Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Orion DNA Go - Drip tips falling off

Have drip tips ever fallen off your Orion DNA Go pods?

• Yes, but I found a fix which I'll share below

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only on a certain type of pod, which I'll share below

• No, mine are fine, you must be an idiot :)

• Total voters

Irked Particle

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
So I've had my Lost Vape Orion DNA Go for about a year now, & I really love it. It's one of my favorite pods, & I own about 30 different pod devices.

But I keep running into the same problem repeatedly on every new pod I install - no matter how I carry it or more careful I try to be, the black plastic drip tip invariably comes loose & falls off.

After replacing it, it comes off again very easily, & doesn't stand any chance at staying on in my pocket. Then I usually lose it, & I'm forced to vape from the exposed metal post if the mouthpiece.

I haven't tried the new pods with the knurling around the AFC ring (although I do have a package of two of them). I have been using both of the older style 0.25 & the 0.5 ohm pods with the same result.

I've tried gluing the drip tip back on a few times, but no glue has been successful, even epoxy (although I think I might've mixed it wrong). Plus I'm reluctant to use glue anyway, lest I somehow inhale its residue, which I'm sure can't be healthy.

Anyone have any experience with this, or know if this is a known problem with these older pods? No matter how careful or gentle I try to be when carrying my Orion, this keeps happening. It's a huge bummer because I really do love this system.

Thanks! :)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
So I've had my Lost Vape Orion DNA Go for about a year now, & I really love it. It's one of my favorite pods, & I own about 30 different pod devices.

But I keep running into the same problem repeatedly on every new pod I install - no matter how I carry it or more careful I try to be, the black plastic drip tip invariably comes loose & falls off.

After replacing it, it comes off again very easily, & doesn't stand any chance at staying on in my pocket. Then I usually lose it, & I'm forced to vape from the exposed metal post if the mouthpiece.

I haven't tried the new pods with the knurling around the AFC ring (although I do have a package of two of them). I have been using both of the older style 0.25 & the 0.5 ohm pods with the same result.

I've tried gluing the drip tip back on a few times, but no glue has been successful, even epoxy (although I think I might've mixed it wrong). Plus I'm reluctant to use glue anyway, lest I somehow inhale its residue, which I'm sure can't be healthy.

Anyone have any experience with this, or know if this is a known problem with these older pods? No matter how careful or gentle I try to be when carrying my Orion, this keeps happening. It's a huge bummer because I really do love this system.

Sorry you are having this problem

I have been using my Go and have never had a drip tip fall off- not sure why it would happen to you- and no you are not an idiot.
I have read others have the problem with the drip tip falling off as well. Maybe an aftermarket drip tip would work better-
https://www.myvaporstore.com/Blitz-Lost-Vape-Orion-Drip-Tip-p/lse-blz10.htm
https://www.electrictobacconist.com/lost-vape-orion-drip-tip-p6516

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I use Gorilla super glue , it works.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If it is Plastic I would use the heat from the tip of a Soldiering Iron and basically weld it. If done properly no chance of inhaling burned plastic since you will not burn it only melt it.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LV used to be such a good company known for quality, now they'll never get another dollar from me. Oh yeah, their customer service sucks ass too.

I own 5 different mods from them, all very good, but their latest Drone was my last LV purchase, I sold that one at a heavily discounted price due to it's various issues.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LV used to be such a good company known for quality, now they'll never get another dollar from me. Oh yeah, their customer service sucks ass too.

I own 5 different mods from them, all very good, but their latest Drone was my last LV purchase, I sold that one at a heavily discounted price due to it's various issues.
I love the Paranormal, although or it just may be the chip, 2 Orion dnas that now has better pods I have nothing to complain about. As for customer service the only company that ever replied to me and took care of the problem was Hellvape...

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love the Paranormal, although or it just may be the chip, 2 Orion dnas that now has better pods I have nothing to complain about. As for customer service the only company that ever replied to me and took care of the problem was Hellvape...
The Paranormal is a solid mod, the last very good product from them imo

Irked Particle

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
@Irked Particle How did you make out with your Orion tip? The new Orion Plus tanks ore really nice..and work on the DNA Go.

I haven't tried anything yet, though I'll have to consider soldering or glue. I've just been keeping it at home out of my pocket so I don't lose the damn drip tip again.

If the tips stay on those new pods with regular use, I'm all for it! :)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't tried anything yet, though I'll have to consider soldering or glue. I've just been keeping it at home out of my pocket so I don't lose the damn drip tip again.

If the tips stay on those new pods with regular use, I'm all for it! :)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
So far so good....They feel tighter then the og but who knows, only had them 2 wks or so. If you lose the tip let me know I saved a few old pods I was going to try to rebuid.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Paranormal is a solid mod, the last very good product from them imo
They don't seem to make much except pods these days. Looked at the Drone but I heard of problems early on, went with topsides insnstead

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They don't seem to make much except pods these days. Looked at the Drone but I heard of problems early on, went with topsides insnstead
Good call, when I sold the Drone I picked up the Topside as well.

LV sent out an email last December regarding the delay in the release of the Drone, in it they stated that there would only be a limited amount made due to the fact that they were refocusing strictly on pod based systems. This is not to say that in the future they won't make more box mods, but it was disappointing nevertheless. So many companies have jumped on the pod system money train, which is understandable, you're in business to make money, but some have continued to pay attention to us hobbyists as well as making pods.....LV hasn't done that in the past year.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good call, when I sold the Drone I picked up the Topside as well.

LV sent out an email last December regarding the delay in the release of the Drone, in it they stated that there would only be a limited amount made due to the fact that they were refocusing strictly on pod based systems. This is not to say that in the future they won't make more box mods, but it was disappointing nevertheless. So many companies have jumped on the pod system money train, which is understandable, you're in business to make money, but some have continued to pay attention to us hobbyists as well as making pods.....LV hasn't done that in the past year.
I'm thinking of another TS90 to try to convert to a DNA 75...

VU Sponsors