Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Paranormal 250C Replay question

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, it’s not about the actual replay function LOL.

I can’t find the answer in any video, manual, forum, nothing.

What the hell does this level do? Is it the strength of the replay ? It’s 1-11.

94d9260253219e9912be01a52b5bac25.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya know that? That's a great question. I never even noticed that. The guys in the Evolv forums would know.

Last edited:

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugh, lmao. Yeah, someone has to know. In the video reviews, no one ever shows Replay PLAYING settings, just replay settings, before saving puff.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha, thanks for saving me the registration. I don't even bother with escribe. I understand the basics but it works great for me. The battery drain sucks but I just pull the battery door every night.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do use Escribe.

I always change the theme though and I never noticed that setting. Now I'll have to look :)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just checked all my 75C and 250C devices and I do not have that setting in any of my themes.

There's a couple guys over there with seriously impressive Evolv skills.

Why ya gotta do this to me this time of night man? Now it's gonna bug me :D

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

That is just stating the boost level.

Boost is on...

The levels of boost are 1-11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do have the boost setting, but the themes I use display that family of settings differently.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Each profile will have its own settings that you can change.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
dl ecribe international version
1602731023702.png
and connect your mod so you can see whats going on. you can label, set wattages.temps.boost, etc. Here's my Profile 6

es1.png

Attachments

• es1.png
    es1.png
    302 KB · Views: 11

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
after you make any adjustments, at the top hit 'upload to device. And always hit ' Disconnect' before you unplug the mod.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why international ?
The U.S. version has limits imposed by standards implemented in 2016. I don't remember the details off the top of my head, but there are features that are either lesser versions or not there at all. I don't know anybody who uses the U.S. version.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ll play around with it this weekend.

With 140W of juice I’m putting out, I should be looking at LV’s 3 cell mod. Theron or some shit.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ll play around with it this weekend.

With 140W of juice I’m putting out, I should be looking at LV’s 3 cell mod. Theron or some shit.
Have it (Triade) and it’s a good mod.... another one to look at is the Odin duel 21700 mod. I have both and if I had to pick one I would have a tough choice.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have it (Triade) and it’s a good mod.... another one to look at is the Odin duel 21700 mod. I have both and if I had to pick one I would have a tough choice.
There exist two different versions of the Odin, though. The Odin DNA uses the Evolv DNA 250C board that has a micro USB port, whereas the cheaper-priced Odin 200 uses Dovpo's proprietary chipset with USB Type C, and the aesthetics are a tiny bit different between the two, but both Odins are capable of 200 watts and are dual 21700.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

Screenshot_1.png

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 171980
Nice, thanks.

That molicell... better than the 30T/40T?

And no replay due to it not being a DNA device?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
For regulated at your wattage, yes.
Nope, not DNA/no replay, nice chip though. Does TC really well. A lot of good options in menu and easy to navigate.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That molicell... better than the 30T/40T?
Better than the 40T, yes. Better than the 30T? It depends. The pic below shows how much energy (in Wh) each one of three different batteries will deliver when discharged continuously down to 3.2V, and how that energy relates to how many amps you draw from the battery that you're trying to compare, as lowering the amps causes a battery to run more efficiently thus giving you more energy, or vaping time in a regulated mod.

21700.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's a few minor caveats. At 90W each, depending on hardware limitations of your specific choice of regulated mod, it can happen that the mod starts throttling the power long before it reaches down to 3.2V. Not a problem if the mod in question uses something like, for example, a DNA board because these boards are known to be immune to that. But when determining the real-world wattage number you still need to be aware that the efficiency of most regulated mods tends to be a lot poorer than many think, just like you still need to be aware that running a battery close to the CDR causes significant faster battery aging, especially if you chain vape a lot, and that this is so despite that aged batteries are dirt cheap to replace with new batteries. Not a huge problem if your batteries never get much warmer than just barely lukewarm and/or you just don't give a shit about faster battery aging.

Letting the batteries run fairly warm inside a regulated mod is not necessarily always a feasible thing to do, though. Ask yourself questions like, "Do I really need the vaping time to be that long, or does the 30T last far more than long enough for me to make it through the day so it doesn't affect the number of spare batteries that I'll need to be carrying around with me all the time?" and "What are the odds of me later deciding to bump my wattage up higher than the number I originally had in mind?" And then I haven't even mentioned the question of whether the "all-around" here means you will not be using any mech mods. Hopefully this explains why the "up to 180W in a two-battery mod" is to be taken with a grain (or two or three) of, err... lithium salts.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I like what Mooch said.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

That's the Warm setting in Replay. The theme shown lets you use Warm and Boost in Replay, either separately or together, me personally, I don't recommend Boost in Replay as a matter of fact, the default Elvolv theme only offers Warm while using Replay.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like what Mooch said.
Same here. So here's something Mooch also said:

This is him literally confirming that his "maximum wattage" numbers are just theoretical approximations of what factually does happen in the real world, i.e. they're based purely on crude simplifications thereof. One of the things that factually do happen in the real world is that too many people like to twist his words all the time with false interpretations thereof.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ah. TC mode doesn't use wattage at all? Just a power setting?
TC mode uses a certain number of watts that is calculated automagically by the chip. AFAIK the only reviewer who shows real measurements of how many watts a mod will deliver in TC mode is Daniel (DJLsb Vapes on YouTube).

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Ah. TC mode doesn't use wattage at all? Just a power setting?
In a sense, here's how power for TC applies to me.
While the mod controls the power to maintain a temp, I will set watts to higher than actually needed to maintain said temp. This allows the coils to heat quicker for fast ramp up at the initial press of the button, then the mod will throttle the power down to what's needed to maintain the temp during the pull. Similar to how Replay works except I think the Replay chip uses more than just this, to do what it does - and that seems to be guarded info.

Right now I'm vaping a single TC coil and have the wattage set for my low wattage self @10w higher than I would ever vape it in power mode, and it vapes as though in Replay. Using the Kodama I linked. Not all mods allow for setting watts when in TC mode.

Edit: The chart in post 37 has the P42A stopping at 30A. Mooch says its good up to 40A as long as you don't let it get to 167°F.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Edit: The chart in post 37 has the P42A stopping at 30A. Mooch says its good up to 40A as long as you don't let it get to 167°F.
He didn't use the word "good" in that specific context, though. When we say "good", we use it to try and cover up the fact that Mooch explained it a little differently in the video. You know. Just a tiny little bit. ?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If you don't know what good means I don't know what to tell ya.

VU Sponsors