Become a Patron!

LOST VAPE TRIADE DNA200

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was very Happy to get a Triade DNA 200. Excited at the $129 price I paid on 6/8/16. All was going great until a few days ago when the paint began to peel off some. The device still works great, it's just cosmetic. Aggravating though.

Damn. That would be extremely aggravating. I'm too ocd to put up with that so hope mine doesn't start peeling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn. That would be extremely aggravating. I'm too ocd to put up with that so hope mine doesn't start peeling.

Yeah, I can understand that. I would expect a lot more durability wise on the finish if I layed out those kinds of shekels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, I can understand that. I would expect a lot more durability wise on the finish if I layed out those kinds of shekels.

Yeah like the one it happened too I also got mine for a really good deal, but still...

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WoW dude! Is that a wrap? If so where can I get it? If you don't mind I bite your style that is! Yes, I am ols school lol. Also one thing I think is much classier is the Jaybo buton but others make think that is shabby. The buton is solid Where the Triade is a thin strip of bent aluminum. Does not fel the same. That is what I mean the Triade is form and the Reuleaux is function. Mine at least is a real work horse. I have already exhausted Four sets of batteries in it. On the Fifth and Sixth set. I rotate Two sets at a time. One set in mod, One set in charger. At Two Amps HG2'[s charge in 45 minutes. They can take a 4 amp charge but that is just abusing them IMO. I use a nice RC charger that can charge at 50 Amps! Incidentally it can charge Lipo's. If anyone is serious about this and knows what they are doing, forget 18650 chargers. Get an RC charger. If you are not sure what you are doing do not mess with it! You can kill yourself or burn your dwelling. They are not "smart" like common Ecig chargers. They must be programmed and use proper connections. I connect to an 18650 sled in slave mode. Sorry, OT.
If interested I can give you the name of the guy who hydro dipped my box..... Every box is unique...... He can paint what ever you want ..... He does the entire mode, sanding, painting, clear coating..... It feels and looks good !!!!

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its sad mine was loosing the paint after (2) weeks and the leather simply falling apart and then bam, the chip fried...... Maybe it's mine that's happening to.....
IMAG1890_1.jpgIMAG1889_1.jpgIMAG1885.jpg

Scott12579

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always think it's a good practice to save the Ecig file when you get it the way you like it. That way in case you have a memory wipe or if the chip takes a dump on you and you have to send it to Evolv to have a new chip installed (I've never had that happen, but nothing is perfect). Then you can just load the Ecig file and be back up and running in no time. YMMV.

Cheers,
Steve
How do you load a file into escribe as you describe after you have saved it?

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it has been proven this thing has all kinds f issues.so does the current Reuleaux. They cut quality but the Triade came out after that which also appears to be pretty low quality. My original Reuleaux has been used a year or so, shows no signs of wear and still works. It has been used probably thousands of hours by now. They do not build 'em like they used to. That is all I can say. If you want a 18650x3 DNA you don't have much choice. Going to two batteries opens up a lot more choices. Of course than you are limited to 133 unless it is not a DNA. 2 batteries cannot safely support 200 watts anyways. How many people vape over 133? Now they have 250++ watt mods. Stupid I say. Anyways i just don't use the Triade even though I repaired it. Pure junk. Looks nice so long as you do not use it though. The proof is right here but everyone shunned me at first. It is a POS but so is the new Reuleaux. No other choices for this setup though. So just plan on buying either every few months if you want to go this route. Complete BS.

Jaguar07

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If interested I can give you the name of the guy who hydro dipped my box..... Every box is unique...... He can paint what ever you want ..... He does the entire mode, sanding, painting, clear coating..... It feels and looks good !!!!

What does he charge, and how long does it take, Manny?

gasu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is there a specific key to take off the cap around the 510? Got some juice down there and wanted to clean it so it doesn't find it's way down to the board, but all hex screws i tried won't quite fit.

For now switched to using a custom made dna 200 with stab wood anyway in case the triade decides to crap out down the line.

Last edited:

GorGon27

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is probably a TORX head.

They discontinued the Reuleaux DNA 200 and they sold out everywhere in minutes. It is going to be the more desirable and more expensive 3x18650 now. I do love my custom stab wood mods but vastly prefer 18650's.

Last edited:

gasu

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is probably a TORX head.

They discontinued the Reuleaux DNA 200 and they sold out everywhere in minutes. It is going to be the more desirable and more expensive 3x18650 now. I do love my custom stab wood mods but vastly prefer 18650's.
Cheers :)

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Many of you might already know however this was the first I've seen.
4a5113e37a8d40b6ad7f49cf61220289.png

It also looks like the Triade and Therion had a baby.
938ddca89f1e4e9d8c0a04f50119065a.png

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This guy must be here on this thread, I just got an email from lost Vape repair center, saying I told you it would take 4 to 6 weeks but I will get to it as soon as I can ........

Lol... of course they are watching dude...
Don't worry bro you will get it back before xmas

VAPE ON

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This really gets me. Verify there's a problem. Send the user a new, sealed in box, unit. Don't make the user wait, it's bad business, especially when you're dealing with a device that's more of a premium item versus, say, a eVic AIO or iStick Pico. This is exactly what Vape Forward did for me with a Stout that was having resistance checking issues. I would totally buy another VF mod. I don't own a Therion or Triade. I wanted a Therion, and now I really don't.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This really gets me. Verify there's a problem. Send the user a new, sealed in box, unit. Don't make the user wait, it's bad business, especially when you're dealing with a device that's more of a premium item versus, say, a eVic AIO or iStick Pico. This is exactly what Vape Forward did for me with a Stout that was having resistance checking issues. I would totally buy another VF mod. I don't own a Therion or Triade. I wanted a Therion, and now I really don't.
These people have to realize that this is not a $50.00 or $39.00 mod.... I sent it as it came new to me with the original invoice showing that I take care of my stuff, the paint is peeling, the leather is looking rough and the chip is fried, dude the mod is 29 days old and always in my empty rear pocket........

