Become a Patron!

Magnetic Mixers

Teb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So, I just bought a magnetic mixer to mix my juices (not to steep them). I am reading conflicting methods on how to mix using this method. Some say to mix at a high speed while others say to mix at a slow speed for several hours. Also, some people say to cover the beaker while mixing as to not introduce oxygen while others say that there is no need to do that. Does anybody else on here use them? And what is your preferred method?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
when you stir real fast you'll notice a whirl of tiny bubbles coming off the stir bar....like the tiny bubble caused by a submarine propeller...this process is called cavitation I spoke with a nic manufacturer who told me cavitation signifacantly speeds up the process of oxidizing the nicotine making it harsh and peppery.....

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I just bought a magnetic mixer to mix my juices (not to steep them). I am reading conflicting methods on how to mix using this method. Some say to mix at a high speed while others say to mix at a slow speed for several hours. Also, some people say to cover the beaker while mixing as to not introduce oxygen while others say that there is no need to do that. Does anybody else on here use them? And what is your preferred method?
i use a coffee frother and sometimes a mini blender/chopper. i mix at will all of the ingredients then add nic at time of use. so if i make a juice and let it sit around for a day or a month,, i dont add the nic until i am ready to vape that mix

i have a very old crusty but working magnetic mixer i dont bother using.. it needs cleaning up or going to good will

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thought about using one of these, but then there are the oxidation concerns unless you mix your liquid (combine ingredients), then mix your liquid (with the magnetic stirrer), then add nic and mix your liquid (shake it up in the bottle)...I decided it was an addition of unnecessary steps. Personally, given that with the exception of the 264 ml bottles I mix for a handful of people no more than a few times a month I'm never making more than a 50 ml batch of anything, the quantity just isn't there to justify a beaker. And dropping bottles in hot water long enough to thin the VG usually means a vigorous shake every 15 minutes or so during an hour-long heat bath is more than plenty of agitation.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use a stirrer I made all the time. I mix 50ml and 100ml batches and cover the beakers when it is stirring. I add the nic to the mix 5 minutes before the juice is done. I run it at medium speed to stop bubbles from forming.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Being as I only make 15-30ml bottles, of different recipes at a time, I can't justify farting around with those things.
Making larger batches though I could see it, minus the NIC, of course.

Marc411

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been using one for a little over a year and mine has a heat adjustment built into it. I use it for batches 90mls or larger. I have not noticed any significant degradation of my nic nor do I normally do have to worry about oxidizing the nicotine as my liquids really don't last long enough. I use NN and I do not get a peppery taste after using the mixer and heat (125°) combined.

But Heabob nailed it, if you mix smaller batches it's not worth the investment.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i use a coffee frother and sometimes a mini blender/chopper. i mix at will all of the ingredients then add nic at time of use. so if i make a juice and let it sit around for a day or a month,, i dont add the nic until i am ready to vape that mix

i have a very old crusty but working magnetic mixer i dont bother using.. it needs cleaning up or going to good will

Thanks for sharing your experience I use Milk Frother too and it dramatically reduce steep time from 3 weeks to 1 week. when you mix your NIC later after steep, how long you need to wait your juice to mature (Nic + other ingredients)? Thank you

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for sharing your experience I use Milk Frother too and it dramatically reduce steep time from 3 weeks to 1 week. when you mix your NIC later after steep, how long you need to wait your juice to mature (Nic + other ingredients)? Thank you
i use the ejuice upon adding the nic,, with a few good shakes each time.

VU Sponsors