Become a Patron!

Madecat_Vapes Review : Snowwolf MFeng Kit

madecat_vapes

Member For 4 Years
Hello VU! Today I am reviewing for you the Snowwolf Mfeng Kit! Here we are with another dual 18650 device that offers really nothing new. I guess the Mfeng is all about style and with it's interesting design choices, you'll either love it or hate it. "But dark, how well does it perform?" Read below for my evaluation.

I have had the Mfeng Kit for 3 weeks now and feel I can give a fair assessment of its quality.

This device was sent to me from HealthCabin for the purpose of a review.

Mfeng Specs
Dimension: 91.5mm x 49mm x 30mm​
Wattage Output: 10W-200W​
Voltage Range: 6.4V-8.4V​
Temperature Control Range: 100℃-300℃/200℉-570℉​
Resistance range: 0.05Ω-3.00Ω​
Modes: POWER/SS(304/316/317)/Ti/Ni200/TCR​
Display: 1.3" Color TFT Screen​
Construction: Zinc Alloy, PC + ABS Fireproof Materials​
Battery Type: Dual 18650 Cells (not included)​
Charging support (Micro USB): DC 5V/2.5A​
Double fire buttons​

Wolf Tank Specs
Dimensions: 28mm x 48.5mm​
Diameter: 28mm​
6.0ml e-Liquid Capacity​
Top Fill Style​
Triple Adjustable Bottom Airflow Design​
Stainless Steel 303 (Surface Process Plating)​
Compatible with Sigelei WF Series - 0.2Ω WF (60-150W) and 0.16Ω (100-230W) WF-H coils included​
Screw on Top Fill Cap​
Silicone Fill Port cover for easy access and to prevent leaks​
510 Drip Tip​

Current Color Options
1-1PZGH5292c.jpg

Contents
Mfeng Box Mod​
Wolf Tank​
WF Coil​
USB Cable​
Replacement Bubble Glass​
User Manual​
Warranty Card​

Operation
5 click fire button on / 5 click off​
3 click fire button to enter Menu​
Menu
Mode - Power/SS/Ti/Ni200/TCR
Screen - GUI(2 options)/Brightness
Set - Power Saving / Preheat
Exit
Hold Power button and + to show individual battery voltage​
Hold Power button and - to lock +/- (can still fire device)​
In TC Mode - Hold + and - to Read and Lock resistance​

Pics
Contents​
fU0cNSl.jpg
Spares1​
XjwhycP.jpg
Spares2​
S3ZFukR.jpg
Kit1​
Hva0hWX.jpg
Kit2​
65E7nc2.jpg
MFeng​
yDjMj3B.jpg
510​
NqHBETV.jpg
Fire button​
6ovfj7o.jpg
Back/Wolfie​
iv6ZpEM.jpg
Screen1​
AOhsNWq.jpg
Menu​
Xcv3wI0.jpg
Screen2​
RbBB0Rb.jpg
Wolf Tank​
jDbJf8S.jpg
Airflow​
mQfhhXk.jpg
Top/Drip Tip​
RTegqwD.jpg
Fill Port​
Le01KOH.jpg

Mfeng Kit
Snowwolf is one of those companies that I've seen the name thrown around quite a bit. Some good things, some bad. It's kind of up in the air when it comes to Snowwolf quality. The Mfeng, and I'm assuming all Snowwolf devices, is manufactured by Sigelei who had a good run for a while, dipped in quality, and are possibly making a comeback? I don't know. All this to say I wasn't sure what to expect going into this review as I've never owned another Snowwolf device, and the only other Sigelei device I've had is the Kaos Spectrum (which I liked, but many others have had issues with). There are things to like about the Mfeng, and things that are just outright bad. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's jump off this review and start at the best place possible: the top.

Top/510: The top of the MFeng houses a groved 510 plate. The threading on the negative is smooth and it has a spring-loaded, gold-plated 510 pin. 28mm attys will sit flush on the device, but 30mm overhang just a bit. If you're not worried about overhang, you probably won't be able to fit anything over 32mm as there are styling walls on either side of the device that will prevent that.

Buttons: Along one side of the device is a large fire bar with groves along the top and bottom. It is supposed to allow you to either fire it from the top or the bottom. However, the bottom one on mine just never worked and I thought it was only there for style until I saw places talking about a double fire button. One the front of the device along the bottom are the +/- buttons. All buttons have a decent clickyness to them, however, the +/- buttoms do have a bit of play and rattle.