I even told them send me any color if mine is being replaced..... I want her done right......

What is the correct thing for them to do ?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What your saying doesn't apply here. Evolv doesn't sell the Triade so they don't have a new one in the box to send him.

If he sent it back to Lost Vape then what you said would be comparing apples to apples.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What your saying doesn't apply here. Evolv doesn't sell the Triade so they don't have a new one in the box to send him.

If he sent it back to Lost Vape then what you said would be comparing apples to apples.
Lost Vape didn't want anything to do with it..... They told me the warranty work is done in Ohio send it to the repair center....... Or send it to the seller.......

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These people have to realize that this is not a $50.00 or $39.00 mod.... I sent it as it came new to me with the original invoice showing that I take care of my stuff, the paint is peeling, the leather is looking rough and the chip is fried, dude the mod is 29 days old and always in my empty rear pocket........

I even told them send me any color if mine is being replaced..... I want her done right......

What is the correct thing for them to do ?

The correct thing to do would be to contact Lost Vape and ask for a new one in exchange for your old one. Evolv just makes the chip, not the mod. If you want the mod replaced you would have to contact either Lost Vape or the place you bought it from.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
VF has some great customer service. So good it's almost not fair to compare them to other companies. Shit, call there sometime. An actual person picks up the phone and says hello. Very rare in today's day and age. Kind of sad at the same time.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lost Vape didn't want anything to do with it..... They told me the warranty work is done in Ohio send it to the repair center....... Or send it to the seller.......

That's just for the chip. Evolv doesn't warranty anything but the chip. That's all they make. I believe Lost Vape does have a US service center that should cover the rest of the mod. This doesn't seem like it should be hard to understand. The chip maker doesn't make the mod, only the chip

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's just for the chip. Evolv doesn't warranty anything but the chip. That's all they make. I believe Lost Vape does have a US service center that should cover the rest of the mod. This doesn't seem like it should be hard to understand. The chip maker doesn't make the mod, only the chip
IMAG1901.jpgIMAG1904.jpg

This is what and where I sent it......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then they should take care of it. I was under the impression you sent it to Evolv. They are also located in Ohio.
I hope correctly...... It's only been (2) weeks since The repair center received it , Dale there told me ..... He is backed up......

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I hope correctly...... It's only been (2) weeks since The repair center received it , Dale there told me ..... He is backed up......

Guess they are dropping like flies if they're that backed up.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I’m just guessing but would think the guy is just a technician trying to keep his job and do the best he can…. Unless it’s a bigger operation???

I have the Duo and the Tirade and like them both but the customer service from China on any questions is none existent! Like I said I love mine and they are working great but before I tare into the repair center I need to know more about it…. Just one guy/gal or 20 to 30 employees?

That would not be on the repair center in my book but on the company not doing it right! Like I said look at the face book page and see the complaints and you will get the picture.

Again I like mine a lot and hope to gosh I don’t have to deal with them! And KDodds a agree he should have got a new mod on the spot for the $$$ spent. Word will spread and the premium price will not be worth it!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m just guessing but would think the guy is just a technician trying to keep his job and do the best he can…. Unless it’s a bigger operation???

I have the Duo and the Tirade and like them both but the customer service from China on any questions is none existent! Like I said I love mine and they are working great but before I tare into the repair center I need to know more about it…. Just one guy/gal or 20 to 30 employees?

That would not be on the repair center in my book but on the company not doing it right! Like I said look at the face book page and see the complaints and you will get the picture.

Again I like mine a lot and hope to gosh I don’t have to deal with them! And KDodds a agree he should have got a new mod on the spot for the $$$ spent. Word will spread and the premium price will not be worth it!
Absolutely, shits falling apart after 29 days? Give the man a new mod. I don't think I'll be getting the Therion 133. This kind of shit really annoys me. Lost Vape if you are watching, back your shit up!

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Oh, but I believe it does. They were contacted, told about all of the problems, and passed the buck. What they SHOULD have done was issue an RMA with prepaid shipping and actually LOOKED at the thing before passing it along to somewhere else for repair. And, if it's in the state Manny says, they should have sent a new one out immediately, with apologies. Hence, I will NOT be buying their premium priced products. Especially not when products half the price or less exist that may not look as elegant, but look and perform fine, and don't have normal use abnormal wear issues.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I contacted the seller, they informed me they were sending an RMa..... But I waited a week and it never came.... That's when I decided to sent it to the lost Vape repair center.....

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No he sent it to LV repair.....
http://www.lostvaperepaircenter.com/
I believe.....
I'm aware of that now. When I made my earlier posts I was under the mistaken impression he sent it back to Evolv for a replacement board. That's why I couldn't understand the time frame (Evolv usually turns around things pretty quick) or why it was suggested he should just get a new mod.

I feel like it was a bad re-run from I Love Lucy or the Abbot and Costello skit who's on first. My bad. :facepalm:

VU Sponsors