slotted Airflow Control Ring
  • * Threaded BF 510 Pin
  • * 810 Widebore Drip Tip
  • * Available in SS, Gunmetal, Black, Blue, Gold

**Includes:**
  • * 1 Centaurus Quest BF Box Mod
  • * 1 Centaurus SOLO RDA
  • * 1 9.5mL Liquid Bottle
  • * 1 18650 Battery Adapter
  • * 1 Spare Drip Tip
  • * 1 Spare Parts Bag
  • * 2 User Manual
  • * 1 Warranty Card

A quick peek at the low downs ...

1a Exploded.png

And the firing modes, JUST to wet your appetite ....

1b Modes.png

For all the single batt haters out there, I can't say much to convince you, but so far, it's looking like Lost Vapes put some thought into this one. Let's dive in.

Lost Vapes always packages everything up nice and neat.

2 Box Shot.jpg

3 Box Open.jpg

With a few extras.

4 Extras.jpg

As is the case with most of their equipment, well thought out, and polished.

5 Full Contents.jpg

AND, you get a manual and warranty card lol.

6 Manuals.jpg

When I ordered this I had originally wanted the Blue and SS but was on back order. Now that I'm seeing this color in person, not too shabby.

6a Side.jpg

USB-C charging, and the 3 button system that we've all used for years is here, so no learning curve.

6b Front.jpg

The 0.91" display was super sharp, bright, and the nav system was easy to master with no manual required.

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
6c Display.jpg

The fire button was mounted in the traditional side location, and the squonk sled was very well thought out, and slid in and out with no issue. Lost Vape claimed a "leakproof" design, and I'll test that TOO !!!!

6d Fire Button.jpg

Moving onto the bottom, all of you twister cap haters rejoice, ......... there's TWO !!!! Actually both the battery and squonk filler twisters worked great, with no issue.

7 Cap Twist.jpg

Nice venting on the bottom cap, AND polarity is clearly marked.

8 Cap Polarity.jpg

AND, just in case you're drinking, they polarity-ized the top of the tube too.

9 Tube Polarity.jpg

Now, personally, I prefer a dual batt mod as that's what I'm used to, and unless you don't HAVE any 21's, you can adapt them with the provided battery adapter cap. With only a single batt, it's always a 21700 for me.

10 Battery Insert.jpg

The squonk sled (tray and bottle) was quite big, and well thought out. @ 9.5ml you could really get your squonk on here folks. The sled slid in and out easily, with a nice almost click when it was landed. I have heard reports of the locking clips failing, so I will try and break it, and report back. So far, it's been Squonk City.

11 Controls and Squonk.jpg

The fairly large squonk bottle was squishy, and held in place pretty securely by the sled. Notice the small cap on the extra bottle. Carry a spare around for when you run out maybe ?? !!!

12 Squonk Sled Front.jpg

As mentioned, you've got another spinner to access the fill port.

13 Squonk Sled Filler.jpg

PLEASE remember to remove the tip cap before jamming it into the unit !!

14 Squonk Sled Tip Open.jpg

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And speaking OF the tip, it was well thought out, o-ringed, and LV claimed a check valve-ish, leak-proof experience.

15 Squonk Tip Oring.jpg

The receiver.

16 Squonk Receiver.jpg

How small WAS the fill port ?

17 Squonk Filling.jpg

Well, I just wanted to try and blow it up, so I used a Cosmo bottle !!!! It worked, BUT, for your sanity, use a tipped bottle.

18 Squonk Cosmo Filling.jpg

With the squonker sled-ded back in place, it was time to check out the Solo.

19 Solo Box.jpg

As a nice surprise it came in a metal tin.

20 Solo Box Contents.jpg

Two 810 drip tips, and some extras.

21 Solo Box Contents 2.jpg

Who doesn't love o-rings ?? I love having them just in case. Now the screws, ehhh, kinda soft, so having spares MIGHT not be a bad thing. Squonk pins as well.

22 Solo Extras.jpg

23 Solo Pins and Screws.jpg

I preferred the tip with the metal band wrap.

24 Solo Tips.jpg

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now what I found ODD, was a squonk pin was NOT installed by default ?? !!! Umm, ok. Jammed my screwdriver in and it wouldn't come out !!! Ahhh, I see. I just grabbed the first tip that would fit.

25 Solo Pin Removal.jpg

Non-squonk with the insulator (make sure to move TO your squonk pin before installing), and squonk pin.

26 Solo Pin Comparison.jpg

The top cap looked great, and had an o-ring (as expected) to keep the chuffers in line.

