Become a Patron!

Lost Vape M200 Kit Review - AKA the Pinkest mod that I own.

I_aint_Joe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Introduction

Deciding if you like this mod or not is simple; If you think it looks good, you’ll love it – if you don’t, then you probably won’t.

However, don’t assume this to be negativity on my part. I requested the M200 for review, and specifically requested it in pink, because I love the way it looks.

DSC02452.jpg

Product overview

The Lost Vape Centaurus M200 Kit is comprised of the Centaurus M200 dual 18650, 200w aluminum-alloy mod and the 5ml Centaurus Sub Ohm Tank.

What do you get?
  • Centaurus M200 Box Mod
  • Centaurus Sub Ohm Tank
  • 0.15Ω UB Max X1 Coil
  • 0.3Ω UB Max X3 Coil
  • Spare Glass (5ml)
  • Spares + USB type-C cable
DSC02465.jpg

First impressions

There’s no getting away from the fact that while not being a total copy, the styling of the Centaurus M200 is reminiscent of the classic HexOhm mod.

Styling wise, it’s very much a classic box mod, with removable stylized side panels and the large fire button/dial dominating the design.

The 510 connector is very slightly raised to prevent scratches, and is held in place with torx screws. A 26mm atomizer is about as big as you will fit without overhang.

The build quality feels pretty good, however there is a little movement from the side panels – the movement isn’t enough that I found it annoying, but it is noticeable.

The Centaurus Tank is a pretty standard looking tank, however it is a far better offering than the previous pod-style tanks that Lost Vape was including in their kits.

The only complaint I have regarding the looks of the tank, is that Lost Vape should have color coded the drip-tip to the mod. This is a personal gripe of mine, the days of getting nice looking drip-tips with a tank/RDA/RTA seem to be long gone with most manufacturers.

DSC02481.jpg

Mod Functions

The M200 uses Lost Vape’s Quest 2 chipset, which in my opinion is one of the better proprietary chipsets from a mainstream manufacturer, however it is lacking a few features as it only offers wattage mode in the M200.

The mod is powered on and off using the two position slide switch below the screen, three clicks of the fire button locks the wattage and five clicks switches between DIY mode and normal mode – however the only differences I could see between the two modes is a UI color change and DIY mode displaying voltage.

The rotating fire button is made up of three elements, the center section is the fire button, the inner ring is an LED section that displays different colors depending on battery levels, and the outer ring is used to adjust wattage. From 05-40w adjustments are in 1 watt increments, from 40-100w, 2 watt increments and from 100-200w, 5 watt increments.

While the rotating fire button does look very cool, it does introduce one problem – unlike mods with conventional power up/down buttons, adjusting the wattage on the M200 is a two hand operation, well it can be done one-handed, but it’s not very convenient or comfortable.

DSC02475.jpg

Centaurus Tank

There’s not much to say about the Centaurus Tank, it’s no better or worse than the vast majority of tanks that come with kits.

Build quality and looks are a huge improvement over the UB Pod tanks from Lost Vape, and the coils are pretty decent.

I’m sorry if the above description seems like lazy reviewing, it’s just that it’s so hard for one stock-coil tank to stand out from all of the others, when they all perform well and so similarly.

DSC02468.jpg

Conclusion

If you’re looking for a feature packed mod, then look elsewhere – the M200 isn’t what you’re looking for. However, if you want a slightly old-school mod that looks good and make you smile, this is a great choice.

As for the tank, it’s as good as any other and won’t disappoint, but there’s no escaping the fact that the mod is the star of the show in this kit.

Disclaimer

The Lost Vape Centaurus M200 Kit was provided for the purposes of this review by Sourcemore.

VU Sponsors