Screen/Menu: The screen is of a decent size and color, however, I'm not really a huge fan of the color scheme they went with. It just looks too old for the device. I personally think the device looks decent, so I don't know why they didn't go with a classier screen layout/color scheme to match it. This is true for both of the UI options...just no. The menu of the MFeng is fairly simplistic, only allowing you to modify a few options. My biggest gripe here is, when you are adjusting your Wattage/Temp, the left button is your - and the right button is your +. When you enter the menu it is flipped. Why would you do that? It just doesn't make sense to me. I would much prefer some consistency.

Battery Panel/Tray: WOLF FACE!! Sorry, but it was the first thing that popped into my head. Either you're going to like it or not, but the battery panel on the back of the device has a humongous wolf face on it. I kind of like gaudy things, so I don't mind it, but this is going to be one of those love it or hate it things. I thought it would be a bigger issue, and even though I can feel it in my hand when I hold it, it's not really uncomfortable. The battery panel is held on by some large and powerful magnets: two the top and one on the side. No worries about it accidentally falling off.

The battery tray is...orange. Whatever I guess, but I would have preferred white or black. There is a nice sized battery ribbon that will wrap under both batteries for easier removal and battery orientation is nice and clearly marked on the tray.

Size/Styling: The Mfeng is a pretty nice size for a dual 18650 device and I actually like the styling. I think it looks pretty classy (well, with the exception of the wolf face) and there are 21 color options!! Yes, 21 color options! So there's sure to be something for everyone. Although, I really wished there was a murdered out one, where the wolf face was black as well. The Mfeng is quite heavy, though. If you're ever in a situation where you need a weapon, you could probably do some decent damage with this thing.

Performance: In Power Mode, the Mfeng performs quite well. The device fires quickly and consistently. I haven't had any issues of misfiring or not working when I expect it to. I have used many different attys on the device and it hit very nicely for each. TC mode is a different story. TC is very inconsistent and has very bad dry hit detection. To put it frankly, it just don't work. Don't expect to be using this for a good TC experience.

Wolf Tank: Speaking of garbage, the wolf tank is just that. Well, okay, I guess I can't say the tank itself is terrible, but the coils were very bad and I didn't take more than 5 hits off each of the two coils that were in the kit. Why? Because I got a terrible metallic taste off of each coil and I just would not vape it for longer than that. I don't know if all coils will be that way, but both of mine were and that's all I can present.

madecat_vapes

Member For 4 Years
Final Thoughts
Pros

• Smooth 510 threading
  • 28mm attys sit flush
  • Clicky buttons
  • Decent size screen
  • Simplistic menu system
  • Strong battery door magnets
  • Long battery ribbon
  • Clearly marked battery orientation
  • Fiarly nice styling
  • Nice size for dual 18650
  • Doubles as a throwing brick
  • 21 color options!!
  • Power Mode performance
Cons
  • Bottom fire button just didn't work
  • +/- buttons have rattle
  • Color scheme is ugly to me
  • Both UIs aren't impressive
  • +/- buttons flip when in menu
  • That wolf face is going to be pretty devisive
  • it's quite heavy
  • TC is inconsistent and doesn't work well
  • Wolf Tank coils are garbage
If you like the wolf face on the battery panel or can get past it, the MFeng is a decently performing device in Power Mode. The styling of the device itself is pretty decent, and with 21 color options there is bound to be one for everyone. I really wish the UIs matched the styling of the rest of the device, though. If you're looking for a device with good TC, then this isn't for you. If you are considering this device, do yourself a favor, save a few bucks and pick up the device only. There are much better tanks out there than to risk the garbage I dealt with.

Purchasing
Healthcabin - MOD-$59.99 / KIT-$75.90

Thank you...
...for your attention VU. I hope you all have a great rest of your week!

I want to give another shout out to HealthCabin for giving me the opportunity to provide this community with this review. If you want to check them out, you can follow them on their Facebook or Instagram pages or check out the HealthCabin Blog.

Healthcabin Mid-Autumn Festival
Healthcabin is celebrating the Mid-Autumn festival with 15% off your entire order. Use Code MidAutumn through September 25 for the discount.

Also, if you want to keep up with me, you can follow me on Instagram.

This Review was sponsored by:

VU Sponsors