27 Solo Cap Oring.jpg

Now while this isn't exactly a groundbreakingly NEW airflow design, it WAS well implemented, and deserved a closer look. Dual slotted airflows on each side of the cap.

28 Solo Cap Air Channels.jpg

The mid-section which I call the sleeve, directed the incoming airflow through to mating ports on the deck.

29 Solo Deck Sleeve Air Direction.jpg

Assembled for clarity of airflow.

29a Solo Air Direction.jpg

With a 24mm deck, and super spacious 1.2ml juice wells, you could really go crazy with your coil and tails.

30 Solo Deck Air Direction.jpg

The posts would actually be THE limiting factor on how big and crazy you could go. I wasn't a huge fan of the not so NOT soft screws in the posts. YES, it's a single coiler !!!

31 Solo Deck Posts.jpg

For this review, I decided to toss in some dual core, SS claptons running (2X24)/38, and ran it typically between 65-80w. I hand wrapped the coil with 5 wraps, and VERY specifically loaded it to have ALL of the air hitting the lower side of the coil. [HASH=191147]#ChasingFlavor[/HASH].

32 Solo Coil Loaded.jpg

As expected, you could push damn near as much cotton in the deck as you'd like. Trimming, thinning ?? Hehe, NOPE.

33 Solo Cotton Wick.jpg

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tucky tucky.

34 Solo Cotton Loaded.jpg

Let the saucing commence !!!!

35 Solo Money Shot.jpg

YES, you can juice the deck silly with those deep wells.

36 Solo Deck Sauced.jpg

Time to get chuffin'.

37 Filled.jpg

38 Filled Front.jpg

**Testing/Usage:**

While I DID use SS wire so I could at least test out the TC (and it worked great), I spent most of my time in my tried and true wattage mode. The fit and finish was everything I'd grown used to with Lost Vape, and this kit was no exception. Very well machined, with a super tight fit and finish. Felt good in the hand, and the menu system was easy to use. The display was bright, well laid out, and showed you everything you needed to see without anything you didn't. The kit looked classy with no flashy flashy, and worked perfectly without incident. Filling, squonking, and NOT leaking ALSO worked as advertised.

NOW, how was da flava ?? It was GREAT. I had heard some complaints about the Solo not delivering on the flavor front, but I found it rich and delicious. Air flow was pretty good, considering the two small slots, and at full bore was FAIRLY open, but still slightly restricted. No whistling or off-putting noise from the ports, and adjustments of the top cap were silly simple. I ran the deck fairly dry, and laid it on it's side for QUITE a while, and NO leakage. [HASH=191148]#Winning[/HASH]. I'm sure you could pocket it, and pocket squonk your way into some spillage, but I had no issues. Battery life was pretty good on a single 21700, and it MIGHT last all day for light vapers. Everyone else, carry an extra battery. Despite having TWO twister screw tops (one for the battery and squonk tank), both worked easily, and with no hassle. The included drip tips worked, felt, and looked great.

**Pros:**
  • Spacious deck with deep juice wells
  • Classy Looks
  • Fit and Finish
  • Easy squonk removal/insertion
  • No leaking
  • Great flavor
  • Easy, accurate, functional menu system
  • Felt great in the hand
  • Spare squonk tank with tip cover

**Cons:**
  • Single Coil
  • Dodgy screws
  • Twister screw caps
  • Single Battery
  • Medium sized post holes will somewhat limit larger coils

**Conclusion:**

All in, for a single coil, single batt, 100w. squonker, this one worked really well, and did so with great flavor. The airflow was adequate, and removing/inserting the squonk tank was simple. I've heard rumblings that the clips that lock the squonk tank in can fail, and there may be a re-design under way. If mine fails, I'll be sure to post back. As it stood, with no leaking, and great flavor, it was hard to find any faults. Minor nit picking listed in the cons would be about all I could think of. If you are in need of a great squonker, and can get past the single batt/coil, and/or twister caps, you MIGHT just be in for a flavorful ride.

**Colors:**

39 Colors.png

40 Colors Leather.png

41 Colors Solo.png

**Linkage:**

As always, thanks for taking the time to read ALL the way down here, it's always appreciated, and hopefully this review may help better showcase this Lost Vape Kit.

Semper Fi, and get your Squonk On !!!!

43 Bonus.png

Attachments

• 39 Colors.png
    39 Colors.png
    104 KB · Views: 1

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I didn't get any tins with my blue one.
My storage bottle isn't the same shape as the squonk bottle.

VU Sponsors